NSW Gladys Berejiklian in trouble. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. I remember thinking at the time that Chant was gutless. Any time the questions got too close to the truth, Gladys ended the conference or interjected, even if the question was for Dr Chant.

I still think she's gutless. We'll see what she does in the coming weeks to set the record straight.

And yes, I think the ALP send taxpayer money to their backers. All politicians do it. Local Govts do it the worst with developers. The issue with the LNP is that they send it to a small number of very rich and influential people. I have less of an issue when ALP Govts direct contracts to Union-allied builders (which the LNP scream about), since that money actually flows to workers rather than overseas bank accounts/holding companies.
And she knows she has Victorian blood on her hands.

Also have to remember that this was one email with one opinion. We dont know how many other opinions there were over what period of time.

My part of Sydney has had a couple of COVID cases in total over the last 4 months. Should we have been locked down to the same extent as the areas which had thousands of cases?

Because of science? Or unity? Or so everyone can be the same level of miserable?

The biggest problem was the government didnt go hard on the western suburbs sooner. They waited an entire week with rising cases before bringing in tougher restrictions. It wasnt that parts of Sydney with no cases didnt get locked down. It was tht parts of Sydney with cases didnt get locked down.

And yes, Victoria in theory went harder and earlier and is still struggling with cases far above where NSW was at this time in our outbreak.

So an opinion isnt fact just because it was sent by a scientist.

To go a step further, our current opening up schedule is quicker than the scientists said to do it. We are over 1 month in and there has been no massive spike in cases. There hasnt even been a regular spike in cases.
Why not?

All of perth went into lockdown when we got a case. Then for some completely unknown and unrelated reason the cases petered out.

In a few days.

I suspect Perrottet would have been happy for it to come out. Hazzard not so much. But what was the content of all the other emails/documents/etc? Im assuming it was an FOI request. Are there other emails?

And the emails which followed? Meeting notes? I assume you read them all and didnt just jump at the News Corp headline, right?

Also, if the simplest explanation is true, it ended up working. The vast majority of new cases were popping up in the west and south-west. To lock down an entire city because a part of the city doesnt believe in wearing masks or signing in to stores or staying at home when told to doesnt mean everyone needs to be punished for their selfish stupidity.
Stupidity is not locking the entire city down for a few days as soon as you get one case.

Beats the scomo out of months long lockdowns after the horse has bolted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So corruption and waste is okay as long as a few thousand benefit rather than a few dozen? Even though both lead to millions being worse off?

Also, I cant see any update to the story about the email on either the SMH or News, and the ABC still hasnt run it. Thoughts as to why it dropped off so quickly?
Pretty happy to have a fully funded icac with teeth that stamps out all corruption???

I mean if thats ok with your side of politics?

Hairy….

Hairy????

Helllooooi hairy where’d you dash off to?

Of course, it should. Only government replete with corruption would say otherwise.

LnpjFNS.jpg

I think Matt Doran has set a new standard for lazy journalism that will take a while to be eclipsed.
I read one YouTube comment that went along the lines "John Lennon would never have thrown a tantrum like this".

That person is obviously not much of a Beatles fan.

*, it doesn't take them long to slide out from under their rocks, does it?

Obviously there is zero prospect of a federal ICAC, so they can slither around with impunity.

The reason private conversations were aired was that they showed Ms Berejiklian potentially ignoring corruption and blatantly misusing public money for political gain. The fact that the other party was her boyfriend was irrelevant to the act but relevant to the motivation. The more intimate parts of recordings were not made public but heard in a private session.

Let’s be clear here.

It was Gladys that mixed work and play. It was Gladys that chose to keep the relationship secret rather than manage the conflict of interest transparently. It was Gladys that overruled departmental advice to, instead, award grant money to bolster her partner’s political standing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back