Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Blues v Swans Fri May 20th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The game looked well and truly over for Sydney at half time. Carlton's dominance wasn't reflected on the scoreboard and Sydney looked amateurish.

Second half , releasing Mills from that ludicrous tag, having Kennedy off the field and Campbell in, and a generla midfield pick up, Sydney came close to an pulling off a win.
If the boys hadn't long bombed it into the 50 the last quarter it could have been quite the ending .
I thought Swans fight back was very impressive.
Was also impressed we steadied very well.
We have about 7 of our best 22 out so could not be happier with progress of team in first 10 rounds considering our injury list always been an issue for us this season.
Both teams impressed me they got weapons that can get towards last few weeks of finals series.
Melbourne is the bench mark and Brisbane the most likely opponent of them in grand final but Swans and Carlton could surprise if we have close to our best 22 at that pointy end of the season.

a5dae01774fed7ff99bf33206e0815a0

Who would have thought this week it'd be the Swans wilting under pressure?

Guess there's a bit of Dylan Shiel in all of us.

Long season mate. Weitering had the +one player and was not convincing. Docherty had a good game but was shaky in the 2nd half. Curnow was terrific and gave Tom McCartin a bath. Let's save it for the AA thread (if it can be saved from that Tigen chap)
18 entries into the forward 50 in the last quarter alone - Weitering couldn’t have been any more convincing last night. And in a backline that’s been considerably weakened with injuries and alike.
His best game of the season. Continues buiding towards being the premier key defender in the league.
Docherty had his nose rearranged in the 2nd. Has had a remarkable season - all the more remarkable considering where he has come from.
Curnow similar, pretty much missed 3 seasons of footy, leads the Coleman in his first full season back - Has been even more impressive since McKay went down.
Like a said, karma is a bitch. More so that it makes your poor attempts at trolling look silly within the space of a week.
I enjoy your insights when they aren’t clumsy attempts to troll. You should try to do better.

Last edited:

in fairness it's a lot easier to intimidate the essendon midfield when its full of flanker-sized boys

harder when the opposition is the same size as you (or bigger in the case of cripps)

Long season mate. Weitering had the +one player and was not convincing. Docherty had a good game but was shaky in the 2nd half. Curnow was terrific and gave Tom McCartin a bath. Let's save it for the AA thread (if it can be saved from that Tigen chap)
add hewett to the convo, leading the league in centre clearances, both avg and total!

Lame bait. He and Mills were top two for tackles and they both dragged us into a potential winning position

Also not sure why Carlton fans were booing him for talking s**t to an Essendon player lol 🤷‍♂️

Lame bait. He and Mills were top two for tackles and they both dragged us into a potential winning position

Also not sure why Carlton fans were booing him for talking s**t to an Essendon player lol 🤷‍♂️
Yeah would actually cheer him for giving s**t to the drug cheats.

Perhaps some salty dons* fans slipped into the crowd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"One of the ugliest hits in the modern game" hahahaha what do you consider the modern game? This year?

As I said multiple times, boo the act sure. Continuing to boo the player as he hobbles off injured just makes you look like a massive flog.

Pretty sure this will be JPK's first ever suspension, he's not a dirty player. He was trying to make a contest and was a little bit over-zealous. He didn't king hit him.
I have a huge amount of respect for JPK and hope this isn't the end of him, but he was always going to get booed.

40k Carlton fans up and about witnessing the best quarter of footy we've played in years.

Cheap hit on Doc is the footy equivalent of shooting Bambi. Two knee recos, fought of cancer twice. The crowd was livid, and understandably so.

When the drug cheats are tryna throw barbs it kinda takes away from the celebrations ya know?

Just ignore them mate. Bore into their sorrowful game thread today.

I have a huge amount of respect for JPK and hope this isn't the end of him, but he was always going to get booed.

40k Carlton fans up and about witnessing the best quarter of footy we've played in years.

Cheap hit on Doc is the footy equivalent of shooting Bambi. Two knee recos, fought of cancer twice. The crowd was livid, and understandably so.
Again, literally no problem with booing the act. But carrying on with it when the player is being assisted as he comes off injured 2 minutes later is s**t.

Doch was able to run out the game. Actually a reasonable chance that Kennedy never plays AFL footy again, and would be shithouse if someone who has literally never been a dirty player but got a little bit over-zealous trying to make a contest ends his career getting booed while being assisted off the field.

It didn't come off and looked really s**t, but I daresay it was a result of JPK trying to stand up and make a contest when while were being smashed at the contest. But he didn't have great closing speed at his peak and even more so now, hence it didn't come off.

Again, literally no problem with booing the act. But carrying on with it when the player is being assisted as he comes off injured 2 minutes later is s**t.

Doch was able to run out the game. Actually a reasonable chance that Kennedy never plays AFL footy again, and would be shithouse if someone who has literally never been a dirty player but got a little bit over-zealous trying to make a contest ends his career getting booed while being assisted off the field.

It didn't come off and looked really s**t, but I daresay it was a result of JPK trying to stand up and make a contest when while were being smashed at the contest. But he didn't have great closing speed at his peak and even more so now, hence it didn't come off.

All good to defend him and all, but 'little bit over zealous'?

Hit him late, in the head, with purpose, and likely broke his nose.

Fans booed the ordinary action as they had every right to do...the injury was his own damn fault.

All good to defend him and all, but 'little bit over zealous'?

Hit him late, in the head, with purpose, and likely broke his nose.

Fans booed the ordinary action as they had every right to do...the injury was his own damn fault.
It was a late attempt to spoil. It happens multiple times again, he just unfortunately got him in the head and he'll cop his first(?) suspension for it after being one of the cleanest players the game has seen.

I don't think it's THAT much scummier than the Blues player ramming his knee into McCartin's back and if that Blues player got injured and was booed while running off, I'd also think that was s**t.

It was a late attempt to spoil. It happens multiple times again, he just unfortunately got him in the head and he'll cop his first(?) suspension for it after being one of the cleanest players the game has seen.

I don't think it's THAT much scummier than the Blues player ramming his knee into McCartin's back and if that Blues player got injured and was booed while running off, I'd also think that was s**t.
You can pad all the context around it you like...late, high, deliberate.

You can pad all the context around it you like...late, high, deliberate.
Likewise, you can too... booing an injured player is still primitive behaviour.

Likewise, you can too... booing an injured player is still primitive behaviour.
I don't see how getting injured gets you off a good booing, especially after Parker's taunts last week, I enjoyed the spectacle of an injured player getting (deservedly) booed

Back