List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Shai's gamble has backfired. Holding out on your contract usually works but you need to play well - his last month has done nothing to increase his value.

It hasn't worked, time to sign on and get on with the job Shai.
Hasn’t backfired at all. He’s our number one player so don’t see how holding off to get top dollar hurts him.

You got something against MRJ debuting in front of the Richmond faithful?
Not particularly
Just more about his fitness and who we are up against for the next two rounds

Freo will be an “easier” game to give him his first taste than the lions and especially the cats who have a very good defensive structures atm

The Freo connection is just a happy coincidence

Not particularly
Just more about his fitness and who we are up against for the next two rounds

Freo will be an “easier” game to give him his first taste than the lions and especially the cats who have a very good defensive structures atm

The Freo connection is just a happy coincidence
Jack Dyer stand would be pulled down if MRJ doesn't debut at the G.

What rubbish re Green,if Green says I'm out of here,very few clubs would keep especially if kelly pulls that 8x 1 million lever.
Gws being chasing ccj for years,they say we want ccj and a second rounder ,
Done deal,gws better off, Tigers happy
What gives you the impression he would do that , he did sign an extension that always says something

Sam weiderman would form a great duo with lynch ,and reckon pick 20 something gets it done , would love to get him to Tigerland
We gotta try something. Potentially see if we can get darcy foggarty too for a reasonable price

Losing cj but gaining weiderman would be good

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam weiderman would form a great duo with lynch ,and reckon pick 20 something gets it done , would love to get him to Tigerland
Don’t mind it at all. 20 is too much though.

I beg your pardon?! Sam weideman makes egg look courageous.

6 years in and averages 1 goal a game. Shocking footballer. If we trade for him I'll cancel my membership.

RCD will come good. He’s not the first player I would look to offload, debut was this year and plenty of time to develop his career. Question would be more on the likes of Castagna and Aarts who are in their prime and stinking it up. RCD might not be a superstar but he’ll be at least a solid contributor in our engine room
That’s a great call, RCD has some flaws but on the flip side he has some real upside. No way you offload him while keeping cloggers like Aarts snd Castagna

Tonight just reinforced for me what we need to do moving forward.

As it stands we hold picks 7 16 26 29 42 & 44

Right now picks 7 & 16 should be off the table, if Cerra wants to come to us then trade our 2022 first round pick and perhaps one of our 2nd or 3rd round picks if the Dockers aren't happy with that then they can keep him or trade him to another club if he wants to return to Victoria.
Trading a future 1st is an absolute fool's game. Trading it in our present situation is really asking for trouble. Look at Collingwood's currant predicament - I'm certain when they traded their 2021 1st they weren't planning on it being worth in excess of 2000 points, which is looking likely. They were entitled to think they'd be competing for finals this season and would only be handing over Pick 10-12, not potentially Pick 2.

There's nothing to suggest that we'll suddenly rebound and perform better next year - the melts on here if we've had a poor 2022 and won't even get our Pick 3-6 would be cataclysmic, especially if Cerra is underperforming. If we really want the bloke, which is fine by me, then trade for him from what we know we have, our 2021 picks. Let's not gamble at the moment.

Trading a future 1st is an absolute fool's game. Trading it in our present situation is really asking for trouble. Look at Collingwood's currant predicament - I'm certain when they traded their 2021 1st they weren't planning on it being worth in excess of 2000 points, which is looking likely. They were entitled to think they'd be competing for finals this season and would only be handing over Pick 10-12, not potentially Pick 2.

There's nothing to suggest that we'll suddenly rebound and perform better next year - the melts on here if we've had a poor 2022 and won't even get our Pick 3-6 would be cataclysmic, especially if Cerra is underperforming. If we really want the bloke, which is fine by me, then trade for him from what we know we have, our 2021 picks. Let's not gamble at the moment.
Depends what you're trading for.

Pies traded for unknown kids in a compromised draft, I'm talking about trading for an established talent who should be a 10-12 year player and can play from Round 1 2022. This year we know, as it stands, we have a top 10 pick and a secondary top 20 pick, plus a further 2 picks in the top 30. We can add 4 young kids to the list.

Also the Pies current predicament is because they imploded due to piss poor list management and by overpaying for some bog average footballers chasing a flag. We're not in that situation as far as I can tell. We're unlikely to have a forced sale of some good footballers to ease cap pressure and thus ruin the harmony in the team.

We need to look around for someone who can play key back. Look at what guys like Josh Walker and James Stewart are doing. Don't need superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back