The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good question. My first thought was Payne but she's in the Senate. Then I thought Birmingham. He's a supercilious prick but they use him a lot as their spokesperson. But he's in the Senate too. So the cupboard is quite bare. They like extreme right-wingers and Hastie is apparently the rising star so maybe him, who I wouldn't mind cos I believe he'd be a calamity.
First hand experience of Hastie is he’d be useless in debating another party politician. The blokes as thick as a brick. Hastie is a joke as far as I’m concerned

It's a good question. My first thought was Payne but she's in the Senate. Then I thought Birmingham. He's a supercilious prick but they use him a lot as their spokesperson. But he's in the Senate too. So the cupboard is quite bare. They like extreme right-wingers and Hastie is apparently the rising star so maybe him, who I wouldn't mind cos I believe he'd be a calamity.
Hopefully the liberal party gets gutted with losses and the moderates can take back over

joshy

Or they'll lose the middle completely.

I knew dutton was toxic back during the Turnbull spill, Robbo on afl360 said he shuddered to think what would become of Australia if dutton won.

Robbo doesn't exactly strike me a " woke lefty "
Robbo would be a lefty relative to the current political spectrum in parliament (alp included)
And the question was if josh and Dutton also lost. It could be see who’s left and draw a name from a hat or play Rock Paper Scissors

Hard to think of an option. Even if she wasn't in the senate, Payne has no presence and no leadership - dfat and defence staff struggled to remember she was/is their minister and anything she approved, she never followed up on so if the senior fat cats didnt agree they just did the opposite.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to think of an option. Even if she wasn't in the senate, Payne has no presence and no leadership - dfat and defence staff struggled to remember she was/is their minister and anything she approved, she never followed up on so if the senior fat cats didnt agree they just did the opposite.

looking at the pendulum, and just going by safest liberal nsw seat that isn't scomo, would be alex hawke (if gets through preselection) or paul fletcher.

Cathy hits the mark again. Women are going to change the direction of politics. Go, ladies.

Muu9TEG.jpg

First hand experience of Hastie is he’d be useless in debating another party politician. The blokes as thick as a brick. Hastie is a joke as far as I’m concerned
Have had the same experience. The Libs love SAS vets almost as much as Kerry. Just about every officer has been asked to stand for pre-selection

Agree she's been poor in her portfolios. However, she does have a presence, speaks well and in a measured way. When it comes to leadership the Libs cupboard is bare. Can't readily think of a better immediate option should the disaster that is our treasurer get his just deserts. Of course, being in the Senate excludes her. Unless they find her a lower house seat.

Agree she's been poor in her portfolios. However, she does have a presence, speaks well and in a measured way. When it comes to leadership the Libs cupboard is bare. Can't readily think of a better immediate option should the disaster that is our treasurer get his just deserts. Of course, being in the Senate excludes her. Unless they find her a lower house seat.
They're having enough trouble finding lower house seats in NSW for the present raft of incompetents and crooks without squeezing another one in.

Hopefully the liberal party gets gutted with losses and the moderates can take back over
Lots of powerful influential hard rightists in and outside the reactionaries. My betting would be on them crucifying the leadership and not the policy direction should when they get done like dinners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're having enough trouble finding lower house seats in NSW for the present raft of incompetents and crooks without squeezing another one in.
Isn't that more to do with factional fights? Usually the overlords just step-in if a decision has to be made on these matters. Anyhoo, she's indicated she's happy being one of the unrepresentative swill.

The 3 major reasons for border force existing

1 - to appease the petulant children on the far right of the libs so they wouldn't knife Turnbull ( SPOILER - they knifed him anyway )
2 - So the petulant children on the far right of the libs can wave their dicks in Labors faces daily over " stopping the boats "
3 - Busting non-anglos for illegal tobacco

Notice no " KEEPING KILLER VIRUSES OUT OF AUSTRALIA " on that list ??........

fu** off
Saw ya's all along you mutts

Did Border Force have a gig in the latest illegal tobacco grab, with or without non-anglos?

More than 250,000 kilograms of illicit tobacco has been found and destroyed in southern New South Wales.

Key points:​

• A large illegal tobacco crop has been destroyed in southern NSW
  • It has been illegal to grow tobacco in Australia for more than a decade
  • Anyone who suspects tobacco is being grown or manufactured illegally can report it to the ATO
In 2019-20, it was estimated illicit tobacco costs the community $909 million in lost excise revenue each year.

Isn't that more to do with factional fights? Usually the overlords just step-in if a decision has to be made on these matters. Anyhoo, she's indicated she's happy being one of the unrepresentative swill.

Shame about the train strike - the only winner is the Libs in their battle with the Simon 200 independents. 'Blame the Unions' is a familiar call in these seats.

Albo needs being shot in the foot like ScoMo needs another day in the House.

Shame about the train strike - the only winner is the Libs in their battle with the Simon 200 independents. 'Blame the Unions' is a familiar call in these seats.

Albo needs being shot in the foot like ScoMo needs another day in the House.
The strike caused by management shut down? When the actual strike was still going to have trains run? That is a funny definition of strike when bosses shut down the business.

The strike caused by management shut down? When the actual strike was still going to have trains run? That is a funny definition of strike when bosses shut down the business.

Thats what makes you certain its politics at play. It happens in the run up to all elections & this is a transparent example.

The chief of NSW Rail didnt bother running it past the minister at 12.30 a.m, hello, hello .... we should be used to this after 2 years of covid & both sides of politics up to their necks in it.

Faux outrage will get a run by the usual suspects, but how does it play out to the swinging voters that will decide the elections.

Kwality bs 101 from our chief bootlicker

The NSW Rail, Bus and Tram Union said today's decision to abandon the Fair Work case came after the union asked to see the "risk assessment" used to justify the decision to shut down the rail network on Monday.

"The risk assessment hasn't been forthcoming," union state secretary Alex Claassens said.

"But just moments after we issued a subpoena for it, the NSW government dropped all of its claims against the union in the Fair Work Commission."

Thats what makes you certain its politics at play. It happens in the run up to all elections & this is a transparent example.

The chief of NSW Rail didnt bother running it past the minister at 12.30 a.m, hello, hello .... we should be used to this after 2 years of covid & both sides of politics up to their necks in it.

Faux outrage will get a run by the usual suspects, but how does it play out to the swinging voters that will decide the elections.
So do you agree it was not a strike but a shutdown or do you still call it a strike?

Get with the program, thats the term being used. Its at the crux of this tawdry affair by the LNP using NSW.
Sure try & reword it as a dispute, the horse has bolted.
So you are ok with the lie being peddled. That’s not rusted on that’s just plain ignorant you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back