Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

By the time that happens we will have marchbank, Cuningham, Martin, honey, McDonald, stocker and possibly mckay back.

Some of these are not rated externally but we are top four with the second worst injury list. A huge testament to our ‘next man up’ mentality.
McKay has missed one game

All those others are fringe to bottom 6 players

Not sure getting those guys in will be enough to get you a top 4 spot

I'm not having a dig at Carlton. St Kilda will also struggle giving who our double up games are against.

I just think they are a good side but not sure they will still be top 4 once they actually start to come up against quality sides of the competition.

Got to love Gerard and Kingy the media types... Geelong are the gate keepers to the top 4 ! Beat them and you have the earnt a top 4 finish.What dribble is that...

Compare them to our side that has won 3 flags in the last 5 seasons with still a lot of that list in tact whilst having development of Bolton , Baker and Bolton and even Short who missed out in 17. I would argue the Tigers list is in a lot better shape than Geelong but the competition has evolved and there is no doubt that Melbourne and Brisbane have put some space between them and the next lot.

I would argue that anyone from 3-10 are all there about pretty even and majority of any of those match ups you would say is 50 50 whether its Richmond playing Fremantle or Western Bulldogs playing Sydney most of those match ups are 50 50.

Typical Richmond... need their best 22 every game on the field to be any good. This was similar in years they won flags. They fall apart losing a couple of players.

If Tigers had the injuries Carlton currently has, they would be closer to Bottom 4 than Top 4.
You're obviously not serious but I'll take the bait. In the last two of our premiership years we were significantly hit by injuries and it was only through our depth that we won enough games to contend for those flags.

The upside from that period though, was that it allowed us to unearth players and give those who couldn't break into the side a chance. From that period we found Bolton, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Short and Pickett, who are all now regular first 22 players. We also had an opportunity to develop depth including Ross, Dow, Aarts, Biggy, Miller and RCD.

So we're not lacking depth, nor have we been completely reliant on our best players, to win through a season. To win a flag we needed our best players fit and firing but not through a full H&A season.

Carlton have managed to only play 2 sides currently in the top 8 at the moment

A loss to Freo and a win to Richmond in round one

I'll be very surprised if they stay in the top 4 once they start playing decent sides

Your wins so far:-

Freo (12th in Rnd 2)
Tigers (11th in Rnd 3)
Hawks (11th in Rnd 4)
Suns (12th in Rnd 5)
Giants (15th in Rnd 6)
Cats (7th in Rnd 9)

Only Freo & Geelong are in the top 8 as of now.

I would be very surprised if your mob makes top 4 once you start playing decent sides.

#amidoingitright

lol the fk u on about?

u lost because you aren't as good as us.

look at how rounds 2-9 have played out before spouting your bitter nonsense. face facts

I bet my left nut we beat you when we play you again. Full strength with Dusty in you have no chance. You beat a VFL standard midfield due to injuries and you think you’ve done something

You're obviously not serious but I'll take the bait. In the last two of our premiership years we were significantly hit by injuries and it was only through our depth that we won enough games to contend for those flags.

The upside from that period though, was that it allowed us to unearth players and give those who couldn't break into the side a chance. From that period we found Bolton, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Short and Pickett, who are all now regular first 22 players. We also had an opportunity to develop depth including Ross, Dow, Aarts, Biggy, Miller and RCD.

So we're not lacking depth, nor have we been completely reliant on our best players, to win through a season. To win a flag we needed our best players fit and firing but not through a full H&A season.
I am serious and you're in denial if you didn't see it

Yes, you were hit by injuries and drop games left right and centre when you did. Suddently you got them back and were unstoppable again.

Richmond heavily relied and still relies on your best players playing.

Really? Maybe you should look at our recent history which for reason escapes you. Argue on point.
Go and look at the games Richmond dropped between 2018 to 2022.... have a look at the players that were missing in those games.

Once Martin or Cotchin go down, Richmond is 50% worse team. Lose both and they look like bottom 4.

Freo (12th in Rnd 2)
Tigers (11th in Rnd 3)
Hawks (11th in Rnd 4)
Suns (12th in Rnd 5)
Giants (15th in Rnd 6)
Cats (7th in Rnd 9)

I would be very surprised if your mob makes top 4 once you start playing decent sides.

