Autopsy Post 2021 Grand Final Western Bulldogs game review, the good the bad and the ugly, come talk about it here!

Remove this Banner Ad

We run out of gas. Simple as that.

We were coming from a mile back after 3 losses on the trot pre finals and after 4 weeks of phenomenal football, we eventually fell in a heap.

Not an excuse for all the poor football, but if you’re blaming certain roles, selection or coaching, you need to go and get ****ed!!

I'd love an injury run next year like the Dees had this year.

Gee they were a great side. Well prepared, well drilled. What a year. They don't come around very often.

As for us, well it's twelve months on, we've gone few weeks deeper, but we still have a ruck nightmare, we still have a grand canyon across the back line - we need an interceptor desperately - and we have defensive question marks over our midfield. Same old same old.

Any team ever been 3 goals up half way through the third then go on to lose by 12 goals in the GF before?

I’m truely jealous of people who can remain positive at times like this.

Great effort to make the GF, but that last 1.5 quarters was down to much more than losing the ruck battle.

Yep, I’ll turn my mind to being proud of the team in a few days time. Right now I’m shattered and embarrassed by the fact my team was almost four goals up half way through the third quarter and lost by over 70 in a f’ing GF

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great effort to make the GF, especially with that finals run in, one game too far perhaps....too many passengers after half time....and that includes Bevo too!

Tim English is really lucky he’s 9 feet tall or he might struggle for a game based on application for the game of Australian Rules Football
The problem is that he isn't a capable ruckman and not really a forward. Maybe adding some size over the summer will help, but I think he's reached his ceiling.

God I hope that performance by Petracca makes Bevo realise that we really need to tag teams stars. Everyone tags Libba these days, we're just about the only team that doesn't do a hard tag on anyone.
We do occasionally, ironically Libba's job on Josh Kennedy in the second half of 2016 was really important

Many players struggled tonight, even Keath looked fumbly and uncertain. Bailey Fritz (couldn't remember the spelling) didn't have an opponent all night. Schache, Hannan and Weightman never got near it. Don't get me started on English - just about the poorest game by a 'ruckman' I've seen in a final. Libba battled hard but faded, Bont our best, Macrae and Daniel never gave up. Most of the others well beaten.
A great effort to reach this far but we can't carry this many passengers going forward next year.
The deficiencies we've identified for a long time: ruck and key back stood out like beacons tonight.
Onwards and upwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shattered.

We were beaten by the better side. During the year and tonight. Congrats to the Dees.

Thanks to our team for the beautiful roller coaster ride of the year. At times it was all we had.

I can’t say much more. Sometimes in life you win and sometimes you get banged up.

See you later. I’m taking a break. Be kind to each other. We are all part of the same family.

Yep, I’ll turn my mind to being proud of the team in a few days time. Right now I’m shattered and embarrassed by the fact my team was almost four goals up half way through the third quarter and lost by over 70 in a f’ing GF

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was an embarrassment, we leaked 14 goals in a row.

If I wasn’t so lazy I’d go out in the dark and take down my flags and bunting in the garden.

I enjoyed watching Caleb Daniel throw big Max Gawn down like a rag doll. Classic.

A lot of players really embarrassed themselves tonight, and have done their reputation as an AFL footballer irreputable damage.

Can see some of them at Deer Park next year.
Garbage. No other team could have got near them tonight.

We ran out of gas after a month on the road.

Team has obvious deficiencies but I'm bloody proud of the fight we showed this month.

Dees deserving winners.

We’ll be back next year. And 2023. And 2024. And 2025. And 2026. And 2027.

I think a Dogs dynasty is about to commence.

This loss will burn, and i hope it does. There are some very fertile years ahead…

How can you say that when the Dees are just as young, better coached and clearly, much much better?

To all the neutrals : sorry we stuffed up

To the trolls and haters : get f’cked we’ll be back .
IM neutral, no need to say sorry, im actually pretty disappointed too, as close members of my family are huge Doggies fans. I cant quite figure out what happened, doggies had all the play till halfway in the third, i felt one more goal u may have broken them. But, sadly, you just kind of stopped, and Dees just lifted hugely, and went on a big roll, they went up bout six gears. Its very disappointing, but you did have a pretty good season, your last few weeks were outstanding. Grand finals are damn hard games to win, heck ive seen my team lose 11 of them and win 2, some by less than kick, like 2018. The Doggies are a very good side, you will be back next season, no doubt of that. Cheers.

The problem is that he isn't a capable ruckman and not really a forward. Maybe adding some size over the summer will help, but I think he's reached his ceiling.

Yeah English is a ruck because he had a massive growth spurt as a teenager, so he's tall but he's not big if that makes sense. He doesn't use his size or throw himself around to impact things.

I’m not a trade English supporter or trade anyone after a loss.. but Jesus.. he just doesn’t seem a big game player. You need to be insanely physical in a grand final, or any final.

Im going to apologise to Tim and everyone else right now, because he’s obviously not the reason we lost.

But Goodwin turned the game when he threw Jackson in the ruck. English is our equivalent and when things get rough he cannot be relied upon. It’s embarrassing how inept some of his efforts are.

He will be a player for us next year, but in 2023 with Naughton, Bruce, JUH, Darcy and hopefully a mature ruck my guess is he’s not playing for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back