• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 45: Hugo Ralphsmith

• 49: Maurice Rioli Jnr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Rioli 24 touches @ 83% including 5 intercepts. The move to half back has breathed life back into his career

Him (possibly) becoming Houli’s replacement is the most left field sh*t I ever could have imagined however Dimma may have killed two birds with one stone here
Yes. Genius move by Dimma and coaching assistants.
Like when he brought in Jack G late in 2017.

Watched the mini replay on Foxtel , from half time was a noticeable increase in our fanatical pressure around the ball, as dimma oft refers when there’s lots of Richmond jumpers on the screen we re doing ok,,,,then a stat was highlighted that the astute would have noted, during 3rd Q we had 13 F50 tackles , that’s generally a good result for a match let alone 30min
We play the season out like that , the results will take care of themselves

they do it all the time. Changed the rushed behind rule because of Hawthorn. A rule that’s probably been around for 100 years got changed because one team used it differently in a grand final.

they can’t help themselves. Only interested in the sport as a product and do not give a flying fu** about it as an indigenous sporting code

What about that time Joel Bowen walked the ball over the line when we had a slim lead and a minute to go.

Gimps had to change that rule as well.

they do it all the time. Changed the rushed behind rule because of Hawthorn. A rule that’s probably been around for 100 years got changed because one team used it differently in a grand final.

they can’t help themselves. Only interested in the sport as a product and do not give a flying fu** about it as an indigenous sporting code
correct there have been lots of small changes like that, around rushed behinds, rucks etc.

but the 'Stand' rule is a fundamental change to the structure of the game which affects nearly every passage of play.

totally agree after this disgraceful episode that it is an entertainment product, manipulated outcome

Sorry. Didn't realise you needed even smaller points.
The mask reduced the aerosols while they were generating a lot of them.
In your analogy you're the idiot saying 'if I don't have to wear a condom when I'm kissing, why do I have to during penetration.'
Smaller points ? How small is your brain? These guys are hugging and shouting at each other in close quarters afterwards with no mask producing those oh so dangerous many aerosols you are afraid of anyways how dumb are you , were you actually dropped as a kid or something lol

10 seconds of so or the song and the rest is 2 hours shouting screaming sweating hugging and touching each other anyways, you've got to be an idiot to not realize it's just for show

What are you quoting lol get some help , stop worshipping your hero chairman dan and wake up

Trying to make sense of mask rules is folly. While there may be some science behind it, the inconsistency in the ways rules are applied are maddening. It's clearly optics. These guys are meant to be living within bio-bubbles so let them stay in that bubble - no masks.
Yep definitely for optics i agree though even though in the same said optics the masks were removed anyways and also not worn the way the covid freaks want it

Though some on here think it's for the 10 or so seconds of DANGER that singing the song brings looool and that 4 hours of touching sweating , hugging , shouting etc isn't theoretically more dangerous than those 10 seconds

thank you! Was meaning to transcribe that little snippet.

first only the Herald-Sun came out with this, but now a few little cracks appear in the AFL media wall of silence as to what went on post-season last year.

The very fact that AFL admin should feel the need to 'combat' any club just puts the whole competition's integrity in question.

Still amazed no serious journalist is bringing this issue to light.
the competition was compromised and should of been cancelled for the rest of the year the moment they forced Toby Greene and Callum Mills to withdraw
1hr before the GWS v Swans game...that there was pure manipulation and interference from the AFL

What is really concerning in this is Dimma comments highlights that he is dinosauring it. That is, trying to hold onto a gamestyle that no longer work for the rules as they are now, rather than changing personnel and tactics to find the best advantage from the rules as they stand this year.
EGO,and unfortunately its cost the team and robbed some new players of a deserved chance at senior level

the competition was compromised and should of been cancelled for the rest of the year the moment they forced Toby Greene and Callum Mills to withdraw
1hr before the GWS v Swans game...that there was pure manipulation and interference from the AFL
As if that would ever happen cancel the entire competition on account of a couple a players being unavailable no different to a player withdrawing prior to game with a tight hammy , ridiculous remark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to make sense of mask rules is folly. While there may be some science behind it, the inconsistency in the ways rules are applied are maddening. It's clearly optics. These guys are meant to be living within bio-bubbles so let them stay in that bubble - no masks.
Agree that it is certainly a mix of optics, role modelling, science and politics with the AFL getting exemptions to keep playing

