Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 6 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's a trend I've noticed on here, and virtually everywhere. 99% of my discourse on Auspol is criticisms directed at the LNP, but that doesn't stop people coming for my throat if I criticise the Labor Party, no matter how minor the criticism in the grand scheme of things, and seemingly more so than in previous election cycles. A criticism of Labor should not me met with "but Scummo". I hope they wipe the floor with the Coalition at the next election, but the last 4 years of government won't make me forget about things like Labor's offshore detention policy.

It's like the standard of the LNP has dropped so low that any criticism of the Labor Party is less warranted. That's not how it should be, and I'm personally never, ever going to preference the LNP over the ALP, but IMO attitudes like that run the risk of alienating voters.
Me I'm hoping our next government is a Labor minority government with Greens and independents holding the balance of power.

Labor are our best chance of getting rid of the worst Australian government ever, but that doesn't mean I like them or approve of their futile and gutless attempts to walk both sides of the street on climate change etc.

Can't speak for the poster you're quoting, but my view on such matters is that performative Labor shills can and have in the past provded to be ultimately prove harmful to the cause. I think it's also a big part of the reason Donald Trump became President. The elitist attitudes of such shills run the risk of alientating undecided voters. I honestly believe if a decent portion of them would just shut the fu** up, the Labor party would have a better chance of winning the next election.

For the record, I do intend on getting involved in the lead-up to the next election. Not for Labor, but like I said, I hope they wipe the floor with the Coalition.

I think that is my point. I live deep in an inner City Left bubble. Listening to people tsk tsk and whinge about Morrison on their social media gives me the shits. Go out and do something. Even the poor bastards handing out flyers at train stations are actually engaging with people instead of performing the intellectual equivalent of the Human Centipede on line. People think by bitching on twitter they are doing something#

#alive to the irony of bitching about people bitching on social media in a chat group

It was trashed long ago thanks to Ruuudd/Gillard/Ruuudd. Scotty has done the best possible job under horrible circumstances. I'm proud of his efforts, could be worse (hi Boris).
Feel free sometime to support your trolling with some substance.

Anyone can spout ludicrous shit.

I think that is my point. I live deep in an inner City Left bubble. Listening to people tsk tsk and whinge about Morrison on their social media gives me the shits. Go out and do something. Even the poor bastards handing out flyers at train stations are actually engaging with people instead of performing the intellectual equivalent of the Human Centipede on line. People think by bitching on twitter they are doing something#

#alive to the irony of bitching about people bitching on social media in a chat group

May I suggest?

Join one of the "voices of" groups.

Twitter is actually working, that's why Morrison and his Sky buddies keep dissing twitter users.

He’s been pathetic mate, gutless lying coward. He’s not fit to wipe Howard’s ass. Ffs Abbott would have done a better job. He ran like a coward. And most swinging voters like me see it like that. Doesn’t matter how much you polish him up he’s still a lying turd.
Abbott actually held a hose.

Twitter is actually working, that's why Morrison and his Sky buddies keep dissing twitter users.

Its a forum where people can vent and I use it myself for breaking news BUT will it persuade one voter? I doubt it. Its an onanism machine

Its a forum where people can vent and I use it myself for breaking news BUT will it persuade one voter? I doubt it. Its an onanism machine

It gets under their noses, they can't control the narrative there. The more they flip out about it, the more interest it generates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If scotty, the libs, nats and the MSM had their way they would regulate and censor the crap out of the internet.

They know we can pull up their voting records, they know we can just go direct to the MP's and parties and find out policies.

Libs and nats fear the freedoms that the internet gives us and they fear free speech deep down.

I think the libs are scared that if they ditch morrison, potato heads up - i doubt many people would see aussie voldemoort (from wish) as electable
The way things are going Morrison will be in-electable come election time. At best the LNP will be hoping for a minority government with the other conservatives imo.

The way things are going Morrison will be in-electable come election time. At best the LNP will be hoping for a minority government with the other conservatives imo.

Their best bet would be the old switcharoo , just before they call the election replace him with their new gun.....shit they all left with knife wounds in their backs.

Don't cry when ScottMo gets re-elected.

I won't cry IF by some strange occurrence that he loses.

I recommend you enjoy the dying days of this pathetic Morrison government because it is over.

His own MP's have zero respect for him. Only the completely rusted on and delusional beyond help are sticking with him. And they are having more than a few showers a day.

Whether people like it or not it’s here for a while yet. It’ll turn a few voters now but long term imo it plus other SM sites are the future of the populations news intake. We’re just going through the transition process. Older people would have said the same about tv “it won’t last, it’s only for the short term thinkers, I’ll never give up my wireless. And then people moved on. Same for newspaper. Most that read that are the boomers but it’ll disappear. It’s just evolution. The LNP better get used to it because we will never go back to “the good old days”.

Like I’ve said. He’s done.

I recommend you enjoy the dying days of this pathetic Morrison government because it is over.

His own MP's have zero respect for him. Only the completely rusted on and delusional beyond help are sticking with him. And they are having more than a few showers a day.

Aren't they at something like 48%, tracking similar to last election. A lot of time for the ALP to shoot themselves in the foot again when the Greens start threatening inner-city former-safe-seats with ALP heavyweights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back