Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Hawks v Lions Sun May 22nd 3:20pm EST (University of Tasmania)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t be a flog, you got nursed home, by 5 points, after receiving 36 free kicks and god knows how many 50’s- not to mention Brisbane missing half their spine. But yep rather be Hawthorn 🙄
Stop being a personable and reasonable person…. It doesn’t come from your back pocket at all…don’t be a flog….

Man you lot really don't rate your own team, I thought the Hawks played their best game all season but apparently it's all about 'Haha Brisbane'.

Back your boys in! They beat a great side today, regardless of the umpires.
I'm only "Haha Brisbane" when I see Lions fans being poor losers and blaming umpires

The Hawks were very good today, but we've been pretty good for most of the year. I've enjoyed watching the boys punch above their weight this season and take a few decent scalps. Great win today, but so was the win over Geelong on Easter Monday, and the 10 goal belting of Port in Adelaide.

We've had 3 bad losses which the critics jumped all over, but we've also had 3 losses against Blues, Dees and Tigers when at various stages, it looked like we'd get run over, but the boys fought hard until the final siren and didn't lose by much.

Sure but we’ll take it another way….

The umpiring was horrendous. Has been all season. It’s a blight on the game. Has been all season.

But, Brisbane supporters carrying on like it was a one way conspiracy today is just as horrendous. They kick another goal and I bet there was nothing wrong with the umpiring.

I'm only "Haha Brisbane" when I see Lions fans being poor losers and blaming umpires

The Hawks were very good today, but we've been pretty good for most of the year. I've enjoyed watching the boys punch above their weight this season and take a few decent scalps. Great win today, but so was the win over Geelong on Easter Monday, and the 10 goal belting of Port in Adelaide.

We've had 3 bad losses which the critics jumped all over, but we've also had 3 losses against Blues, Dees and Tigers when at various stages, it looked like we'd get run over, but the boys fought hard until the final siren and didn't lose by much.
I think you can understand general frustration after a game like that, from both sides even in this particular case. Especially in the heat of the moment in a tight contest.

Overall was a good game. Lions could have been a bit better, Sciliy had a day out with no Daniher/McStay and the young Hawks got on top in the midfield. My only gripe is having to go down to Tassie every year. Would love for more MCG or GABBA games against the Hawks. I think we've had our fair share now of Tassie, thanks AFL.

I'd respect you more if you posted this after a Lions win when everyone else was sooking about corrupt umps
Now there is a revelation….if only people recognized the duality of decisions…

I think you can understand general frustration after a game like that, from both sides even in this particular case. Especially in the heat of the moment in a tight contest.

Overall was a good game. Lions could have been a bit better, Sciliy had a day out with no Daniher/McStay and the young Hawks got on top in the midfield. My only gripe is having to go down to Tassie every year. Would love for more MCG or GABBA games against the Hawks. I think we've had our fair share now of Tassie, thanks AFL.

Agree with this. Would be one huge gripe of mine as an ex Fitzroy and now Brisbane supporter based in Melbourne.

Perfect opportunity for the Lions to play in Melbourne in front of their fans. Not great from the AFL.

Did I like what the Lions' brought in patches - yes ... would I have preferred it to be more consistently applied - hell yes!

Did I like what the Hawks brought tonight - absolutely and, like the Crows last week, thought they have a good future coming up. I did think that they brought their game more consistently and on that basis deserved their win.

Did I like what the umpires brought tonight ... I prefer the games where I am unaware of the officiating - this was not one of those times. I know I am biased and see the umpiring through Lions' coloured glasses so I rely on an overwhelming avalanche of neutral posters and a minority of opposition posters all jumping in to bag them to let me know that it wasn't just me/us - so while I was horribly disappointed by the blue team this evening it appears that the shyte was more evenly flung than I was aware and it is up to us to beat not only the team that is wearing the other colours but also whatever brand of offal comes out of our right honourable umpiring fraternity.

In an psuedo-dystopian ideal world the umpires would be well programmed robots who would apply the rules precisely, with out bias, and consistently (the players would adjust quickly) ... in our world the AFL would probably make sure there was a web-update function so they can adjust the programming as required during the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of excuses coming out of Brisbane fans.

The game was poorly umpired, too many freekicks, too many softies but there wasn't a favoured team.

Hawthorn were better, they played the better brand on the day, had lapses where Brisbane took advantage but for the most of the day, Hawthorn were fercious in their attack on the man and the ball.

Brisbane were usually too slow when it came to their ball movement, when they went fast it looked great and it usually resulted in something good, but it didn't happen enough and Hawthorn were awesome in being able to run both ways, setup etc.

Looking at the tracker stats shows how the game went tbh.

242 sprint efforts to 212 in favour of the Hawks.
And
307.5 km ran for Hawthorn as a team, compared to 292.3km

Hawthorn out worked them, used the ball better and were playing fast footy. Also more "attractive" in their style.

Brisbane had key outs but we also lost Day i think in the 3rd term? Lynch late in the game and had Scrimshaw come out of the game just before the game. With Reeves our no1 ruck, Gunston out and our captain.

Also had our first pick from last year out concussed from the week prior who would've came back in.

-
Hawthorn are atm a side who could be close to the 8, but could also slip. Who knows atm, we'll see as the season pans out but especially for a young team, the signs are strong. Brisbane will be fine, get their ins back, get a rocket up their ass and don't return to UTAS.

