Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS rd9 & Changes for Brisbane rd10

Best Players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Graham is having a career best season, and in his 4 previous seasons he has been best 22 in the best team in the league. If he’s not best 22 this year, we must be the best team ever to play the game.
Lmao @ this logic. Brilliant.

Yeah but according to some he as well as our 2 best defensive runners are expendable for 2 guys without a tank and a tall.
You probably wanted to sign Jacob Townsend to a 7 year deal at $1m per season given he was such a good defensive player.

I was one of the few Tiger supporters fortunate enough to be at the game

spent some time just focusing on Aarts and following his running patterns.

Very good game runs hard and yes gets the running patterns slightly skew-wiffed in the forward line

but gutsy game in the centre, very hard running, solid at the ball and now creeping up our goal kicking ladder

boys got something certainly not a spud as some claim, slowly winning the supporters over with efforts like that against the GWS.

eat em alive tigers.
Surprised how well he did in centre bounces continually got to the right areas and won some important clearances.
Has his limitations but is a very smart footballer and a Dimma fav

What’s wrong with it? He was in the 22, now he’s added to his game, why tf does that make him lose his spot?
Your logic is laughable. The game evolves. Fringe players lose their spots because upgrades come along. It happened to Caddy, Butler, McIntosh and Townsend. Graham was dropped last year against Port when we were missing our entire midfield. Clearly he’s not the lock you think he is. The emergence of RCD will hopefully see him sidelined at the pointy end.

Your logic is laughable. The game evolves. Fringe players lose their spots because upgrades come along. It happened to Caddy, Butler, McIntosh and Townsend. Graham was dropped last year against Port when we were missing our entire midfield. Clearly he’s not the lock you think he is. The emergence of RCD will hopefully see him sidelined at the pointy end.
At the business end of the season, Graham has been a lock in our team for 4 years. RCD has been fantastic in his 3 games but as quick proxies, Graham has record more disposals AND more pressure acts in each game. Jack Graham has a proven track record as our clear best pressure player - as long as pressure is our one wood we will not be dropping our best pressure player unless he his out of form and clearly this season he is not, he has in fact added ball winning to his repertoire.

The Doggies game is the one to look at.
They led the Lions for virtually the entire game, should have won by six goals.
The two tall forwards hurt the Lions and the Doggies were able to trap the ball in the forward half for repeat entries.
IMG_20210517_220144.jpg

At the business end of the season, Graham has been a lock in our team for 4 years. RCD has been fantastic in his 3 games but as quick proxies, Graham has record more disposals AND more pressure acts in each game. Jack Graham has a proven track record as our clear best pressure player - as long as pressure is our one wood we will not be dropping our best pressure player unless he his out of form and clearly this season he is not, he has in fact added ball winning to his repertoire.

Whoa.... careful with all this sense making

In 2019, he averaged 17 disposals. This season he’s averaging 18.7. Improving his disposal average by 1.7 disposals a game isn’t really adding “ball winning” to his repertoire, is it? It’s 1.7 extra disposals a game. Do you consider that substantial? What are your thoughts on his tackle numbers going down then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would love shedda back, but we can't be playing him if he's touch and go, should be cherry ripe for a week before getting a game. Our only hope is that our injured stars come back in and stay in
Sheds has been awesome, but am I right that he has been very underwhelming all season?
Will be interesting if he comes straight back in when ready, or not.

In: RCD, Stack, CCJ
Out: Graham, Rioli, Castagna

I understand what you are saying - that RCD Stack & CCJ should go into our best 22 (irrelevant of injuries) & replace Graham, Rioli & Castagna. I just strongly disagree with it. - too be fair to me and box, you have posted this in the "Changes vs Brisbane" post.....

But if you are talking best 22 - then your recommendation makes even less sense than it would vs Brisbane.

CCJ has played 1 AFL game - has zero senior proof he is worthy. You have him passing poor Soldo even though CCJ hasn't played a single game since he did his knee. CCJ can't even get a game when Soldo is injured, let alone when he was fit and our starting ruckman.

