Review Geelong defeats GCS by 34 points. Rd 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narkle will always look better than Simpson so long as the latter keeps playing with his socks up. Seriously Narkle is now ahead of a few others and should keep his spot until his form lapses. Also he is one of the best kicks at the club.

Happy to see Kolo leave but it won't happen.
Kolo won’t leave cos we are clearly paying him more then anyone else would be willing to pay.

Duncan had one arm free but was slow to brace himself. Two weeks is unfair. Looked like it deserved a fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't even deserve a fine.

It was an accident.....it wasn't intentional, or malicious, just unfortunate.

They can't legislate / eradicate head knocks from the game entirely. If this isn't overturned the tackle is dead, and we will just be playing a hybrid game of touch football.

Kolo won’t leave cos we are clearly paying him more then anyone else would be willing to pay.

Then hopefully we have the guts to drop him to try Krueger out at some point this year (who I think is OOC - according to the contract thread, he is).

With Henry's development, Kolo is really looking like the most "vanilla" defender down there. And while I'd argue he's better than Blicavs, it's a moot point since Blitz isn't really being played down there.

But I won't hold my breath...

EDIT: I just commented on the other thread that this doesn't mean Krueger gets the nod just because he plays 1 or 2 good games. It's up to him to string enough performances together to get the nod (which unfortunately doesn't mean selection even then, sadly).

Narkle will always look better than Simpson so long as the latter keeps playing with his socks up. Seriously Narkle is now ahead of a few others and should keep his spot until his form lapses. Also he is one of the best kicks at the club.

Happy to see Kolo leave but it won't happen.

One swallow does not a Summer make.

Narkle had a big game against Gold Coast, big whoop. He hasn't gone past anyone, and he's not in good form, he's had one good game. I like him, but he still has a lot of work to do.

Then hopefully we have the guts to drop him to try Krueger out at some point this year (who I think is OOC - according to the contract thread, he is).

With Henry's development, Kolo is really looking like the most "vanilla" defender down there. And while I'd argue he's better than Blicavs, it's a moot point since Blitz isn't really being played down there.

But I won't hold my breath...

EDIT: I just commented on the other thread that this doesn't mean Krueger gets the nod just because he plays 1 or 2 good games. It's up to him to string enough performances together to get the nod (which unfortunately doesn't mean selection even then, sadly).

Kolo is our best defender bar none. Yes, Stewart is a multiple AA and gets a lot of the ball, but no one in our side defends as well as Kolo.

It's the reason he kept Corbett to just two disposals on the weekend, and the reason he was given Dusty in last year's GF (even though he was beaten).

It's also part of the reason he's our only player 25 or under to have played more than 100 games.

Mildly surprised to see Plowman suspended. However I know medical experts have suggested the game we know as AFL football will be unrecognisable in 10-15 years because the concussion/ECT issue is so huge. The issue - and the risk to the game we know and love - is only going to get bigger as more retired players speak out about the issue and start to seek compensation. With all this in mind, we should just accept the MRP decision and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolo is our best defender bar none. Yes, Stewart is a multiple AA and gets a lot of the ball, but no one in our side defends as well as Kolo.

It's the reason he kept Corbett to just two disposals on the weekend, and the reason he was given Dusty in last year's GF (even though he was beaten).

It's also part of the reason he's our only player 25 or under to have played more than 100 games.

🤔🤔🤔

I'd have thought part of defending would also include disposal after the contest. It's heart in mouth stuff with him

I can see WHY the MRO looked at the incident, drove him forward with forward arm pinned and caused a concussion, but geez if we are giving 2 weeks for an enthusiastic tackle they'll be giving weeks for everything that results in an injury.
Probably a fine (it was a sloppy tackle, not "perfect" like the commentators said) at worst but to get weeks in rediculous.

I'm not saying he's absolute rubbish - he does the job well enough most weeks. But I'd say - and it's subjective, since they're obviously guarding different players - that Hendo has been the pick from a defensive point of view. Didn't have the best night vs the Saints, but otherwise has been very consistent this year.

Maybe I'm biased, but I want as many of our defenders to something beyond "stopping". Naturally, you don't want to sacrifice defensive ability, but it'd be nice to have something more than that. Lonergan is the only other player in recent times that I can remember being a pure stopper - and he was a) given the biggest jobs week in, week out and b) damned good at it.

Plus, as frggr points out, you can't have someone who has dicey decision-making or skills down there. Blicavs is someone I'd rather play upfield for that exact reason (actually, I think he's even worse than Kolo). Bews has his regulation OOF every week too, though because he's attacking it's a little less dangerous. Kolo isn't a great ball user.

One swallow does not a Summer make.

Narkle had a big game against Gold Coast, big whoop. He hasn't gone past anyone, and he's not in good form, he's had one good game. I like him, but he still has a lot of work to do.
Not in good form?

what Is your definition of good form?

he was awesome against the gold coast and in the half against richmond when on the ground. Played a great first half against the saints (Probably our most damaging mid)’ but a poor second half.

in his last four halves of football he has had three awesome halves of football. What is your definition of good form?

Higgins is both out of sorts and doesn’t fight for it as much as we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Couple of times he stood back and made half hearted attempts at the ball, as though injured.

Thats fine but they should not roll them towards the pinned arm side face first - the correct way to tackle is more a pulling down motion than forward motion that leads with the head - especially when you are pinning the arm.

I agree with that but when you are moving as fast as holman was and as comparatively slow as duncan was its biomechanically very difficult to do that. This is the dumb rubbish we get when the tribunal penalises on the outcome rather than whether the action was appropriate.

Part of defending is stopping your opponent out marking you and getting away from you on the lead and Roving the play to have a snap on goal. i suppose if we ignore the numerous games in the past 12 months where kolo has been taken apart by his opponent then kolo looks ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back