Hawthorn played wonderfully well.
Good high scoring game.
Lions missed their talls badly

Umpiring was shocking but the home side normally gets a slightly better rub

As an umpire coach to teens i'm agigated/frustrated/infuriated/aggravated with some rules

Why aren't ex umpires like Brett Allen, Stephen McBurney or Hayden Kennedy working for the AFL to train umpires and assist the rulemakers in making the game 1) easier to umpire and 2) better to watch for the fans WHO ARE MOST IMPORTANT

The umpiring was horrendous. Has been all season. It’s a blight on the game. Has been all season.

But, Brisbane supporters carrying on like it was a one way conspiracy today is just as horrendous. They kick another goal and I bet there was nothing wrong with the umpiring.
I have been searching for media commentary on the worst umpiring exhibition I have ever seen. There were two frees from the same umpire which were so unfathomable I had trouble believing I wasn't watching a comedy skit. The light push of the hand into the chest of the Hawks midfielder by Lachie Neale and then the slight little shove in the Lions player's bum as two players disentangled themselves paid as in the back should ensure that moron never umpires another game at any level let alone the AFL.

Alot of excuses coming out of Brisbane fans.

The game was poorly umpired, too many freekicks, too many softies but there wasn't a favoured team.

Hawthorn were better, they played the better brand on the day, had lapses where Brisbane took advantage but for the most of the day, Hawthorn were fercious in their attack on the man and the ball.

Brisbane were usually too slow when it came to their ball movement, when they went fast it looked great and it usually resulted in something good, but it didn't happen enough and Hawthorn were awesome in being able to run both ways, setup etc.

Looking at the tracker stats shows how the game went tbh.

242 sprint efforts to 212 in favour of the Hawks.
And
307.5 km ran for Hawthorn as a team, compared to 292.3km

Hawthorn out worked them, used the ball better and were playing fast footy. Also more "attractive" in their style.

Brisbane had key outs but we also lost Day i think in the 3rd term? Lynch late in the game and had Scrimshaw come out of the game just before the game. With Reeves our no1 ruck, Gunston out and our captain.

Also had our first pick from last year out concussed from the week prior who would've came back in.

-
Hawthorn are atm a side who could be close to the 8, but could also slip. Who knows atm, we'll see as the season pans out but especially for a young team, the signs are strong. Brisbane will be fine, get their ins back, get a rocket up their ass and don't return to UTAS.
Brisbane has had a dream run with injury until very recently so they can shut up on that front. Top teams are supposed to have depth.

1. Hawks not making finals this year
2. Hawks won't be getting a high draft pick either
3. Won a dead rubber game as far as your team is concerned off the back of dubious umpiring

So i will ask, wtf is there to smile about? If you had any class you would be embarrassed winning like that.

Yeah, sucks for a rebuilding side to beat second on the ladder after playing 7 of the top 8 teams over the first 10 weeks.

No worse feeling in footy when your kids play well and you score a 5 point win.

Also crappy that it's the only dubiously umpired game all season. If only there had been more so we could enjoy the victory guilt free.

I played from 5 to 40 yo and have umpired for 4yrs. That may have been the worst officiating I've ever seen. Those umpires, the rules committee and Brad Scott should be sacked on the spot. Apart from that 🙄, was a really GG.

Brisbane has had a dream run with injury until very recently so they can shut up on that front. Top teams are supposed to have depth.
What consitutes as very recently, because we had injury issues last year as well.

19' and 20' we definitely had good runs with injury though but so far 21' and 22' shaping up to be more the standard.

60 free kicks with only 1 in the last 5 minutes and the game went 15 minutes longer than it was supposed to.
To people of both clubs there was something dreadfully wrong with that game in Tassie yesterday.

WHICH EVER COACH CHRIS OR SAM, WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO WONDER WHERE 63 FREES COULD COME FROM?

WHO WERE THE UMPIRES AND WERE THERE NEW BLOKES DOING THE GAME?

BECAUSE ONE SENIOR STARTS LEADING THE OVER KILL.

AND THE REST FOLLOW SUIT.

IT WAS THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN FOR WHISTLE & STOPPAGES ENDLESS STOPPAGES AND FREE KICKS FOR ALMOST NOTHING.

PACK HORROR IN BOTH FORWARD LINES.

Now if those umpires were senior experienced, then what on earth is going on inside the rules and umpiring fraternity what was said in the umpires training rooms this week leading up to the weekend.

How would the AFL feel 3 umpires umpiring like that, in a Grand Final??

They have cotton wooled the sport folks, something needs to change , maybe the AFL needs a cleanout at the game control leve.

It makes me angry not enjoyable.?

What consitutes as very recently, because we had injury issues last year as well.

19' and 20' we definitely had good runs with injury though but so far 21' and 22' shaping up to be more the standard.
We got our two really big blokes out too, McEvoy and Reeves no Gunston either. But a good game terribly unfairly umpired, If nine of Hawks goals came from umpires that is a good reason for Chris Fagan to be angry, but Hawks did come back well, and we got a couple of strange against just like Brissy did.
I got to get off this subject my sport is leaving me. Its depressing.

We got our two really big blokes out too, McEvoy and Reeves no Gunston either. But a good game terribly unfairly umpired, If nine of Hawks goals came from umpires that is a good reason for Chris Fagan to be angry, but Hawks did come back well, and we got a couple of strange against just like Brissy did.
I got to get off this subject my sport is leaving me. Its depressing.
If you’re talking about the Prior free kick the ball was dead there was no reason the Hawks player should have done anything the umpire clearly saw descent in the action Hawks played fantastic football hopefully the game is at the Gabba next year

Back