Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Blues v Swans Fri May 20th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see how getting injured gets you off a good booing, especially after Parker's taunts last week, I enjoyed the spectacle of an injured player getting (deservedly) booed
I'm not saying he shouldn't have been booed (I don't know how many times I have to say this), but carrying on with it while he runs off clearly injured is floggish bs.

Riiiigght.

Those condemning the violence are animals, the actual perpretrator was just a little 'over zealous'.

Seems fair and even-handed.
"Those condemning the violence" hahahahahahaahahahahahaahaha

Fair bit of mayo on that one chief.

You can pad all the context around it you like...late, high, deliberate.
Screenshot_20220521-114605_Twitter.jpg
Misses the ball by an inch, maybe two.

Fist goes through the gap and arm collects head.

From a player that has never been suspended before. It's hardly deliberate.

You wouldn't be having this reaction if it were Fisher or O'Brien, but because it's your spiritual leader feel good story Docherty you're over reacting a bit.

Likewise, you can too... booing an injured player is still primitive behaviour.
Also don't forget a prime example of umpire bias awarding another soft free kick to Carlton.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been booed (I don't know how many times I have to say this), but carrying on with it while he runs off clearly injured is floggish bs.
As much as I hate seeing Carlton win, I defend their right to carry on like pork chops after years in the wilderness, that's what footy is all about

As much as I hate seeing Carlton win, I defend their right to carry on like pork chops after years in the wilderness, that's what footy is all about
No disagreements there. I don't have any problems with their carry on otherwise, just don't like an injured player being booed.

And feel free to bookmark this post and hold me to the same standard if the reverse happens in a future Swans game.

View attachment 1405262
Misses the ball by an inch, maybe two.

Fist goes through the gap and arm collects head.

From a player that has never been suspended before. It's hardly deliberate.

You wouldn't be having this reaction if it were Fisher or O'Brien, but because it's your spiritual leader feel good story Docherty you're over reacting a bit.
I'm not over reacting at all...all for making people earn it. But pretending Kennedy was trying to do anything but rattle Doc's brain demeans us both as supporters.

He hit exactly where his eyes were looking in the lead up.

I'm not over reacting at all...all for making people earn it. But pretending Kennedy was trying to do anything but rattle Doc's brain demeans us both as supporters.

If you're going to use his eyes as a justification, that also takes away the excuse that Saad didn't know JPK was injured. All eyes for him, would have seem in grab his hammy and wince clearly in serious pain.

FWIW, I don't have any problem with Saad's response, but you wouldn't want to be hypocritical in your justification, would you?

If you're going to use his eyes as a justification, that also takes away the excuse that Saad didn't know JPK was injured. All eyes for him, would have seem in grab his hammy and wince clearly in serious pain.

FWIW, I don't have any problem with Saad's response, but you wouldn't want to be hypocritical in your justification, would you?
Happy for Saad to fly the flag...he briefly grabbed Kennedy's jumper. Not the Mortal Kombat finishing move many on here made it out to be.

Nothing like a deliberate snipe on a vulnerable player.

So if he didn't get injured it was ok to boo him then?
Yes, the boos in immediate response were fine. Even despite the fact he was injured, that was fine. Using him hobbling off injured to prolong it was overkill IMO.

Not going to bother arguing the point further given I've said this at least half a dozen times now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for Saad to fly the flag...he briefly grabbed Kennedy's jumper. Not the Mortal Kombat finishing move many on here made it out to be.

Nothing like a deliberate snipe on a vulnerable player.
If you're saying Doch was vulnerable due to being unable to protect himself, JPK was even more vulnerable.

If it's because of Doch's history, that's just plain stupid.

Yes, the boos in immediate response were fine. Even despite the fact he was injured, that was fine. Using him hobbling off injured to prolong it was overkill IMO.

Not going to bother arguing the point further given I've said this at least half a dozen times now.
The bigger question is why are you looking to footy crowds for reasonable responses?

If you're saying Doch was vulnerable due to being unable to protect himself, JPK was even more vulnerable.

If it's because of Doch's history, that's just plain stupid.
Any play when one player is going for the ball, and one clearly isn't, leaves the aforementioned in a vulnerable position. Not a difficult concept.

The bigger question is why are you looking to footy crowds for reasonable responses?
Reasonable question.
Any play when one player is going for the ball, and one clearly isn't, leaves the aforementioned in a vulnerable position. Not a difficult concept.
So, I suppose you agree the Blues player driving his knees into McCartin's back and not making any contact with the ball was equally shithouse?

Surely this is Buddy's last year.
He's been good. We were too tall last night but one of Ladhams and Hickey was the problem, not Buddy.

If he wants to go around again, he will.

He has slowed down, game's gone past him and obviously frustrated. Terrible 'attempt'. Without a doubt it was intentional.

He's been good. We were too tall last night but one of Ladhams and Hickey was the problem, not Buddy.

If he wants to go around again, he will.
I think it's time he hung up the boots. Only going to get worse next year. Looks like he has lost plenty of agility. He'll become a liability next season.

So, I suppose you agree the Blues player driving his knees into McCartin's back and not making any contact with the ball was equally shithouse?
Assume you are talking about Durdin, the smallest bloke on the field, who absolutely contacted the ball, spoiled to Fisher who cleared it forward for a goal?

Yeah, I'm OK with that play.

20220521_122252.jpg

Last edited:
Grats to the umpires for a great game. Surely in carltanks best. Totally destroyed the game as a ‘fair’ contest and directly influenced the result. Happens every week. Watch as the media completely ignores this fact in their ‘expert analysis’
I bet this is why North are so bad, the umpires are holding you back.....

Ps, how much did you lose? Or just a Carlton hater because we are everything you are not

Long season mate. Weitering had the +one player and was not convincing. Docherty had a good game but was shaky in the 2nd half. Curnow was terrific and gave Tom McCartin a bath. Let's save it for the AA thread (if it can be saved from that Tigen chap)
Weitering unconvincing? Jesus what the hell was McCartin then? lol

It was a late attempt to spoil. It happens multiple times again, he just unfortunately got him in the head and he'll cop his first(?) suspension for it after being one of the cleanest players the game has seen.

I don't think it's THAT much scummier than the Blues player ramming his knee into McCartin's back and if that Blues player got injured and was booed while running off, I'd also think that was s**t.
Mate watch the reply, he watched Doc the whole time and deliberately belted him

Back