List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone hung up about getting Andrew’s? Absolutely would have taken him if he was free due to the NGA but looks like he won’t be, I have no idea why we would be trading up to get another Ruck/forward when we have that covered for the next few years at least.

This.

It would’ve been exciting to get him for free but I think everyone started pinning their hopes up on getting him and now he’s likely not coming to us.

As a freebie he would’ve been great but I doubt we’re trying to trade up or trade players to get him now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is everyone hung up about getting Andrew’s? Absolutely would have taken him if he was free due to the NGA but looks like he won’t be, I have no idea why we would be trading up to get another Ruck/forward when we have that covered for the next few years at least.
We have a good young group of players, Petty as young key defender, Jackson as a young ruck, missing a young key forward. Andrews would of been perfect imo for the long term future. But yeah if we miss out we miss out.

If we think Andrew’s is a top 10 talent then it’s still probably worth shuffling some picks around to get pick 19 or 20.

Then we could match a bid and essentially get a top 10 kid for pick 19 or 20.

All depends on where the club have him ranked.

And anyone suggesting that we should trade Brayshaw should carefully reconsider. He’s a key personality in the culture of the group and his family is heavily involved with the club and younger players. He’s played a totally selfless role for a few years now and he’s been nailing it - you don’t go trading out your culture creators in a great side.

If we think Andrew’s is a top 10 talent then it’s still probably worth shuffling some picks around to get pick 19 or 20.

Then we could match a bid and essentially get a top 10 kid for pick 19 or 20.

All depends on where the club have him ranked.

And anyone suggesting that we should trade Brayshaw should carefully reconsider. He’s a key personality in the culture of the group and his family is heavily involved with the club and younger players. He’s played a totally selfless role for a few years now and he’s been nailing it - you don’t go trading out your culture creators in a great side.
That's not how it works, if he goes in the top 20, we cannot match a bid for him. Doesn't matter if we have picks in the top 20. If we want him we have to trade up to where we think we can pick him normally

That's not how it works, if he goes in the top 20, we cannot match a bid for him. Doesn't matter if we have picks in the top 20. If we want him we have to trade up to where we think we can pick him normally
Do we get him to flunk some draft interviews by talking up how much he loves the Dees and wants to play for us after being in the academy?

Do we get him to flunk some draft interviews by talking up how much he loves the Dees and wants to play for us after being in the academy?
Too late, already a well entrenched top 20 pick. Freak athlete with incredible tap work. Who is very similar to Jackson.

Too late, already a well entrenched top 20 pick. Freak athlete with incredible tap work. Who is very similar to Jackson.
Think teams will certainly look how good Jackson has been for us and how we have used him and look at doing something similar with Mac, but he is pretty raw and slight being 70kg and 200cm so a team that has time to let him develop would be best suited.
it’s a shame that the one year we get a decent NGA pick the rules have been changed.

Think teams will certainly look how good Jackson has been for us and how we have used him and look at doing something similar with Mac, but he is pretty raw and slight being 70kg and 200cm so a team that has time to let him develop would be best suited.
it’s a shame that the one year we get a decent NGA pick the rules have been changed.
I actually hope we trade up for him tbh. I think he's worth it. Give him 3-4 years to develop, keep the Gawn and Jackson one two punch rolling until then and then you do it with Jackson and Andrew. In theory it should be a seamless transition. Gawn might still have a couple more years while Andrew plays, in that case Gawn can play as a full forward.

I actually hope we trade up for him tbh. I think he's worth it. Give him 3-4 years to develop, keep the Gawn and Jackson one two punch rolling until then and then you do it with Jackson and Andrew. In theory it should be a seamless transition. Gawn might still have a couple more years while Andrew plays, in that case Gawn can play as a full forward.
I guess it will depends what we have to give up to move up, if we have to get into the top 10 where he is expected to go then might be too much but if he is still on the table on draft night in the mid teens then certainly go for it.

Ah - thanks.

So only way we get a bargain is if he falls to pick 21 and we want to match with our next pick?

Ah - thanks.

