Review Geelong defeats GCS by 34 points. Rd 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another key component is rolling the player so that they land on their back, not diving forward and pushing them into the turf.

A key example of this is the brad ottens tackle in the 2007 grand final. Grab the arms, drag back towards you to the ground. No need to continue the momentum going forward and exposing the head.

Almost impossible in Duncan's incident.

Would've had to defy physics to do either.

Regardless kolo should not be on more then 200 thousand dollars. Clubs aren’t going to steal him from us. He has little market value. Henry’s extension definitely should of been for more. A real talent is Henry. Parfitt as well. Miers 2019 contract noted. Still surprised he wouldn’t be on atleast 300 thousand as he had a great year in 2019 and was looking like a real find. Also did not know Higgins contract was being partially paid By north.

You have to pay 95% (happy to be corrected if that figure is incorrect) of the cap each season. So that means that your average footballer will still be earning a good income and that ordinary footballers will arguably be overpaid out of necessity.

If Selwood retires at the end of the year as a few have suggested he may, then that may win him a new 1 year deal. Otherwise it’s hard to see him sticking around.

I cant imagine he would want to stay anyway he needs a change of club but for us i think we have a lot of depth in his position and we need to use the list spot to reinforce weaker areas of our list instead.

As soon as Holman pinned Duncan’s arm the risk of a concussion became foreseeable. Did he have to pin the arm in a flying tackle?

Of course players are trained to pin the arm so it creates incorrect disposal and wins a free kick.

Tough crowd in here. Still cant get my head around some posters in here.
Narkle gets 30 touches and some still think he hasnt done enough to cement his spot?
With all thats been written on here over the years about the likes of Parfitt and Rategalea bieng our best young players I would say hes cumfortably ahead of them both on that performance.
Someone will probably come back at me with a few pointless stats but he has more influence on the contests and doesnt fumble. There is no stat for fumbles. As kevin Barlett says the best players dont fumble.

His not a young midfielder his 23 years of age. Should be hitting his straps and best years of his career.

If he puts in 10-12 touch games in the middle with no defensive effort then he will rightfully be dropped

Of course players are trained to pin the arm so it creates incorrect disposal and wins a free kick.
They are also trained to drop to their knees to create dead weight, not continue with a forward motion. That said Holman is stiff and I like his chance of reversing the decision on appeal.

Just a note to all to pile into Christian, the penalties handed-out by the MRO have Steve Hocking's imprimatur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zuth got fined for a rough conduct (dangerous tackle) on Rioli in our game against Richmond the other week, yet during the game it was all good & play on

Seems that there's a number of these 'rough conduct (dangerous tackles)' that are getting fined or suspended in decisions by the MRO, but during the game the umpires reward the tackler or called play on

Surely there's some breakdown in communication, directions or understanding/interpretation of the rules because of how different the same incident is viewed during matches versus upon review
Its the wormtongue lawyers whispering in King Gil's ear. They must be seen as doing everything they can to avoid concussions, so they are punishing anyone who causes one. They are balancing on a fine line between that imperative and not completely alienating the paying public. Actual fans' opinions don't enter into it.

Kinda like the Saints game...

But 7 and 3 ill take any day of the week.

Not a great looking win but in the end we were better and we just won the arm wrestle by doing it for longer.

Selwood is ageless - totally ageless. 39 touches. wow

Stewy and Henry very good

Narkle first tine 30 touches and credit where its due - he's getting better defensively - still needs more for mine BUT it getting better and ill take that.

Guthrie and Duncan injured not a great thing but Duncan will miss the Pies game for concussion. Perhaps Guthrie popped the shoulder and they put it back in and gave him the shot and it got him thru.

Jezza, Rohan, Tomma good but not really great.

Bank the 4 points and it will help us. Close still a good one and getting better too.

2E was good, Blitz good.

things to work on but a win is a win,

GO Catters

Mitch and Guth out this week will be tricky to cover on top of Danger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was allright. Duncan and Guthrie will be fine.
Narkle made the day better.
GC gave up halfway through the third and I don't blame them.
Imagine 2 clubs drafting 2 bros that high that can't kick! What a disgrace.
Negatives: I love SavRat but an AFL standard player he is not.
Commentators liked Higgins but im not a fan. Bit soft.

Higgins is both out of sorts and doesn’t fight for it as much as we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thats fine but they should not roll them towards the pinned arm side face first - the correct way to tackle is more a pulling down motion than forward motion that leads with the head - especially when you are pinning the arm.

The fact Cat supporters are defending a Suns player for an action that caused injury to one of our favourite players says plenty.

Ridiculous decision in my opinion..hope he gets off. The AFL has lost the plot..

His not a young midfielder his 23 years of age. Should be hitting his straps and best years of his career.

If he puts in 10-12 touch games in the middle with no defensive effort then he will rightfully be dropped
The only game this season his disposals were that low (12) he had 5 tackles and a goal.

what games has he had 10-12 disposals with no defensive effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back