#amidoingitright
Tigers are 8th

So we've played 4 top 8 sides with 3 wins. A loss to Melbourne

And if you read my earlier post I also said I'm not confident on the Saints doing it either.

Obviously I've hit a nerve here with Blues fans. I wouldn't at all be upset to see them prove me wrong (unless they beat us) but what I've said about the Blues playing only 2 top 8 sides is fact.

M opinion that they might struggle when they play better sides is just an opinion.

I bet my left nut we beat you when we play you again. Full strength with Dusty in you have no chance. You beat a VFL standard midfield due to injuries and you think you’ve done something

Well you might beat us, but you did have Martin round 1.

Prestia going down helped turn it in our favour, though we have been winning the midfield battles in most games against most this year, hence why we are currently 7-2.

Tigers are 8th

So we've played 4 top 8 sides with 3 wins. A loss to Melbourne

And if you read my earlier post I also said I'm not confident on the Saints doing it either.

Obviously I've hit a nerve here with Blues fans. I wouldn't at all be upset to see them prove me wrong (unless they beat us) but what I've said about the Blues playing only 2 top 8 sides is fact.

M opinion that they might struggle when they play better sides is just an opinion.

Freo were 12th in Rnd 2 & the Tigers were 11th in Rnd 3.

The only side that you have beaten 'currently' in the top 8 is Geelong.

Currently means nothing. Ladder changes week to week.

Maybe read my post in full context.

Tigers were 11th in Rnd 3 & Freo were 12th in Rnd 2.

The only side that you have beaten 'currently' in the top 8 is Geelong.

Currently means nothing. Ladder changes week to week.

Maybe read my post in full context.
Looking at things from round 3 and 9 are very different though.

Clearly the ladder will change a lot early in the year but the longer it goes on the less it changes.

Will we see changes to the 8?

Possibly we will but it won't be any more than one or 2 in and out from now on I'd imagine and it's a fairly good indication on who are the better sides in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at things from round 3 and 9 are very different though.

Clearly the ladder will change a lot early in the year but the longer it goes on the less it changes.

Will we see changes to the 8?

Possibly we will but it won't be any more than one or 2 in and out from now on I'd imagine and it's a fairly good indication on who are the better sides in the comp.

I think we can both agree that the top 4 (apart from Melbourne and possibly Brisbane) is not set atm and leave it at that.

Go and look at the games Richmond dropped between 2018 to 2022.... have a look at the players that were missing in those games.

Once Martin or Cotchin go down, Richmond is 50% worse team. Lose both and they look like bottom 4.
come on ..... that's pretty uninformed.

Lets see......Edwards - Vlaustin - Grimes - Riewvoldt - Prestia - Bolton - Lambert - Picket - Houli - Short - Lynch - etc

Would argue your point...I see us play every week and twice over sometimes.

We had a pretty average run with injuries in 2020 - 2021 - and parts of 2022. I think its getting the balance right between the stars and the machine. need both to win.

LOL what a ridiculous statement, Blues have played nobody and are probably behind Sydney St Kilda and the dogs when back to full strength, Dockers have been found out a couple of times this season also.
The top 2 is set but its a raffle of about 5 or 6 clubs for 3rd and 4th

Freo (12th in Rnd 2)
Tigers (11th in Rnd 3)
Hawks (11th in Rnd 4)
Suns (12th in Rnd 5)
Giants (15th in Rnd 6)
Cats (7th in Rnd 9)

#amidoingitright
LOL ladder position early is the season is the most idiotic reference anyone can use, simple fact is after 9 rounds we have a better idea with a larger sample size and the saints have beaten 3 of the current top 8 and comfortably beaten the 2 sides you have lost to, while the blues have beaten the team in 8th only.

Richmond are not the team they were, we need 5-6 new players to get a winning spark to take us deep into the finals. I think we found two already and need another 3 or 4.

Beating a team by over 100 points is not easy, let me know when Carlton does it.
Nearly every year you guys get gifted 50 Mtr penalties and then the umps tone it down for the rest of the season. I wouldn't call that a win against us if we're trying to measure form, it's a win technically and the 4 points, and an aboration by the umps.
Are we a top 4 team? only if things change dramatically.
It's round 10. How can you still be so bitter about round 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back