Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

Actually im not really a hypocrite though as im more concerned about socio economic factors such as home ownership, job security and making the billionaires pay tax than the culture wars of the abc and sky news,, which is far worse in the us which is toxic.

Bit rich of you to be screaming hypocrite..

So you agree that the rich should pay more tax?

Yet you are attacking someone for wearing a dress that says 'tax the rich'

It's funny. Trump is facing charges for tax evasion and culture warriors are more worried about AOC wearing a pretty dress.

So you agree that the rich should pay more tax?

Yet you are attacking someone for wearing a dress that says 'tax the rich'

It's funny. Trump is facing charges for tax evasion and culture warriors are more worried about AOC wearing a pretty dress.

You're cherry picking and making strawman arguments here.

Its what Andrew bolt does. More evidence that you are a hypocrite.

My point is your both as bad as each other

Maybe the dress needs more info,

Not just 'tax the rich'

Shoulda followed with 'like me and all the other rich people and corporations like Warren Buffet' - read 'I'm not a hypocrite"

That way there's no hypocrisy and she'd have cred, apart from Buffet supporters but no one cares about them.

Unfortunately probably not enough real estate on that dress.

Maybe the dress needs more info,

Not just 'tax the rich'

Shoulda followed with 'like me and all the other rich people and corporations like Warren Buffet' - read 'I'm not a hypocrite"

That way there's no hypocrisy and she'd have cred, apart from Buffet supporters but no one cares about them.

Unfortunately probably not enough real estate on that dress.

Oh she followed it up on social media

Just like everyone triggered by her is doing right now.

Hang on... wait... She didn't even pay for a ticket??? Or the dress (apart from the writing)??
So the people that keep bringing up the $30k are being deliberately misleading.

She was invited, they funded it, and she still stood by her principles, and spoke for her constituents.
And it's got people talking about "tax the rich" more than I think has happened in a very, very long time.

I don't believe there is any legitimate criticism on her for this.
If she'd paid, to pull the stunt, I would have been impressed.
If she'd paid $30k to go, and didn't pull, the stunt. Well first, no one would have heard about it. But also I wouldn't care that much.
If I'd found out that she was going to pull the stunt, but then didn't, because she didn't want to upset or be rude to the people who paid, I would have thought a lot less of her.
Because it would mean she accepted a bribe to drop her principles.

But it's the opposite. They covered it, and she still did it.
The only thing you can call her out on, is being ungracious or disrespectful to the rich. But you'd have to change your position to now defend sensibilities of the elite...

Hang on... wait... She didn't even pay for a ticket??? Or the dress (apart from the writing)??
So the people that keep bringing up the $30k are being deliberately misleading.

She was invited, they funded it, and she still stood by her principles, and spoke for her constituents.
And it's got people talking about "tax the rich" more than I think has happened in a very, very long time.

I don't believe there is any legitimate criticism on her for this.
If she'd paid, to pull the stunt, I would have been impressed.
If she'd paid $30k to go, and didn't pull, the stunt. Well first, no one would have heard about it. But also I wouldn't care that much.
If I'd found out that she was going to pull the stunt, but then didn't, because she didn't want to upset or be rude to the people who paid, I would have thought a lot less of her.
Because it would mean she accepted a bribe to drop her principles.

But it's the opposite. They covered it, and she still did it.
The only thing you can call her out on, is being ungracious or disrespectful to the rich. But you'd have to change your position to now defend sensibilities of the elite...

Yep.

This little episode is all very bizarre :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, I didn't see that coz I'm not on social media (only BF).

In any case having the complete message would've stopped 'everyone' being triggered.

So why are you triggered?

Oh I'm not triggered. It's amusing to engage the right wing culture warriors when they go off on their little snowflake tangents.

Aha, that's inconsistent to your 'everyone' comment, so I guess you're implying that only 'right wing culture warriors with their snowflake tangents' are everyone. Is that correct?

If so what are you then, seeing how you've admitted that you're not part of the everyone?

Everyone that was triggered. Maybe try reading things a bit slower.

Do you find it's a bit weird how they feel so threatened by a 30 year old lady from another country wearing a dress?

My only real issue is that this does nothing to help the people she represents. Just bad judgement on this point.

Oh well.

How so? Would it not be a good thing to tax the rich to give more to the people she represents? I'd like to think so.

Who does she represent? Seems it's not the rich, so it must be everyone else who is not, guess she represents all of us on BF - go AOC!

Well I wasn't and you weren't, so we're not part of the everyone? Isn't AOC part of the everyone? She obviously wasn't triggered.

Can you explain why us three are not part of the everyone?

Everyone that was triggered.

That includes everyone that was triggered. It doesn't include people that were not triggered.

I hope this helps.

Well I wasn't and you weren't, so we're not part of the everyone? Isn't AOC part of the everyone? She obviously wasn't triggered.

Can you explain why us three are not part of the everyone?
I think you've misunderstood the post.
I'll requote the whole thing to help clear it up.
Oh she followed it up on social media

Just like everyone triggered by her is doing right now.

Ghost has said that AOC followed it up on social media, and that all of the people who were triggered by it, were doing the same.

Not that everyone was triggered, but that all the people who were triggered, proceeded to jump on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back