List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One option is that if we keep CCJ we could trail him as a key back and turn him into a swing man
Plenty of guys who started as forwards have become backs and visa versa
He’s got the hight, good contested mark and costs us nothing
Gives him the chance to continue to get games until Jack retires when we can swap him back forward in the meantime we can pick up a key position player in the draft and gives him some development time
Essadon have both 199cm Stewart & 193cm Laverde reinvented as KPD and slotting in well. We have an excess of KPFs. JR/CCJ could play back in our team. Especially if Astbury leaves (which I'm not expecting) And/or Balta moves fwd. We don't really use Balta's speed with him playing KPD. Use our early pick on Gibcus.
Garth was interesting. Been quite good in front of goal in the VFL & was quite good on Mihochek early on too. Looks a natural defender though

Last edited:
what do people think about fogarty from adelaide? good size can mark and kick. his body shape is that power athlete type, which can take a while to fully develop as you get rid of puppy fat. only 21, and i dont think adelaide have handled him particularly well. chapman took a few years to get going and became a gun. for a throwaway pick would be worth a punt, especially with our pretty bare forwardline.
He just re signed few weeks ago

Can’t see Fog fitting into our forward line with Jack, Lynch and CCJ
He’s basically a key position forward but a little bit short to play the role
His only redeeming quality is that he is a good set shot

Would make us very slow when the ball hits the deck
We have more dynamic options in Cumberland and Parker atm

if we are looking at bringing a key position forward into the side we should be looking at one who is more of a threat in the air similar to how Jack plays, not a lead up type like Lynch and CCJ already are

what do people think about fogarty from adelaide? good size can mark and kick. his body shape is that power athlete type, which can take a while to fully develop as you get rid of puppy fat. only 21, and i dont think adelaide have handled him particularly well. chapman took a few years to get going and became a gun. for a throwaway pick would be worth a punt, especially with our pretty bare forwardline.
Beautiful set shot and good mark but that's it. Not mobile enough and barely gets a touch otherwise.

Watching norf turn the corner after investing heavily in the draft shows the way , we will reap the reward if we invest wisely this draft hand , dont sell the farm for 21yo cerra , I’m ok with 1 x r1 , more than that and questions need to be asked.
Play as many of the kids we got to find out if they have anything at all to offer and then cut them of the list if required , open up 8 list spots reserving a couple for spp is great strategy

I think the knock on him (and the reason he wasn't drafted) is that he's too slow for AFL football. Has an impressive boot on him though!
To be honest, he seemed to play well in the Preseason game against Melbourne. Looking at him he doesnt look slower than say Caddy. I mean with that boot on him, is he any slower than Daniel Rich?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching norf turn the corner after investing heavily in the draft shows the way , we will reap the reward if we invest wisely this draft hand , dont sell the farm for 21yo cerra , I’m ok with 1 x r1 , more than that and questions need to be asked.
Play as many of the kids we got to find out if they have anything at all to offer and then cut them of the list if required , open up 8 list spots reserving a couple for spp is great strategy
Using Norf as a blueprint. We have officially hit rock bottom.

Wouldn't mind looking at Jack Silvagni for our later 2nd. Smart footballer and would be a really good 3rd tall in our forward line. Much maligned because of his name and the stinky club he plays for but I reckon he would fit in perfectly here. Many more tricks and pressure than other tallish forwards mentioned.

Wouldn't mind looking at Jack Silvagni for our later 2nd. Smart footballer and would be a really good 3rd tall in our forward line. Much maligned because of his name and the stinky club he plays for but I reckon he would fit in perfectly here. Many more tricks and pressure than other tallish forwards mentioned.
For the right price I would give him a 3 year contract. He would have to be cheap though. He is 23 at the moment and maybe playing with Lynch and having a season learning some tricks from Jack he could be serviceable. He wont need to be the focal point as well with Lynch and could possibly have a better time in our forward line when compared to the Blues

Always injured. A 2nd round is way overs

When the troops are back RCD'll be squeezed down mid rotations. He is good at centre clearances & he can kick a goal.
Exactly, think that's his best position, when dusty goes to FF
id love for RCD to then go on ball

They wouldn't trade him for a throwaway pick I don't think. Would rather go to the draft than go for any of these recycled types with question marks like Fogarty/Weideman/Riccardi.

In saying that, this year's draft isn't looking strong for elite talls. Most of them are sitting around that late first, early second part of the draft at the moment, which is a spot where we have a couple of picks. Be nice to find the next Balta there, but it's unlikely at this stage.
Mac andrew
Leek alleer
Will be available around Geelong second pick
The fact that there Melbourne and Adelaide Nga academy
Even better poach them b4 they can

Kid is a powerhouse and a beautiful kick but I can’t see him leaving Adelaide, he’s a home grown lad and decently high pick from memory

Garbage

What are people's thoughts on Luke Dunstan? Has been in ripper form lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back