Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see games in Ballarat.But how does Ballarat benefit paying us money and no crowd.They should have played it up in Cairns with crowds and me...Being selfish

It does not help Ballarat or its local economy at all. If anything, the city of Ballarat should be paying our club not to travel to their city this weekend.

It just makes no sense in this age of COVID to have 100+ people travelling to regional Victoria for no good reason (players, coaching staff, medicals, admin, umpires, etc).

Last edited:
1627532704538.png

1627532656636.png

Beveridge also indicated star midfielder Adam Treloar was nearing availability in the run home.

“If you remember back, I was preparing everyone for probably the worst case scenario, in that (Adam’s recovery) might’ve taken a lot longer than we would’ve thought,” Beveridge said.

“He’ll be in consideration…definitely not this week, but possibly even next week. That’s how quickly he’s come on.

For anyone wanting to attend the game this week, you can book lunch in the sports club which would have a decent view of the ground. Windows spots would be ideal, might be a bit limited the further you are from the windows.

I don't get the weather complaints. There is no roof on the MCG in finals should it rain just like the Melbourne game last week.
Yep, dead right. The GF is played in the open ... rain, hail or shine. It's not as if Mars Stadium is a hard ground to play on when it's wet. The ground soaks up water like a sponge and it has state of the art drainage, even better than the MCG.

I'm hoping they bring Young in. Still think its a big ask for Schache to anchor the defense without Keath. So I'd bring Young, Wood and Dunkley in for the injured Richards and Keath with Roarke going down to sub.

B: Wood - Young - Cordy
HB: Dale - Schache - Duryea

R: English - Dunkley - Bontempelli
C: B. Smith - Macrae - Hunter

HF: Johannisen - Naughton - Hannan
F: Weightman - Bruce - UgleHagan

I: Williams - Liberatore - Daniel - Garcia
S: R. Smith

It may rain in September but it won't be 9 degrees
The cold is not a factor once the whistle blows and the game starts. The players warm up quick enough and the cooler air actually prevents them from over heating and they expend energy a lot slower. I found that years ago when I used to do competitive distance running. I could run 10 km nearly 3 minutes faster in Ballarat than what I could in Townsville (where I trained at the time).

It does not help Ballarat or its local economy at all. If anything, the city of Ballarat should be paying our club not to travel to their city this weekend.

It just makes no sense in this age of COVID to have 100+ people travelling to regional Victoria for no good reason (players, coaching staff, medicals, admin, umpires, etc).
The Bulldogs are contracted to play two games there per-season and they are sticking to their contract. Let's face it, it's a damn site cheaper to play the game at Mars Stadium without the expensive overheads of playing in an empty big stadium under lights. Heavens, this game could have been played at the Ballarat City Oval or any one of seven other ovals in Ballarat where the surfaces are all exactly the same as Mars Stadium's, save for the fact that there are no broadcast facilities at those other grounds. There is no advantage to playing in a big stadium with no crowd, none what so ever. Unless you want your team to ill-prepare itself for the finals by playing in the benign and petrified conditions of an empty Marvel Stadium.

The cold is not a factor once the whistle blows and the game starts. The players warm up quick enough and the cooler air actually prevents them from over heating and they expend energy a lot slower. I found that years ago when I used to do competitive distance running. I could run 10 km nearly 3 minutes faster in Ballarat than what I could in Townsville (where I trained at the time).
I completely disagree with this.

I drove up to Canberra earlier in the year and I swear all the Giants players were frozen solid in the final 15 minutes of the game!

I completely disagree with this.

I drove up to Canberra earlier in the year and I swear all the Giants players were frozen solid in the final 15 minutes of the game!
Well try it. The only significant difference between Ballarat and the coast is that Ballarat's air is much cleaner and drier and your lungs actually start to burn after about 15 minutes of intensive work. I promise from personal experience that demanded endurance that Ballarat offers a serious advantage. Otherwise why is it that many of Australia's best distance runners, rowers and road cyclists train there?

I say this tongue in cheek ... Clearly the Giants weren't working hard enough on the day. After all another team was also playing in Canberra on that day and they evidently didn't freeze :thumbsu:

I know it's a bit of a larf to have a crack at the selectors, but listening to Bevo's presser today reiterates once again why we should trust these guys to make the right calls.

He mentioned that it had taken a bit longer to recover this week due to Keath and Richards having to be subbed out early. Changes the thoughts around selection as we may need some fresh legs to give some of our guys who were over worked in a tough, wet and physical grind of a game a well earned break.

Well try it. The only significant difference between Ballarat and the coast is that Ballarat's air is much cleaner and drier and your lungs actually start to burn after about 15 minutes of intensive work. I promise from personal experience that demanded endurance that Ballarat offers a serious advantage. Otherwise why is it that many of Australia's best distance runners, rowers and road cyclists train there?

I say this tongue in cheek ... Clearly the Giants weren't working hard enough on the day. After all another team was also playing in Canberra on that day and they evidently didn't freeze :thumbsu:
I totally agree with all your points I was just being cheeky hahaha.

I know it's a bit of a larf to have a crack at the selectors, but listening to Bevo's presser today reiterates once again why we should trust these guys to make the right calls.

He mentioned that it had taken a bit longer to recover this week due to Keath and Richards having to be subbed out early. Changes the thoughts around selection as we may need some fresh legs to give some of our guys who were over worked in a tough, wet and physical grind of a game a well earned break.

Maybe give Brucey a rest?

He was off with an injured hand early and has played every game. In wet conditions might be better off giving him a rest, sweet to the ruck and English forward/ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think Doc rested should have opened a spot for Croz in the back half over Scott, especially considering we’re short on KPDs but anyway shouldn’t cause too many dramas

Would think Doc rested should have opened a spot for Croz in the back half over Scott, especially considering we’re short on KPDs but anyway shouldn’t cause too many dramas
Have you watched crozier play at all this season? Dunno why people keep calling for him to get back in the side.

Roarke and Scott must be surfing with Bevo As they would not get a game with the Roos or any other AFL team. Lipinski certainly should leave and prove Bevo he is 10 times the player than players who have problems getting more than 10 possessions. Also they are just ok with pressure acts, not elite and have average skills. I watch both closely and they are good vfl players. If either kept Oliver or Petracca client then ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back