List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need ball winning mids. We didn't but now we do. I don't think Mitchell or Crouch are the answer but someone that just gets their hands on the pill and get it going our way. They don't need be silky, they just need to be able to get it in traffic and get it to others. Who's cheap or expensive but brilliant?

Cheap (not saying I want these guys) - Dunstan, M Crouch, M Wallis etc

Expensive - T.Green, Cerra

Or draft them....
Cerra for a r1 is a good start , we need to add class and then focus on a draft haul . Crouch wouldn’t be last player we look at

Need to see the rebuild through , unfortunately players like reiwoldt , Cotchin , Edwards ain’t getting another crack.
Hope we don’t do a Horethorn .

Well they traded their guys out and that didn't work so do we just keep those guys but understand they won't be automatic best 22 each week?

We need ball winning mids. We didn't but now we do. I don't think Mitchell or Crouch are the answer but someone that just gets their hands on the pill and get it going our way. They don't need be silky, they just need to be able to get it in traffic and get it to others. Who's cheap or expensive but brilliant?

Cheap (not saying I want these guys) - Dunstan, M Crouch, M Wallis etc

Expensive - T.Green, Cerra

Or draft them....
Wallis yes becouse he would cost us a slab
We badly need a clearance machine, Tom Green
Or draft one, cerra is outside , yes he's class
But clearances are a problem now that cotchin
Is at the end and prestia injury prone.

Yeah those guys came in and are best 22 but Hawks are crap... so is it worth it or should they have just drafted in youth and let the older guys play out their careers?
Draft youth and let the older players continue to set club expectations on the way out .
Time will tell but I think we are further down the development path than most have been at the end of an era .

I think today showed that we need a good clearout. Hopefully it is a good draft. Players who aren't going to make it but have some trade value (CCJ) can be traded for what we can get, or delistings for those who just wont make it (egg, chol etc). As many picks as we can in the top 40, and if we can bring in some talent via trade too for a fair price then so be it. If Bolton wants to go then we get fair value for him too. It's a rebuild and we'll have players who want to be here, and players who can make us number 1. With so many young players we definitely need another development coach too and hopefully VFL is played fully next year.

So what is the exact situation with Shai? If he doesn't re-sign with us is it a case we have to trade him - or he signs elsewhere and the AFL gives us a compo pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch GWS?

Green > Cerra.

Not even close.

If you can't get both, you go all out for Green as he will be a genuine star whereas Cerra will be a good honest mid.
What's the go with Green? Does he want out?

Very predictable under Hardwick. Wouldn’t mind a freshen up in the coaching department.

Yes. Kingsley checked out months ago. The rest not up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He probably wouldn't leave because he has a long contract and nobody leaves Brisbane anymore, but I'd like us to at least ask the question about Jarrod Berry. He's had a horrid year with injury so his value is probably at its lowest, but he's been pretty durable prior to 2021.

He'd be rad for our midfield, and the Lions haven't exactly missed him either, especially with the emergence of Bailey as a centre square player and Dev Robinson looking like a gun inside mid.

Probably no chance of getting him out given his brother and school mates are there, but I hope we at least put it to them.

So what is the exact situation with Shai? If he doesn't re-sign with us is it a case we have to trade him - or he signs elsewhere and the AFL gives us a compo pick?
He is not a free agent and so there are no compo picks. If he wants to be traded, he can nominate a team. It is then up to that team to successfully deal with us. If they cannot do that he has two choices. He can stay with us or nominate for either the National draft or PSD. He then walks for nothing. The chance of getting to his desired team that way is low unless they are the team with the number one pick in the PSD. So even though he is uncontracted, a deal has to get done that somewhat satisfies us.

What about Rhys Mathieson, aka the barometer

What's the go with Green? Does he want out?

Not at all. This is all based on him being a Richmond supporter as a kid & his grandpa played for us from what i can see. We did the same thing with Dom Tyson for years before we realised he was just s**t.

No reports of him actually considering leaving & even less reason to believe GWS would let him. He is likely to win the rising star this year. - any trade for him will be multiple first rounders

I am inclined to just go to the draft. If we do that people need to be prepared for the reality that we are more likely to finish bottom 5 than top 5 tho

He is not a free agent and so there are no compo picks. If he wants to be traded, he can nominate a team. It is then up to that team to successfully deal with us. If they cannot do that he has two choices. He can stay with us or nominate for either the National draft or PSD. He then walks for nothing. The chance of getting to his desired team that way is low unless they are the team with the number one pick in the PSD. So even though he is uncontracted, a deal has to get done that somewhat satisfies us.

In that case i see a situation where we trade Bolton for Cerra + picks. Bolton looks really disengaged to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back