List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, hes a kid in his 5th game in his 2nd year

Houli and Brando did it regulary throughout their careers aand both great players. Brando would always go when it was his turn as long as he knew what was coming. If he didn't know, he'd go half-hearted - 1 arm up, pull head in etc. In a bygone era it would be called soft, in this era of concussion it's called self-preservation. Teammates have a big role to play with their communication in these instances. Call a player in, let them know what's coming....

Whilst his disposal didnt look great last night i thought thomson dow showed a bit with his positioning and movement
Kid looked good and hopefully with another pre season and more strength and fitness could be a surprise inclusion

Ralphsmith also showed god poise and ability
As you know I said during the week that the likes of Dow Martyn and RCD are reasons I feel confident about our future. Really pleased with Dow last night, showed some nice movement through traffic, could have kicked a couple of goals as well and spent his most amount of time on ground.

Is there any way we could grab another first rounder from the Dogs by giving them later picks (points) for them to get Darcy?
Definitely a possibility, but there are a few other teams might be thinking the same thing, making it a bit of a bidding war:
WB - pick 18 - 985 points

Tigers - (keeping our first round picks)
27 - 703
29 - 653
42 - 395
47 - 316 don't think we'd offer both round 2 picks, at most 27+42+47 = 1414 points? or 29,42,47 = 1364 points.
We'd then have 10, 17, 18, 27/29

So who else would have around 1400 points they might offer?
Hawks,
Norf,
Adelaide,
GWS,
Carlton,
Essendon,
Freo,
Saints,
Sydney,
Port,
Brisbane,
Melbourne all have nothing to offer

Collingwood also need extra points

Gold Coast
24 - 785
43 - 378
52 - 259
60 - 146
62 - 123 = 1691 points, assuming they'd happily upgrade their current third pick(24) to 18. Then have 5, 18, 19

West Coast
31/35/51/67 = 1456 points if offer all 4 picks. Leaves them with just 12 & 18

Geelong
(keep 26) offer 30/36/54 = 1351
or (keep 30) offer 26/36/54 = 1451
Either way, leaves them with just 18, 26/30

So, in my mind it depends on what these 3 clubs are willing to offer and if we want to offer more.

(Until the 100's of pick changes during trade period changes everything completely anyway).

McIntosh is a free agent. Castagna is worth fu** all.
If we delisted George the best he could hope for is getting rookied by some minnow and being experienced depth in the magoos. Was a handy role player at his best but that role seems to have disappeared in modern footy.

As you know I said during the week that the likes of Dow Martyn and RCD are reasons I feel confident about our future. Really pleased with Dow last night, showed some nice movement through traffic, could have kicked a couple of goals as well and spent his most amount of time on ground.
Dow I have the least concerns over as he has the most natural ability and seems like a worker. Martyn could be a midifield beast for us or he could be a Miles and just stay on the fringes. RCD still just looks a bit gorky and unco when he gets the ball, lacks a bit of class but I love his take no prisoners attitude.
It's a good crop but we need to add a few certified contributors to our midfield group if we want a hope of bouncing back next year. Can't rely on potential to win us games.

Lol. Do you ever watch the first games of the season? Players are blowing up and not running out games well. That's about match fitness. If you were correct they'd be at their fittest at the start of the year as they would not be carrying injuries. Again, match fitness is different to general fitness.
You can lol all you want but the bulk of the aerobic work is done in the off-season. The first month is a notch above. RCD is blowing up by half time halfway through the season which means he hasn't or can't do the work.

You can lol all you want but the bulk of the aerobic work is done in the off-season. The first month is a notch above. RCD is blowing up by half time halfway through the season which means he hasn't or can't do the work.
He was always flagged as a player that would need a few years to develop his body to AFL level.
This year he's regularly getting 30+ at VFL level, give him another couple of years and he will be transferring that to AFL level

He was always flagged as a player that would need a few years to develop his body to AFL level.
This year he's regularly getting 30+ at VFL level, give him another couple of years and he will be transferring that to AFL level
Won't get anymore than 12mnths if he doesn't improve his tank.
Think the message is loud and clear by the MC.

I absolutely hope he makes it but I have higher hopes for our other kids atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are other things that are going on with RCD. Many here, like you, are far too simplistic in your views. He hasn't stopped growing. His body is changing. He was asked to bulk up a little more which then makes it harder to cover ground as easily. He needs time to mature into his body and find a balance between strength and the ability to complete repetitive sprinting as well as long-distance running. When your body is changing and the club is shifting the goal posts a little in what it wants from you, it takes a long time to readjust and reach your goals.

There are other things that are going on with RCD. Many here, like you, are far too simplistic in your views. He hasn't stopped growing. His body is changing. He was asked to bulk up a little more which then makes it harder to cover ground as easily. He needs time to mature into his body and find a balance between strength and the ability to complete repetitive sprinting as well as long-distance running. When your body is changing and the club is shifting the goal posts a little in what it wants from you, it takes a long time to readjust and reach your goals.
We just keep going the journey with RCD having pumped this much development into him and seeing marked improvement.

Otherwise you have to go back to the well pick another kid and start all over again.

Of course if he wants out for better opportunities then not much we can do in that situation.

In what way are they superior?
Cleaner with ball, less clangers,
Obviously physically they aren’t but they were a lot better than what aarts, castagna and mcintosh has been recently

Maccas kicking in last few games has been a full liability

I’ll sacrifice a bit of hardness and fitness for 50% better skills and decision making every time at this stage

Our fwd line isn't exactly bursting with the fountain of youth either.lol
While its abit of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I'd rather back our mids to get the ball fwd more times than the other way.
But our whole dominance was built off losing the initial clearance but winning it back off the half back line and rebounding.

But our whole dominance was built off losing the initial clearance but winning it back off the half back line and rebounding.
Like Pagans paddock and numerous other game plans,Dimmas defence lines would eventually be breached.
Took 4 wonderful years though 🙂

Anyone still against getting Mitchell?
Does what has lacked so much in our midfield this year. Wins the ball and gets clearances

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm against getting him. Depending on price. He is what...28? What would you have to pay to get him in terms of salary cost and picks? Fills a need but wouldn't give up a decent pick for him. Rather get a FA....or keep the picks and draft a young bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back