NSW Gladys Berejiklian in trouble. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

More we have no idea what discussions took place. All we know is there was an email, but have been provided no other context. Because tabloids dont like context.

This is the same line of thinking that says Gladys wasn't corrupt in her Wagga dealings.

Unless they have an email from Gladys specifically saying she knows it's corrupt, then they're willing to give her a pass.

Underneath, it's a failure to understand how Governance works, which has been a deliberate ploy by conservatives. Nobody even knows how to govern anything (including PMs and Premiers) so when they make mistakes or commit corruption, nobody even knows what doing a proper job of it was even supposed to look like so they're not even sure if it's ok or criminal.

So they ignore Dept advice, throw public money at pet projects of friends, lovers, family, political allies. Conservative voters shrug their shoulders and say "isn't that what's supposed to happen?".

Comes back to what I’ve been saying for a while. These premiers should have never been in a position to make these decisions. We should have had a PM that took control and steered us through the biggest crisis this country has seen since WW2. The lying gutless coward ran and abdicated all responsibility to a bunch of premiers to run the country even though that’s not what we voted them in for. Ffs I don’t remember voting for any of them at the last federal election!!
I think it's ok to leave the state premiers to control various restrictions etc - I don't really see a problem with that division of responsibility. I do however have a problem with leaving everything to state premiers, then blaming them for everything that goes wrong, trying to take credit for any and all successes and constantly sniping at the ones who don't align to your personal political views.

This is the same line of thinking that says Gladys wasn't corrupt in her Wagga dealings.

Unless they have an email from Gladys specifically saying she knows it's corrupt, then they're willing to give her a pass.

Underneath, it's a failure to understand how Governance works, which has been a deliberate ploy by conservatives. Nobody even knows how to govern anything (including PMs and Premiers) so when they make mistakes or commit corruption, nobody even knows what doing a proper job of it was even supposed to look like so they're not even sure if it's ok or criminal.

So they ignore Dept advice, throw public money at pet projects of friends, lovers, family, political allies. Conservative voters shrug their shoulders and say "isn't that what's supposed to happen?".

Pretty sure there was more than one email which triggered ICAC.

Why did News make it a big headline story and the ABC didnt even mention it?

Do you know Gladys ignored Health department advice? All we know is Chant had an opinion which was sent via email. We have no idea whether there was then a discussion and she agreed to go with the approach others were pushing for - we also have no idea who formed the approach which we ended up following. It could well have been proposed by the Deputy CHO and the Health Department signed off on it and Chant ended up agreeing.

Or, she continued to appear on stage next to Gladys while Gladys continued to lie about the health advice. Which is what I assume is being suggested. That Chant is either corrupt or incompetent or gutless or a combination of all 3.

Do you think that about Chant?

Also, do you think left wing governments dont do any of what you say right wing governments do? They dont send taxpayer money the way of their backers or waste money?

Pretty sure there was more than one email which triggered ICAC.

Why did News make it a big headline story and the ABC didnt even mention it?

Do you know Gladys ignored Health department advice? All we know is Chant had an opinion which was sent via email. We have no idea whether there was then a discussion and she agreed to go with the approach others were pushing for - we also have no idea who formed the approach which we ended up following. It could well have been proposed by the Deputy CHO and the Health Department signed off on it and Chant ended up agreeing.

Or, she continued to appear on stage next to Gladys while Gladys continued to lie about the health advice. Which is what I assume is being suggested. That Chant is either corrupt or incompetent or gutless or a combination of all 3.

Do you think that about Chant?

Also, do you think left wing governments dont do any of what you say right wing governments do? They dont send taxpayer money the way of their backers or waste money?

Yes. I remember thinking at the time that Chant was gutless. Any time the questions got too close to the truth, Gladys ended the conference or interjected, even if the question was for Dr Chant.

I still think she's gutless. We'll see what she does in the coming weeks to set the record straight.

And yes, I think the ALP send taxpayer money to their backers. All politicians do it. Local Govts do it the worst with developers. The issue with the LNP is that they send it to a small number of very rich and influential people. I have less of an issue when ALP Govts direct contracts to Union-allied builders (which the LNP scream about), since that money actually flows to workers rather than overseas bank accounts/holding companies.

