Things that please me - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you actually obtain the Cert IV in procrastination you’re not doing it right.

And plus one for the bf trope thread. That would be legendary.

I hear you Over The Post - I’m still putting my tax stuff together to give our accountant for 2019/20 - hopefully doing it this late makes it easier for me to just hand over this financial years stuff

I just want to be one of those people who just tip a shoebox on to the desk
How come tax time comes around so much more quickly every year?

How come tax time comes around so much more quickly every year?

cause the older you get the quicker those birthdays arrive

was a time I couldn’t wait to be 18 - now I just want the clock to stop

always worth writing asking for leniency (unless you have already written in before)
True. Went on a trip to a Whitsundays island a few years ago, via ferry. The car park was full so we parked in the adjacent boat trailer park - no choice, otherwise we would have missed the ferry. On return 2 days later we received a hefty fine. Wrote a polite letter explaining the lack of parking and had the fine waived 👍

cause the older you get the quicker those birthdays arrive

was a time I couldn’t wait to be 18 - now I just want the clock to stop
My surrogate daughter is now 36, definitely preferred her as a shy 12 year old to the gobby woman reproaching me from the other side of the world. Still the only person in the world that I can guilt with the line "I f***ing raised you".

My surrogate daughter is now 36, definitely preferred her as a shy 12 year old to the gobby woman reproaching me from the other side of the world. Still the only person in the world that I can guilt with the line "I f***ing raised you".

Yep - my oldest just turned 37 and the youngest 28

No idea where all those years in between went

Aren't you like 48? How do you have a 36 year old daughter?

Aren't you like 48? How do you have a 36 year old daughter?
She's the daughter of friend of mine, she was a kid when I met her, we hit it off and I've been her dubious role model ever since. We still speak a couple of times a week on the phone, she's a tree surgeon these days. I'm so proud of her.

Had an interview just before, need to do the HR chat before the final interview with the owner, CEO etc, reckon it's looking good. Moving a bit quick actually, I've only been redundant for a week, want a bit more of a break ha ha

HR bit went fine this morning, dollars are around the mark, got a meeting with the owner and CEO next. The last step will be a meeting with the founder and then a full
Company presentation after which I get interrogated apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's the daughter of friend of mine, she was a kid when I met her, we hit it off and I've been her dubious role model ever since. We still speak a couple of times a week on the phone, she's a tree surgeon these days. I'm so proud of her.

Dubious role model ill bet. “Gough she just got caught smoking weed at school, can you talk to her?” “Sure, does she need me to get her some more, they probably confiscated it”

HR bit went fine this morning, dollars are around the mark, got a meeting with the owner and CEO next. The last step will be a meeting with the founder and then a full
Company presentation after which I get interrogated apparently.
Christ are you joining ASIO??

Christ are you joining ASIO??

No ha ha but yes, I did think it was a bit over the top that’s for sure, I thought after the owner meeting it would be it

Holy sh*t, what line of work are you in?

IT sales essentially, I’d be looking after Aus/NZ but it’s kind of a niche product so I’d be the only head count here

Dubious role model ill bet. “Gough she just got caught smoking weed at school, can you talk to her?” “Sure, does she need me to get her some more, they probably confiscated it”
Her dad is a raging alcoholic, when we used to pick her up from school she knew to go into the back bar at the Golden Harp across the road. She got wise to that sort of thing very early on the piece and is disgustingly clean living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back