Preview Richmond vs Collingwood - MCG, Sunday July 11, 4.10pm. Rd 17, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but we are going to get smashed out of the middle which will give them confidence and solve their slow ball movement problem early. I can see it ending close as they are awful, but I can't see us playing any better than the GC game.
Both midfields are equally cooked imo
We just need Cotch to have a crack, RCD and Dow to show something
But we have trump cards in Dusty and Bolton that should nullify any advantage they get from Grundy

Is this some kind of sick joke or is Dima officially insane?

Castagna and aarts both remain in team after being absolute liabilities for weeks now…. They don’t even tackle anymore let alone kick a goal ffs

Parker back to back 10 tackles, spark and mongrel.. nope not worthy according to Mr.hardwick

0CB47C2F-CACE-4B91-A105-722A79DADDF9.gif

Deadset just got beaten by two crap sides two weeks in a row, could do no worse than what our smalls have dished up this year.
This year is right. They have been crap all year. Aside from one, maybe two good games each, they have been abysmal this season.

And yet there they are. Again. No matter how substandard their performance, they're about as likely to be dropped as Dusty or Grimes.

Castagna and aarts both remain in team after being absolute liabilities for weeks now…. They don’t even tackle anymore let alone kick a goal ffs

Parker back to back 10 tackles, spark and mongrel.. nope not worthy according to Mr.hardwick

View attachment 1173860
Nah sorry still got his dimma L plates on apparently 😂😂

Both midfields are equally cooked imo
We just need Cotch to have a crack, RCD and Dow to show something
But we have trump cards in Dusty and Bolton that should nullify any advantage they get from Grundy

Dusty and Bolton would want to lift, De Goey is due to fire. The worry is on paper this team is probably 3-4 goals weaker than the one we put out against Gold Coast.

Desperate times call for outside the square thinking.

I'd use Marbs at centre bounces with Dusty forward then swap them for stoppages and throw-ins.

Around the ground ball-ups and throw-ins are all about grappling strength and outbodying your opponent, height becomes way less relevant. As Dusty showed last week when he was obliged to contest as a ruck, he has the strength to win these contests and can then act as an extra mid. Also prevents him being sat on all game as he often is and winning few or none effective clearances.

It's an unexpected tactic and may give us a bit of an edge at the coalface where the game will be won or lost.

View attachment 1173860

Parker, Pickett and McIntosh delivering the ball inside 50 probably wouldn't win a VFL game at the moment.

Atleast if we lose I reckon we bring back everyone for Jacks 300th, make it our grand final then regardless of the result pretty much put all our senior players out for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the ins, its looking to the future.

Stack - young troubled talent, great start followed by a terrible second year and then some significant off field issues. Need to see whether the work has paid off and if its worth continuing with him in the future
Garthwaite - 23 year old KPP who can apparently play both ends of the ground. Looked promising every time he has played really, but has been stuck behind some club legend KPPs and was overtaken by one out of the box in balta. at his age theres still no reason to think he cant make it. Astbury was stuck behind some absolute plodders until his 7th year in a much worse team.
Rioli - we all know the story. Highly talented, built the winning gameplan basically around him, but has tapered hard the last couple years. But the move to the HBF is a look to the future and seeing what he can do going forward considering he is sublimely talented and only 24. Plenty of players have been revived and thrived with a move to the half backline.
Mansel - first year hard nut back pocket. could replace short or release one of him/baker further up the field. nuff said.

View attachment 1173860

This 100%. Why we so scared for change? Our match selection has no imagination. We have nothing to lose trying Parker instead because Costanga is literally doing NOTHING.

Dimma said in the press conference today that he was still learning our system
Another good performance in the VFL gets him his debut
Surely

Someone tell dimma seasons over if he doesn’t try someone new in the forwardline.

We got too many yes men as assistants we need someone with balls to tell dimma hes farked up the season with his stubbornness

******* funny watching "supporters" drop off in droves. Most times completely wrong as well with giant selection melts wanting injured players IN and non injured (therefore probably essential) players OUT lols
Took the position after the Saints beat us that the season was done. Takes all the frustration out of attending/watching games and allows me to watch the game without expectation. Heading into this weeks game I want to see what RCD & Dow bring to the midfield mix. I want to see if Stack has rediscovered his debut season style of play. I want to see if Rioli can bring something different to the table playing further up the ground. I want to see Chol stand up against one of the best in the business and at least have a crack. If we win, then we win, if we don't but you see some promising things for the future happening then I'll still walk away happy post game.

Parker, Pickett and McIntosh delivering the ball inside 50 probably wouldn't win a VFL game at the moment.
Why would parker be delivering the ball in?

He should replacing one of castagna or aarts
at least he applies pressure and tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back