Review Good/Bad vs St Kilda - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Both haven't been at their best by a long shot but McPherson by far the worse of the pair.
No, McPherson is just the whipping boy of the moment.

Hamill has barely done a thing right for six weeks. He'll come good, but I think it's interesting the gold pass he's being offered on this board.

No, McPherson is just the whipping boy of the moment.

Hamill has barely done a thing right for six weeks. He'll come good, but I think it's interesting the gold pass he's being offered on this board.
Hamill is a more courageous player imo.

Moose is not playing well. He constantly trails his opponent, been giving some weak efforts around the contest and his once solid kicking is not reliable.

Hamill isnt playing well either but he's cracking in and winning the footy. His disposal is his glaring weakness. Decision making and foot skills need work.

He played well.. but he always does play an alright game once in every three or four..

But he still only had 14 possessions..

A 32 year old 230 game veteran and he still can only get his hands on it as much as an under 50 game developing youngster.

those of us here that want him gone couldnt give a fu** if he plays alright here and there. His selection in the side is a pointless waste that contributes to the current state of our list and has been for years now. Thats a undeniable fact.

14 possessions.. some of them kick ins after opposition behinds.. one of which he couldnt even hit his team mate on the chest with from 20 metres and resulted in an inside D50 turnover.. wow, thats outstanding from a 32 year old veteran, please forgive me if it doesnt excite me!.

his fans in here love to chirp up every few weeks when he actually does something.. then they say sweet fa and crawl back under their rocks every other week though..
Yep. Last night would make a great, memorable retirement game for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Nicks made some interesting changes last night, primarily that McPherson started taking our kick ins. I really liked it as he's been down on form and confidence out in the field of play and coincidentally after he started doing it he got a tiny bit involved in other play. Still not sold on him or Hamill but both lifted (with the side) in that 2nd half quite a bit.

And? My point wasn’t about the quality of Crouch, more so how many Crows supporters were talking up him potentially getting us the 2nd pick in the draft
I think he showed last night and has showed why many believed he was worth much more than a shitty band 3 compo pick. That the club was stupid enough to not put a contract there that was large enough to either keep him or force a suitor into paying more was beyond lunacy.

By way of example if people say he would keep a youngster out of the midfield..well i'd have crouch in the side 1000% ahead of mckay who whilst he had a good night last night is holding a spot a youngster could be playing

Last edited:
I thought Nicks made some interesting changes last night, primarily that McPherson started taking our kick ins. I really liked it as he's been down on form and confidence out in the field of play and coincidentally after he started doing it he got a tiny bit involved in other play. Still not sold on him or Hamill but both lifted (with the side) in that 2nd half quite a bit.

I really liked McPhersons kick in as well. Most were no bullshit and straight up the corridor.

I think he showed last night and has showed why many believed he was worth much more than a shitty band 3 compo pick. That the club was stupid enough to not put a contract there that was large enough to either keep him or force a suitor into paying more was beyond lunacy.

By way of example if people say he would keep a youngster out of the midfield..well i'd have croich in the side 1000% ahead of mckay who whilst he had a good night last night is holding a spot a youngster could be playing
$600K which he was already currently on at the Crows, he is clearly worth $700-750K for a solid B+ midfielder but the Saints got creative with their 5th year trigger which they knew we wouldn't have matched the length of the contract with B.Crouch wanting that 5 years contract.

Good:

What the club is selling about the players being happy and together is true. Come back wins don't happen like that if the players aren't working for each other. 2 years ago we would have lost that game by 70 points.

Thilthorpes footy smarts and skills for someone of his size is unprecedented. Another two preseasons and 30 games he will be unstoppable and in the top 5 players in the comp.

Bad: our lapses during games. It's almost as if we go into energy conservation mode. Previously it's been late in the 3rd quarter but yesterday was the second. I wonder if this is just something our young players have developed into their thinking as a way of saving energy for later in the game and final quarter assaults. No doubt Nick's during the week after the Collingwood game made it known he wanted a full 3rd quarter effort and our players went into this mode second quarter instead.

Ugly: there isn't a lot of ugly to talk about other than the starts. Who knows maybe our kids just try and do the minimum at the start of games and build into it.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back