Stack hasn't played in about 10 months & even at that point he wasn't in our best 22, he has shown zero form since then to suggest he has earned a spot in the side, let alone our best 22

RCD - yeah maybe, looks on his way but i dont like to count chickens before they hatch. I want more before i call him best 22

The understanding though behind the people you would drop makes little sense to me. Graham is in our top 10 for finals performances over the dynasty era - & if you took Castagna AND Rioli out of our team, the system which has made us what we are - would fall flat. Heck, i have been pretty hard on Rioli's performance based on his talent, but i think he would still be in the best 22 based on our system - he just needs to lift atm. Stack is not capable or replacing either of them in the same way & i don't really see how you would replace the 2nd one with, period. Surely not CCJ?

I can follow the convo mate, but not really your logic - sorry

Last edited:
Ben King will replace Jack Riewoldt imo good set shot much better than Max.
I wonder if Darcy Fogarty would perform any better in a decent team; not a regular at the Crows and would be the best set shot in the league.

He’d kick more goals than Tom simply through accuracy.

We need to retain CCJ and as much as I hate to say it off load Soldo.
CCJ is the future and will only get better.
Soldo has proven he can play at the level. CCJ HAS PROVED NOTHING.

I think some might be underrating our win against the Giants.

Sure Dusty did some magical things but RCD was critical at times not just releasing Dusty forward. RCD's second goal in particular showed great composure and strength of character and his confidence is growing with his experience. I think Baker in the middle made us stronger not just in terms of his effort but structural fit and Naish as well as Ralphsmith made important contributions. I would like to see the same squad go around again and develop improved synergy. I think this combination is really gelling like 2017 and should not be taken for granted. As a combination it was quite balanced and arguably more balanced than some combinations we have had in the past, even more successful ones

Last edited:
Do journalists just sit around looking for Richmond stories?

View attachment 1130272

This from a bloke who stood on a guy's head.. Yes studs up😂😂

1621262364883.png

A few points regarding this latest storm in a tea cup:

1.Yes Journalists absolutely do sit around looking for Richmond stories, we sell papers and are massive click bait for the Football media and seemingly more so than ever, the more conventional mainstream media, but it is a stretch to call any one of Dermott, Bob or Andy "Journalists".
Thankfully Dermott only refers to himself as "media", despite being barely able to string a coherent sentence together, unless it's on the well rehearsed topic of talking about his own exploits.

2. There is absolutely zero credibility from Brereton calling Jack Riewoldt out for "Studs up", we've all got memories Dermott you Muppet! (See above image from 1994 for our younger thread subscribers). This was a deliberate act for which he copped a seven game suspension for standing on a kids head.

3. There is also some irony in this being raised after a contest with GWS. After all this "discretionary" rule was brought in after Toby Greene (Seemingly one of Dermie's favourite players given his constant fanboy rantings wherever possible) jumped and raised his out-stretched leg above shoulder height to collect Luke Dalhaus in the face a few seasons ago. Jack is not really raising his out-stretched leg above waist height and importantly he is impacting the behind or lower back of his opponents purely looking for some separation within a marking contest. It's currently not being officiated as an "illegal" tactic and until it is, "play on".

It is also a tactic employed by many players still, not only Jack, but we all know how it goes "hater's gonna hate and all that!"

So basically, don't kungfu kick blokes in the face and you should be ok! 😉

1621264457338.png

...or in the chest!

In fact, probably just best to avoid 'FRONT ON CONTACT' with raised kicks hey Dermott? 😉

1621264590790.png
1621264869316.png

I can't stand Dermie - was a total prick of a player. Will never forgive him for breaking Tony Free's jaw in 94 - in a total nothing game on a miserable weathered day at the G, from memory. was a prick of an act by an angry old man. Tony Free was never able to get himself right again after that - re-breaking the jaw in the preseason before doing a knee which ended his career basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back