So only way we get a bargain is if he falls to pick 21 and we want to match with our next pick?
Yep, though he won't get to pick 21. If we want him we have to trade up.

I reckon we’ve got a pretty handy ‘kid ruck-forward’ in the side at the moment

I think you are thinking too short term.

Yes Jacko. But Gawknee is 29Yrs-8mths as we speak, and it takes some years to grow a 1st ruck or tall full-forward. We happen to have one presenting right in front of us atmo.

I'm starting to think Cerra might be 'too-hard-basket'... and think mAndrew is here now, and fate is saying to us, choose carefully.

tMc is shot physically, his leap has gone, slow to accelerate, and slow off the turn, failing repeatedly to gain space on his opponents.
tMc turns 29Yrs old next week.

Jacko will need a future partner in the ruck, and also at deep forward. Or down back as the case may be. Mac Andrew has the agility to match Jacko, and the mental ability to play forward, or back.
They would make a dynamic duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, though he won't get to pick 21. If we want him we have to trade up.
Yes, and we've done just that many times, recently.
And we should again.

Our young midfielder group are all showing their strong development, and Imo, Sparrow has plenty of upside yet to come. He is a definite 'keep'!
As is Jordon, Rivers, Spargo... to me they're untouchables.

I'd say tMc, Hunt, Harmes, Baker, are all options to test the trade-waters.

We might be able to pickup more points, come end of season, helping us to trade up into this draft.

Because they take years to grow and develop into a ruck. Probably 3 years Min'. And Gawknee has approx 3 Yrs left in him, so the time is now.

Get him to get caught driving without a licence. Our supporters ought to straiten things out without too much fuss.
Or maybe he gets into some fisticuffs on the street. And need 'Reach' to help him out.

My goodness there’s some weird desperation to get Andrews. Just cos he was at one point a freebie doesn’t mean we need him desperately. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No not desperately... but we'll need bookends in a couple of seasons, and if a ruck comes within the same package, then let us have it. A tall who can play back or forward, and ruck, is just where we are thinnest in the list

Yes, and we've done just that many times, recently.
And we should again.

Our young midfielder group are all showing their strong development, and Imo, Sparrow has plenty of upside yet to come. He is a definite 'keep'!
As is Jordon, Rivers, Spargo... to me they're untouchables.

I'd say tMc, Hunt, Harmes, Baker, are all options to test the trade-waters.

We might be able to pickup more points, come end of season, helping us to trade up into this draft.
Yeah, the team is obviously set up pretty well so we can look long term. Brown and Tmac aren't that young and we'll need another tall to partner Jacko once Gawn starts slowing down.

Yeah, the team is obviously set up pretty well so we can look long term. Brown and Tmac aren't that young and we'll need another tall to partner Jacko once Gawn starts slowing down.
And it might happen much faster than we all hope for. We all saw Levers hyper extension last night. Similar can happen to anyone anytime. see May last night. Injuries happen, and even tho we might be lucky with May and lever last night, Tomlinson is proof of what might be.

We are fairly well off in Mids currently; sure we could add speed inside, but IMO, we are thinnest in key positions. Talls.

Both Geelong and the Hawks are proof of what patching up holes brings the team list and club to.

We do recruit awesome ruck/forwards though.

Speaking of which, I’m looking forward to seeing Stefan Martin out there tonight. I’ve always liked him.

We do recruit awesome ruck/forwards though.

Speaking of which, I’m looking forward to seeing Stefan Martin out there tonight. I’ve always liked him.
Odd thing about SME is he's a genius with degrees in science and law, but going off his social media is still good mates with Matty "5G conspiracies" Bate.

Odd thing about SME is he's a genius with degrees in science and law, but going off his social media is still good mates with Matty "5G conspiracies" Bate.
Having a mate who is a conspiracy theorist doesn't make you unintelligent

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Supermercado and the last dance of the SME

Hope he has a very good day in a massive loss. All these years later I'm satisfied that dumping him eventually led to Gawn kicking goals out of his arse in a Prelim so it was a good decision. Thank you Mark Neeld xo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back