As if that would ever happen cancel the entire competition on account of a couple a players being unavailable no different to a player withdrawing prior to game with a tight hammy , ridiculous remark
Difference is the AFL alleged what on Mills & Greene ? were they proven to be sick ? they forced 2 fit and healthy players to withdraw,what dont you understand ? the emphasis being on FORCED....they were well n truly available to play...dont talk s**t

That role was fine when we were winning but stubbonly insisting that he is playing a role that is clearly not working anymore.

We have good players in the middle and forward line so the question is who decision is the dysfunctional mess we see every week.
Yes, I am not buying into this “he is playing a role” stuff either.

It’s either that Lynch is in bad form, is coached really poorly, or is told to play a role that does not get the best out of him.

It’s one of them in my opinion because this isn’t how I imagined our primary key forward playing when we recruited him. That role-playing spin works when we are in the top 4, but not when we’re one of the worst offensive sides in the league at the moment.

Season over guys. No way bombers don't flog suns and pies. Steal our coaches and style then our finals place too, fu** em :(
It wasn’t Essendon’s spot we were gunning for anyway IMO. It is West Coast’s spot. If we win all of our games and West Coast lose to 2/3 of Melbourne, Fremantle and Brisbane, then we’ll probably make the 8 on percentage. Well, provided that Fremantle lose today that is.

Unlike Essendon, West Coast have been in pretty bad form so that’s more plausible than Essendon losing one of their remaining games in my opinion.

Not sure why ther s a knock on his disposal. I saw him hit 3 or 4 lace out passes in general play in the second half and only one that didn't hit a target. I think sometimes there's a knock on a player that's perceived rather than earned. He often kicks at full pace or under pressure and players hack kicks forward sometimes. I think when he's composed his kicking is fine. If there's a problem it's his goal kicking where for some reason he's leaning back on impact rather than kicking through the ball like he does with his natural style.

Maybe someone has a stat that says his d/e is bad but it would be a small sample size so far.

What has been a positive, is that he's elusive, very strong at winning the ball and he brings others onto the game. Really like how he hits the ball at pace and tackles hard. He's earning a rookie spot at least. Only 25.

The disposal knock is in some regards a continuation of the criticism he got at the Saints. Being described as having 'hit and miss' disposal is better than being described as a 'butcher' - I don't think he belongs in the latter category. Some of his field kicking was really good yesterday.

Reminds me a fair bit of Georgie when he kicks for goal - more likely to kick something bordering on impossible than slot it from 25m out on no angle...and the set kick will barely sneak through for a point. ;)

Yes, I am not buying into this “he is playing a role” stuff either.

It’s either that Lynch is in bad form, is coached really poorly, or is told to play a role that does not get the best out of him.

It’s one of them in my opinion because this isn’t how I imagined our primary key forward playing when we recruited him. That role-playing spin works when we are in the top 4, but not when we’re one of the worst offensive sides in the league at the moment.

100% well said

Lynch is playing like a bag of s**t the last 2 seasons. The forward coach should be shown the door because if they are telling him to play from behind and bring the ball to ground then that's ****ed. He is a key forward that doesn't kick enough goals. At the start of the season I tough this new rule could be huge for Lynch and could become a goal kicking machine, I was so wrong. Playing 2 good games a season isn't good enough for the wage he is on.
Before I get s**t canned I know he has had knee issues this year so I will cut him some slack but to constantly play from behind and wanting the ball bombed on his head is just bad football smarts and it's on him. I have come to the conclusion that he will never ever be the player I though he was. The other thing that worries me about Lynch is his inability to get any separation from his opponent, he just doesn't work had enough on that part of his game. If Dimma is relying on Lynch to take over from Jack then were are going to be right royally ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back