VFL 2021 VFL R5 v Sydney (Sat 15-May 4.45pm @ SCG) - [kayo]

Remove this Banner Ad

The rules changed this year to promote quicker play on, faster ball movement and higher scoring.
Our game plan has not changed to take advantage of this. That’s an indictment on the coaching panel.
If you mean we have slow aging mids who can't execute that plan then the indictment is on list management and recruiting

Chances are we'd be seriously considering him for the upcoming draft, but it seems odd we're prepared to give him as much "exposure" as we are, when there's likely to be a couple of teams picking before us in that draft (with one of them rumoured to be interested in him)! Lynch picking up an injury probably hasn't done us any favours, in more ways than one!

Does kayo have a mute commentary option?
Knew it was going to be annoying when Crouch one minute in, like a smartarse said "great, academy players on both sides". Yeah mate, we have one, that we might not end up having access to, in a system that will be obsolete soon. Compare that to the absolute rort they have up there.
Does he realise he is commentating or just having a chat at the bar?
Then how about the play by play guy just randomly doing a weird voice?
Obviously Crouch is biased towards the swans, but he didn't try and hid it and I don't believe his was expected to. As an expert commentator I thought he done his role well and I imagine swan fans would have loved his insights. The issue is that there was no Collingwood employee to balance it out.

Hmm our best players by listening to the commentary were, “Collingwood defender” and “magpies player” ffs if your going to commentate a game at least know the players.
If any of you have heard the NSW Sheffield Shield commentary tonight’s was just as bad but not quite as obnoxious.

I think you lost a bit of credibility there, if we can get clarkson we would be stupid not to persue it
What? I lost cred? he just lost to North and if Buckley did that you'd be tearing down the walls to lynch him, cred? hah!

What? I lost cred? he just lost to North and if Buckley did that you'd be tearing down the walls to lynch him, cred? hah!
Yeah, nah, your not going to convince anyone on here that we shouldn't get Clarkson, there is a lot more more to it than one loss by Hawthorn

Yeah, nah, your not going to convince anyone on here that we shouldn't get Clarkson, there is a lot more more to it than one loss by Hawthorn
Yeah nah he lost to North and speaking of them beware the Pagan factor, Clarkson's had his success, how did Malthouse go at Carlton?

Chances are we'd be seriously considering him for the upcoming draft, but it seems odd we're prepared to give him as much "exposure" as we are, when there's likely to be a couple of teams picking before us in that draft (with one of them rumoured to be interested in him)! Lynch picking up an injury probably hasn't done us any favours, in more ways than one!
I assume you're referring to Hawks? There is another Ruck from sandringham they're looking at as well. Unknown if we're looking at him though, they're keeping their cards to their chest.
But boy he has been mighty impressive with 23 hitouts. Did some very nice things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many Premierships does Clarko have?
How many successful rebuilds does Clarko have?
How many Premierships does Bux have?
How many successful rebuilds does Bux have?
Within in those stats you will find the answer as to why Clarko is not lynched after a loss. Simply, players and club have faith in him. As do the supporters.

Obviously Crouch is biased towards the swans, but he didn't try and hid it and I don't believe his was expected to. As an expert commentator I thought he done his role well and I imagine swan fans would have loved his insights. The issue is that there was no Collingwood employee to balance it out.

I still thought he was ordinary. Didn't really have a grasp of the rules despite working at an AFL club. A couple of times was asked about a swans player and said he knew nothing about them. Admittedly I am grumpy after the match earlier and am less forgiving.

I seriously hope you are not even putting bucks in the same galaxy as Clarkson when it comes to coaching
It doesn't matter mate, as Lethal always said it's the cattle not the coach

Here's the math

2002/2003 (GF GF)
7 years
2010/2011 (GF GF)
7 years
2018/2019 (GF PF)
7 years
2026/2027

That's when the cattle is in place next, so go blow a fortune on a coach chasing the dragons tail but that's the timeline

Here's the math

2002/2003 (GF GF)
7 years
2010/2011 (GF GF)
7 years
2018/2019 (GF PF)
7 years
2026/2027

That's when the cattle is in place next, so go blow a fortune on a coach chasing the dragons tail but that's the timeline
If it’s the cattle why haven’t GWS won a flag?

If it’s the cattle why haven’t GWS won a flag?
I would imagine they got the demographic wrong getting them all at once then losing them like a sieve each year, oh and they had Silvagni, but I'm sure their supporters are ignoring who really botched it up too, it's just so easy to scapegoat the coach

Here's the math

2002/2003 (GF GF)
7 years
2010/2011 (GF GF)
7 years
2018/2019 (GF PF)
7 years
2026/2027

The cattle we have is better than bottom four.
A new voice is needed to get the best from the cattle.

The cattle we have is better than bottom four.
A new voice is needed to get the best from the cattle.
No it's not, there are 3 slow players over 30 in our midfield that can't spread or get to contests, that's game over at all levels, not to put too fine a point on it but we are ****ed til the next gen of mids come through

I still thought he was ordinary. Didn't really have a grasp of the rules despite working at an AFL club. A couple of times was asked about a swans player and said he knew nothing about them. Admittedly I am grumpy after the match earlier and am less forgiving.
His knowledge of swans players was certainly more centred around their academy. I gather that's his role at the club?

Hope you gave Eddie the same grace when he was doing commentary.
How many Premierships does Clarko have?
How many successful rebuilds does Clarko have?
How many Premierships does Bux have?
How many successful rebuilds does Bux have?
Within in those stats you will find the answer as to why Clarko is not lynched after a loss. Simply, players and club have faith in him. As do the supporters.
I think you miss the point . . .

Clarkson is touted one of the greatest . . . Yes?

Yet one of the greatest lost to North???

Buckley's lack of success is irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back