The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two wrongs don’t make a right. Should never lower yourself to a lesser standard.
Well the *en high road's got us 8 years in opposition. * shrugs *

You're more than welcome to take it but don't even think about telling me to.

The Liberals aren't condemnatory, even bystanders, they are players. Dirty Rupe and his band of fawning faux journos are complicit.

Our national leader who noted protesters at the march for justice last year were not “met with bullets”, who has supported a tailored political narrative against the Andrews government, has offered little to quell this fracturing environment. Josh Frydenberg, Victoria's preeminent liberal, and blokes like David Davis and Bernie Finn, instead of totally distancing themselves, couch their condemnation behind cheap shots and mingle with the punters on the steps.

Choosing to play politics in a pandemic, in fervent opposition to all things Andrews government, the incessant Murdoch led media barrage has provided the connective tissue between the mainstream and the fringe, flirting with the misinformation, and validating its acolytes, giving politicians an option to stir the cauldron, and enamouring the conspiracy theorists, legitimising their views by allowing it a wink and a nod on prime time. The incredible gravity of this consolidated misinformation, the way it sits like a solid foundation for the fanciful to dream big on Qanon related conspiracy, trickles down through our society down into the little spaceships in our hands, on our laps, nebulising our brains into endless individual streams.

CJioKtW.jpg

Well, you could understand the Rhinehart's and Palmer's et al voting for neoliberals because the reactionaries serve their greedy, selfish, plutocratic needs extremely well. Hard to fathom why the average punter, whose interests are antithetical to those perpetrating those acts, would vote for them though. Disinterest, obtuseness, easily conned.......... The plutocracy must have a whale of a time guffawing at the utter senselessness and gullibility of those they piss on from a great height but who still vote for their peeps.

Who would knowingly vote for a government that promotes wanton cruelty to welfare recipients, continues to sell our public service functions to multinational contractors, picks fights with emerging superpowers, treats our money as their own, refuses to regulate the behaviour of our representatives, embarrasses us on international obligations and is prepared to let the planet burn for the sake of political preferment? With their Trumpian idea of limiting the vote, they are putting lead in the Labor Party’s saddle bags. So who in their right mind would vote for a repressive, authoritarian government which has failed for more than eight years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, you could understand the Rhinehart's and Palmer's et al voting for neoliberals because the reactionaries serve their greedy, selfish, plutocratic needs extremely well. Hard to fathom why the average punter, whose interests are antithetical to those perpetrating those acts, would vote for them though. Disinterest, obtuseness, easily conned.......... The plutocracy must have a whale of a time guffawing at the utter senselessness and gullibility of those they piss on from a great height but who still vote for their peeps.

Great article.

Simply, Australia has it too good.

As a result we don’t really care enough about anything - so we get the empty suit we deserve.

More LNP nutters being exposed:

An Australian government senator has shared content from an anti-vaccination leader who previously called for the execution of Jacinda Ardern, while posting a deluge of stories from other people about vaccine side-effects he admits he can’t verify.

Queensland Liberal party senator Gerard Rennick has seen his Facebook following explode by more than 500% in the past three months since he began sharing testimonials of people claiming to have suffered severe side-effects after receiving Covid-19 vaccines.

Delivered without context and in most cases without the person’s full name, the posts include the claims of people who say they developed severe conditions not linked to any known vaccine side-effect, including appendicitis, a stutter, and severe neurological conditions.

Many of the claims shared by Rennick are disputed by expert medical bodies such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration. In a number of cases the person whose story the Liberal senator shared reveals a pre-existing vaccine hesitancy or aversion.

The upcoming elections are probably the first time since I have been allowed to vote whereby the liberals are not guaranteed my vote.

COVID isn't even my top priority anymore, neither is Climate Change nor Submarine deals, Housing Prices are. Neither Federals nor State liberals have made mention of the housing crisis and how they intend to address it over coming generations to ensure affordable housing. I mean i guess that tells me everything I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back