NSW Gladys Berejiklian in trouble. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please do explain to me what the point is.

Many have tried and failed in here. I’m not going down that path.

Gladys said she followed the health advice. You clearly believe that despite what the leaked emails from the CHO tell you.

I have some magic beans to sell. It looks like I have found a buyer.

HairyO The Cryptkeeper you are both missing the real issue with this email

its not if its real or not (its real, because its too easy to deny if its fake)

its who leaked it

who in the NSW Govt wants to put the boot into Gladys AFTER she has resigned?

its who leaked it

I have already considered that mate. There will be a few with an axe to grind.

But there is no doubt at all that Gladys was slave to a few masters and that she didn't take the health advice of the CHO.

Many have tried and failed in here. I’m not going down that path.

Gladys said she followed the health advice. You clearly believe that despite what the leaked emails from the CHO tell you.

I have some magic beans to sell. It looks like I have found a buyer.

This is one email. We have no idea what discussions took place after the email was sent. Nor do we know what Chant's opinion was after the email was sent presumably when she would have been involved.

So you believe that Chant stood by and watched Gladys lie every single day when she said that she was following Chant's health advice?

Also, there is an entire health department and there are numerous senior health officials involved - including a Deputy who often gives press conferences. Do we know if they agreed with Chant or had a different opinion?

It feels like people who hate News Corp have read a News Corp article with its limited grasp of the English language and even poorer grasp of facts and then run with it because it suits them.

This is one email. We have no idea what discussions took place after the email was sent. Nor do we know what Chant's opinion was after the email was sent presumably when she would have been involved.

So you believe that Chant stood by and watched Gladys lie every single day when she said that she was following Chant's health advice?

Also, there is an entire health department and there are numerous senior health officials involved - including a Deputy who often gives press conferences. Do we know if they agreed with Chant or had a different opinion?

It feels like people who hate News Corp have read a News Corp article with its limited grasp of the English language and even poorer grasp of facts and then run with it because it suits them.

or the simplest explanation is the best. There is written health advice from the CHO to Grug and Grug did not follow the health advice.

its who leaked it

I suspect Perrottet would have been happy for it to come out. Hazzard not so much. But what was the content of all the other emails/documents/etc? Im assuming it was an FOI request. Are there other emails?

or the simplest explanation is the best one. There is written health advice from the CHO to Grug and Grug did not follow the health advice.

And the emails which followed? Meeting notes? I assume you read them all and didnt just jump at the News Corp headline, right?

Also, if the simplest explanation is true, it ended up working. The vast majority of new cases were popping up in the west and south-west. To lock down an entire city because a part of the city doesnt believe in wearing masks or signing in to stores or staying at home when told to doesnt mean everyone needs to be punished for their selfish stupidity.

The QLD CHO didnt say that she didnt want teenagers dying from the AZ vaccine?

"We have had very few deaths due to COVID-19 in Australia in people under the age of 50 and wouldn't it be terrible that our first 18-year-old in Queensland who dies related to this pandemic, died because of the vaccine."

Or Victoria didnt get extra vaccines in June when there was an outbreak?
She specifically said that in relation to 18-year-olds in a state that didn't have an outbreak at the time, and it was in line with the advice ATAGI had at the time. The advice of ATAGI changed after that, and consequently so did that of the CHO.

Queensland isn't the reason for any surplus AZ though. That came about because we were able to manufacture AZ on Australian shores far earlier, and because Pfizer caused fewer major side effects amongst people under 60.

I suspect Perrottet would have been happy for it to come out. Hazzard not so much. But what was the content of all the other emails/documents/etc? Im assuming it was an FOI request. Are there other emails?

And the emails which followed? Meeting notes? I assume you read them all and didnt just jump at the News Corp headline, right?

Also, if the simplest explanation is true, it ended up working. The vast majority of new cases were popping up in the west and south-west. To lock down an entire city because a part of the city doesnt believe in wearing masks or signing in to stores or staying at home when told to doesnt mean everyone needs to be punished for their selfish stupidity.

ah, the dollar each way argument

How surprising a Liberal government would hit the poor and underprivileged while looking after the rich and entitled. Then lie through their teeth about it. How many lives were lost and unnecessarily impacted? Just inhumane.

E8Choqq.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are only the tabloids and twitter running this story? Havent seen anything on ABC. Maybe there is more to the emails than a sensationalised headline suggests.

the SMH reported their article as an exclusive this morning at 5am. given the below, my guess is they got the leak first:

The August email is among documents released under a parliamentary order highlighting health advice that informed policy decisions during the extended lockdown, which began on June 26.

i cant see the original news article timing, but guessing it was after 5am (i read it on news.com.au, and the original made no mention of a source)

the SMH reported their article as an exclusive this morning at 5am. given the below, my guess is they got the leak first:

The August email is among documents released under a parliamentary order highlighting health advice that informed policy decisions during the extended lockdown, which began on June 26.

i cant see the original news article timing, but guessing it was after 5am (i read it on news.com.au, and the original made no mention of a source)

Jeez, can you imagine the outcry had this been broken by the commies at the ABC?

Aunty can’t win either way. If it doesn’t run the story it never happened. If it does, it’s an ALP stooge.

No leak.

The emails have been released under a parliamentary order ....

https://womensagenda.com.au/latest/...ent-lockdown-measures-overlooked-emails-show/

More we have no idea what discussions took place. All we know is there was an email, but have been provided no other context. Because tabloids dont like context.

we have a very good idea. We have an email. We also have other states that successfully navigated lockdowns. It’s not hard to add it all together.

Grug made a political decision which was not based on the health advice. She just should have said I’ve had health advice but I’m making decisions on other factors.

But she’s such an inveterate liar she couldn’t do it.

Why are only the tabloids and twitter running this story? Havent seen anything on ABC. Maybe there is more to the emails than a sensationalised headline suggests.

ABC generally takes its time on these things for understandable reasons. When they do come around to reporting it, I hope you give it the due weight you are suggesting

odd the SMH considered it an exclusive then (normally you only claim that when you have a source or a quote the others dont)

They probably did get the emails via a leak, months ago, but only now chose to publish the "exclusive"...I noticed that most of the outlets running with the story have called it 'leaked documents'.

ABC generally takes its time on these things for understandable reasons. When they do come around to reporting it, I hope you give it the due weight you are suggesting

ABC is too invested in the 'Gladys the champion of the world' story. ABC Political correspondent (NSW) Ashleigh Raper is one of Gladys' besties, goes to church with her, or something like that.

ABC is too invested in the 'Gladys the champion of the world' story. ABC Political correspondent (NSW) Ashleigh Raper is one of Gladys' besties, goes to church with her, or something like that.

Yeah and Sales gives her a free pass too. But the online stuff generally a bit slower with editorial control. They’ll come around to the blatantly obvious once the initial exchanges are over

Ina sense Gladys got very lucky that the health advice to lockdown would probably not have changed outcome, as demonstrated by the state lockdown in Victoria not controlling delta.
Locking down in Victoria worked the first time but not the second. These things are always going to have an element of chance in them. By not locking down earlier they effectively made what ended up happening a certainty. I wouldn't really be sure that in an alternate universe locking down properly wouldn't have worked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back