List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why even bother to ask the question ?
just read your own board pick #38 or walk him to the draft appears to be the theme from your sh!t stain of a club

Tassie board is a disgrace
Whoa there I’m obviously across what my board is saying . Just raising the question, to see what you guys value him at , I don’t think “walking him to the draft” is gonna happen but I was trying to get some discussion without all the bluster and s**t

I don't see why 20 would be overs considering that is where about we drafted him and he's had 4 yrs development at the best club of the last 4 yrs as well?

Put on that we don't want him to go .... it is the basement i would look at - and if you start referring to his games to date i'd remind you of the team he's been playing in and also the multi year offers that are currently before him.
I think that was in regard to the comments on weid

Yeah that's a fair point, I should point out that I think 20 is probably overs for him as well, but there might be an extra pick or something that could be chucked back our way potentially. Going to be interesting to see what we do, we have an absolute glut of picks, especially if this CCJ trade takes place, I wouldn't be against us splitting them up and trading for a few picks in next year's draft too.
Think it'd have to be pick 20 as a starting point! Happy to throw back GCs(?) 3rd rounder as a sweetener! Any less and we might as well let him go for free.

On CPH2207 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whoa there I’m obviously across what my board is saying . Just raising the question, to see what you guys value him at , I don’t think “walking him to the draft” is gonna happen but I was trying to get some discussion without all the bluster and sh*t
Dude what do you expect when you waltz in saying you dont believe pick 20 is worth it

Your club has danced and convinced a 21 year old RUCK that he is better off their and offered him 4/5 year deal at $450k
Cj was pick 20 with 4 years development and played 8 games this year but could have been a premiership player if not suspended

Very highly rated at Richmond and offered a contract after investing pick #20 . And you say he is not worth 20. Get real
have a look at the Larkey comparisons at the same age. would you think 20 would have been too much for him ?

Now go read the crap on your sh!t stain of a clubs board

Hi, I come in peace!

I am not all in on the CCJ move as reported particularly for 5 years , I think it’s a risk.

I am just really interested what you think is an appropriate deal (please don’t say pick 1 I think we all know that’s not happening, but I also don’t think “walking him to the psd” will happen either).

from the little I’ve read here I would think opinion is mixed on him. Sure he’s behind Lynch and Jack but of the sample size I’ve seen he probably projects to a 2nd tall ceiling (best case scenario).

Personally I’m not keen to lose pick 20, not that he’s not worth that, I just think we should not pursue the deal if that’s the price. We could draft a VanRooyen, Williams type in that range and it won’t cost $2m over 5?years.

Where do you guys see yourselves, hard to get a read on your end of season due to injuries? Would a package of picks be preferable or players thrown in. I did see someone say TT , now that is unlikely.

but let’s say both parties shelve the machismo and figure out what seems like a deal we all would be content with.

Was he behind Chol in the pecking order or was that more team fit?
Think Chol got the nod ahead for a number of reasons firstly that suspension really hurt him early in the season, meant Chol got the first crack at the job and was serviceable enough to keep him in the side
Along with the age gap as well with CCJ only being 21 he’s still developing where Chol is 25 so he’s just got that more mature body

Pick wise it’s extremely difficult to say my heart wants a first rounder with pick 20 being around the mark he’s extremely talented and could potentially be a great CHF similar to Lynch or as you mentioned a 2nd ruck who can play as a 2nd forward

Realistically a 2nd rounder probably gets the trade across the line or even that pick 20 but we swing you back a early 3rd rounder in return

Think Chol got the nod ahead for a number of reasons firstly that suspension really hurt him early in the season, meant Chol got the first crack at the job and was serviceable enough to keep him in the side
Along with the age gap as well with CCJ only being 21 he’s still developing wheel Chol is 25 so he’s just got that more mature body

Pick wise it’s extremely difficult to say my heart wants a first rounder with pick 20 being around the mark he’s extremely talented and could potentially be a great CHF similar to Lynch or as you mentioned a 2nd ruck who can play as a 2nd forward

Realistically a 2nd rounder probably gets the trade across the line or even that pick 20 but we swing you back a early 3rd rounder in return
I think deep down 20 will be involved in some way I just really had my heart set on one of the WA talls projected in that area😄

Maybe go read their board and see how many friends you would like to make there
Dude I get you, 90% of it is bravado. It’s the BF way

Dude what do you expect when you waltz in saying you dont believe pick 20 is worth it

Your club has danced and convinced a 21 year old RUCK that he is better off their and offered him 4/5 year deal at $450k
Cj was pick 20 with 4 years development and played 8 games this year but could have been a premiership player if not suspended

Very highly rated at Richmond and offered a contract after investing pick #20 . And you say he is not worth 20. Get real
have a look at the Larkey comparisons at the same age. would you think 20 would have been too much for him ?

I imagine you were of the same opinion when you recruited Nankervis?

I literally said I didn’t want to lose 20 “not because he’s not worth it” but because we could draft someone in that range on potential and we didn’t need a long term contract

I’m trying to say he’s probably worth it but there would be a safer alternative (in terms of contract) not sue if that clears that up)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, I come in peace!

I am not all in on the CCJ move as reported particularly for 5 years , I think it’s a risk.