Yes. I remember thinking at the time that Chant was gutless. Any time the questions got too close to the truth, Gladys ended the conference or interjected, even if the question was for Dr Chant.

I still think she's gutless. We'll see what she does in the coming weeks to set the record straight.

And yes, I think the ALP send taxpayer money to their backers. All politicians do it. Local Govts do it the worst with developers. The issue with the LNP is that they send it to a small number of very rich and influential people. I have less of an issue when ALP Govts direct contracts to Union-allied builders (which the LNP scream about), since that money actually flows to workers rather than overseas bank accounts/holding companies.

So corruption and waste is okay as long as a few thousand benefit rather than a few dozen? Even though both lead to millions being worse off?

Also, I cant see any update to the story about the email on either the SMH or News, and the ABC still hasnt run it. Thoughts as to why it dropped off so quickly?

So corruption and waste is okay as long as a few thousand benefit rather than a few dozen? Even though both lead to millions being worse off?

Also, I cant see any update to the story about the email on either the SMH or News, and the ABC still hasnt run it. Thoughts as to why it dropped off so quickly?

So I was right that there was no update 10 minutes ago, but 9 minutes ago there was :)

I assume Gladys has been told by lawyers or by ICAC not to respond to any questions until ICAC is done.

You'd think the press would go to Hazzard given he is still the Health Minister. Or maybe to Chant herself to ask why she wrote the email and why her advice didnt get followed.

Yep, Chant had plenty of opportunity to say she recommends stricter rules when asked the question but she towed the line and talked rubbish. She is spineless

https://www.facebook.com/mrowlandmp...sCDTgiVk9u-HHFDxxLgJzm03TxYEQbzh&__tn__=<,P-R
Michelle Rowland MP
58m ·

WESTERN SYDNEY DEMANDS ANSWERS ON INCONSISTENT LOCKDOWN REGULATIONS
This morning I wrote to the Premier of NSW, Dominic Perrottet, in the wake of the recent revelations that the NSW Liberal Government has misled the people of Western Sydney.
Yesterday it was revealed that imposing the harshest regulations in NSW only on Western Sydney was not consistent with health advice.
It has been confirmed that NSW Chief Health Officer, Dr Kerry Chant urged the NSW Government not to treat Western Sydney any different from those in the rest of Greater Sydney.
But the NSW Government didn't listen, and they kept this health advice a secret.
So, in this letter I have asked the Premier to explain the decisions of Government in an open and transparent manner.
Western Sydney deserves better. We deserve fairness.

257351608_440533600772649_289356422560275393_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/mrowlandmp?__cft__[0]=AZUE767a6KQBz861k8DVpI7fjC453_kLfdXtEF2S0F7MHooqwtzRDtBAMZAoebShgkXNVAQuYQbaQ3mnLDpmPmVcG-bGdGx3Ld3fggltXOd5NNgJkrbAm5XKsCDTgiVk9u-HHFDxxLgJzm03TxYEQbzh&__tn__=<,P-R
Michelle Rowland MP
58m ·

WESTERN SYDNEY DEMANDS ANSWERS ON INCONSISTENT LOCKDOWN REGULATIONS
This morning I wrote to the Premier of NSW, Dominic Perrottet, in the wake of the recent revelations that the NSW Liberal Government has misled the people of Western Sydney.
Yesterday it was revealed that imposing the harshest regulations in NSW only on Western Sydney was not consistent with health advice.
It has been confirmed that NSW Chief Health Officer, Dr Kerry Chant urged the NSW Government not to treat Western Sydney any different from those in the rest of Greater Sydney.
But the NSW Government didn't listen, and they kept this health advice a secret.
So, in this letter I have asked the Premier to explain the decisions of Government in an open and transparent manner.
Western Sydney deserves better. We deserve fairness.

View attachment 1285728
From the article posted above

Mr Ayres defended the decision to lock down Sydney’s west harder than the rest of the city and said he didn’t want to perpetuate a “victim mentality”.

The muppet that is Ayres is the partner of Marissa Payne. What a complete oxygen thief.