I am just really interested what you think is an appropriate deal (please don’t say pick 1 I think we all know that’s not happening, but I also don’t think “walking him to the psd” will happen either).

from the little I’ve read here I would think opinion is mixed on him. Sure he’s behind Lynch and Jack but of the sample size I’ve seen he probably projects to a 2nd tall ceiling (best case scenario).

Personally I’m not keen to lose pick 20, not that he’s not worth that, I just think we should not pursue the deal if that’s the price. We could draft a VanRooyen, Williams type in that range and it won’t cost $2m over 5?years.

Where do you guys see yourselves, hard to get a read on your end of season due to injuries? Would a package of picks be preferable or players thrown in. I did see someone say TT , now that is unlikely.

but let’s say both parties shelve the machismo and figure out what seems like a deal we all would be content with.

CCJ is a very very good contested mark. Decent mover for 200cm+. Likes a bit of agro and is a leader (SA Captain). Can ruck, bot great as yet. He's 'proven' to be AFL quality. Not behind Chol, different to Chol. IN the long term probably (well) ahead of Chol.

So, to answer your question ... he's worth something decent. Typically a proven AFL ruck forward is worth top 20. But given he's played few games that'd drop. Given he's young that rises a bit. I'd reckon that the optimistic side is CCJ is worth something around 15-20. The pessimistic side is he's worth 25-30. He's had development and there is nothing to say he won't be a long term AFL player. So if we got 20 as a straight swap North would be anticipating him to keep developing and be that solid KPF/ruck for many years - and so reckon they've got a bargain. If North are a bit more thinking he's the best available right now and we aren't confident in him then I'd say 20 with something back is fair. (From North's perspective). Given North has offered 4 years you'd guess they are confident in CCJ. So my guess is either straight 20, or 20 with a 3rd back.

But then what do I know? :)

I think that was in regard to the comments on weid
He’s got some good attributes. Nice hands, knows where to find the footy around the goals and can take a contested mark down the line. Not very agile, slimmed down this season which meant he got pushed around in the ruck by the bigger bodies and his kicking for goal is a bit questionable (missed some soda’s at VFL level). He's had 4 years development under the Big Ivan, who is a very good ruck coach. Pick 20 would be a fair value as we drafted him around that number and I don’t think his value has slipped. I think he would be in your best 22.

I think deep down 20 will be involved in some way I just really had my heart set on one of the WA talls projected in that area😄
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for sure and I don’t think anything is a given his value is still based a lot on potential and tall’s are extremely hard to judge

We saw Peter Wright go to essendon for a future 4th who was drafted at pick 8 and as you know Ben Brown essentially went to Melbourne for a 2nd round pick who admittedly was coming off a bad year but before that he was one of the most consistent forwards in the comp and basically a lock for 50 goals a season

I imagine you were of the same opinion when you recruited Nankervis?
Not at all nankervis was drafted late 2nd rounder and traded to richmond for similar and was not required by swans and was on peanuts when he arrived not $450k
and similar to our trading of Butler , Markov etc

I think you will get more value from Cj than Polec maybe you consider that trade when posting

Not at all nankervis was drafted late 2nd rounder and traded to richmond for similar and was not required by swans
and similar to our trading of Butler , Markov etc

I think you will get more value from Cj than Polec maybe you consider that trade when posting
In my defence my Polec for CCJ suggestion was more for comic effect than any basis in seriouslyness 🤪

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for sure and I don’t think anything is a given his value is still based a lot on potential and tall’s are extremely hard to judge

We saw Peter Wright go to essendon for a future 4th who was drafted at pick 8 and as you know Ben Brown essentially went to Melbourne for a 2nd round pick who admittedly was coming off a bad year but before that he was one of the most consistent forwards in the comp and basically a lock for 50 goals a season
Both Brown and Wright were players their clubs didnt want

For the life of me I won’t ever know what caused the schism between us and brown

Hi, I come in peace!

Pick 20 seems to be the middle ground. I personally believe he is worth more than that and to get him for pick 20 would be a good get for north. Given he was originally drafted at 20 in what was probably a stronger draft - I believe this draft is not particularly strong and somewhat compromised.

He has 4 years of development in a good system - he'll be keen to perform has strong leadership qualities, has yet to peak and has proven he can perform at AFL level - he could be a very good AFL player over coming years - RFC have taken all the risk out of drafting a tall ruck/forward - which are very rare and very valuable, we've done all the hard work and absorbed all the risk - to the point where he would be considered a guarenteed good player - the same thing cant be said about any of the tall kids coming through in this draft . So definitely worth at least pick 20.

The only knock on him would be his lack of any semblance of moral fibre - if he does choose north he must be a real dick of a bloke as he owes the RFC big time.

Even so both had shown a lot more than what CCJ have to this point and the clubs trading them would of wanted the best return possible

I literally said I didn’t want to lose 20 “not because he’s not worth it” but because we could draft someone in that range on potential and we didn’t need a long term contract

I’m trying to say he’s probably worth it but there would be a safer alternative (in terms of contract) not sue if that clears that up)
Maybe tell us 'What you do want to lose ?

I dont want to lose $750k so i dont go shopping for a ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back