So now we see more coming out. And we can see the content of the email.

The 1st item in the email mentions going even harder with the lockdown in the western and south-western suburbs - where the numbers were escalating. The actual reference to treating all of Sydney equally was for outdoor masks, a consistent 5km rule, and restricting movement to authorised workers only. It didnt mention police patrolling streets, or knocking on doors of houses where 15 cars were parked in the driveway and on the street and finding 50 family members all gathered.

So the actual email seems to be completely different to the tabloid spin from News and the SMH.

I assume it wont change the opinion of many here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 1st item in the email mentions going even harder with the lockdown in the western and south-western suburbs - where the numbers were escalating. The actual reference to treating all of Sydney equally was for outdoor masks, a consistent 5km rule, and restricting movement to authorised workers only. It didnt mention police patrolling streets, or knocking on doors of houses where 15 cars were parked in the driveway and on the street and finding 50 family members all gathered.

So the actual email seems to be completely different to the tabloid spin from News and the SMH.

ParrotBeak doing a Scummo Spin

ParrotBeak doing a Scummo Spin

Did you actually read the email?

Where the 1st item called for tougher action in the western suburbs? Doesnt quite suit the narrative. Also, not surprising that tabloid journalism managed to fool so many here. It is quite humorous, the amount of time you lot seem to spend reading news.com.au articles. Im kind of glad I waited for the ABC.

So Grug still didn’t follow the CHO advice?

My issue is entirely surrounding Gladys lying about it, not the advice itself. She cherrypicked the advice she followed and then issued a blanket daily statement that she was following the health advice, implied to be from the CHO given Dr Chant was standing right next to her. This was a lie, at worst by omission of key details but it was more egregious than that given that lives were quite literally at stake.

Just to be clear on my position.

Did you actually read the email?

Where the 1st item called for tougher action in the western suburbs? Doesnt quite suit the narrative. Also, not surprising that tabloid journalism managed to fool so many here. It is quite humorous, the amount of time you lot seem to spend reading news.com.au articles. Im kind of glad I waited for the ABC.
"That's not health advice, this is a knife"

My issue is entirely surrounding Gladys lying about it, not the advice itself. She cherrypicked the advice she followed and then issued a blanket daily statement that she was following the health advice, implied to be from the CHO given Dr Chant was standing right next to her. This was a lie, at worst by omission of key details but it was more egregious than that given that lives were quite literally at stake.

TBH Chant did the best she could. She had no power like the VIC CHO has. And in all honesty she’s not a politician or a heavy hitter. I always got the “jolly hockey sticks” vibe from her. She was never going to go public if her advice was ignored.

TBF, i'm sure all leaders have cherry picked the CHO advice during covid. None would have followed it to the letter.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

TBF, i'm sure all leaders have cherry picked the CHO advice during covid. None would have followed it to the letter.

She blatantly ignored it, while telling the masses she followed it. My criticism of the CHO is that she should have called it or stepped down. She did neither.

She blatantly ignored it, while telling the masses she followed it. My criticism of the CHO is that she should have called it or stepped down. She did neither.
I agree with all of it and it's piss weak of chant not to speak up when she was directly asked.

So Grug still didn’t follow the CHO advice?

Maybe. Maybe Chant changed her mind. We should wait and see what she says.

I love posts that stuff this in somewhere.

"THIS IS EVIDENCE BUT YOU WON'T ACCEPT IT!!!111!!!"

It wasnt evidence? Yesterday we had tabloid "ZOMG DRAMA" and today we see the actual email and get the context of it.

Maybe. Maybe Chant changed her mind. We should wait and see what she says.

It wasnt evidence? Yesterday we had tabloid "ZOMG DRAMA" and today we see the actual email and get the context of it.

ok so now the CHO has changed her mind.

Didn’t give the health advice
Didn’t give the health advice and it’s a made up media story
Gave the health advice but it’s just an opinion
Gave the health advice but it’s incomplete
Gave the health advice but then changed her mind

maybe the CHO gave health advice and Grug didn’t follow it. You’re choosing a real weird hill to die on. Have you actually considered that happened? Or is your programming that precise that you’ll self-immolate if that thought crosses your mind?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back