Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Hawks v Lions Sun May 22nd 3:20pm EST (University of Tasmania)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had 4 away games in 5 weeks and lost by less than a goal to a team who almost beat Melbourne a few weeks ago. Hardly a disaster but if you want to build it up as one then go ahead. Still sitting in 2nd with 7 gabba games to come and only 5 away games.

You will make top 4 easily. The media will pump the tyres as they do each year and come September the weak and shallow midfield will get exposed.

Happens time and time again. Brisbane play beautiful attacking footy but when the chips are down they lack the fight. It's a shame really. Such a fun team to watch that has an excellent forward and backline, completely undone by their midfield.

We're a (likely) bottom 4 side in the midst of a rebuild.

And you got done by one.

Pretenders.

You really aren't helping yourself here.
Don’t be a flog, you got nursed home, by 5 points, after receiving 36 free kicks and god knows how many 50’s- not to mention Brisbane missing half their spine. But yep rather be Hawthorn 🙄

Wow just the Neale one. That is an overzealous Umpire actively looking for a free to pay instead of reacting to an infringement.

Evened up with the push in the 'back' to Prior.

Umps lost control of the game.

Bloody great win by the Hawks. Stoked with how we're going this season. W/L doesn't matter. Even most of the losses have had some good things to take from them.

Was pretty bullish we could give the Lions a scare today. I understand if their supporters have some umpiring frustration. Was one of the worst umpired games I can recall. So over umpired.

Wow just saw the Neale one. That is an overzealous Umpire actively looking for a free to pay instead of reacting to an infringement.
Was a shocker no doubt. But I've seen that paid against our guys multiple times without the hooha that was raised today for the Neale one. They laugh it off when O'Meara or Sicily concedes the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be a flog, you got nursed home, by 5 points, after receiving 36 free kicks and god knows how many 50’s- not to mention Brisbane missing half their spine. But yep rather be Hawthorn 🙄

Come on mate. As if Brisbane didn’t get some calls as well. In the back against Mitchell that resulted in the goal was as bad as the Lachie Neale free kick. And Frost should have been give 2x50s and the ball went down the other end for a goal.

Also, McEvoy, Reeves, Gunston, Scrimshaw. Decent spine missing.

We came from behind and beat you in the middle where we have been horrible all season. Give us some credit.

Horribly umpired game both ways. Umpire 31 should never umpire a game at this level again.

Evened up with the push in the 'back' to Prior.

Umps lost control of the game.

Followed up by a shocking "holding" free to Lewis after a clearance from another free kick (which was probably there). Horribly over umpired game.

You will make top 4 easily. The media will pump the tyres as they do each year and come September the weak and shallow midfield will get exposed.

Happens time and time again. Brisbane play beautiful attacking footy but when the chips are down they lack the fight. It's a shame really. Such a fun team to watch that has an excellent forward and backline, completely undone by their midfield.

I do think our midfield balance is off. We essentially play with three full time midfielders (Neale, Lyons and McCluggage) and the rest of the midfield time is filled in with flankers (Zorko (more so this season), Rayner, Bailey etc.) that aside from Zorko, are learning to play midfield. Our wingers also don't really rotate into the centre square either (Berry did but is having shoulder issues). Means we're heavily reliant on Neale, Lyons and McCluggage having big games, and when one or two have a quiet quarter we tend to struggle.

If McCluggage does miss some time, I hope we bring in Dev Robertson to fill the midfield role and it performs well enough that he can't be dropped.

Hopefully Ashcroft nominates us as he'll definitely add another dimension to the midfield. Potentially Fletcher on the wing too.

Imagine being 2nd on the ladder and getting 27 free kicks and losing to a struggling team that nobody rates

That must hurt.
Man you lot really don't rate your own team, I thought the Hawks played their best game all season but apparently it's all about 'Haha Brisbane'.

Back your boys in! They beat a great side today, regardless of the umpires.

Followed up by a shocking "holding" free to Lewis after a clearance from another free kick (which was probably there). Horribly over umpired game.

I do think our midfield balance is off. We essentially play with three full time midfielders (Neale, Lyons and McCluggage) and the rest of the midfield time is filled in with flankers (Zorko (more so this season), Rayner, Bailey etc.) that aside from Zorko, are learning to play midfield. Our wingers also don't really rotate into the centre square either (Berry did but is having shoulder issues). Means we're heavily reliant on Neale, Lyons and McCluggage having big games, and when one or two have a quiet quarter we tend to struggle.

If McCluggage does miss some time, I hope we bring in Dev Robertson to fill the midfield role and it performs well enough that he can't be dropped.

Hopefully Ashcroft nominates us as he'll definitely add another dimension to the midfield. Potentially Fletcher on the wing too.

The Lewis one was more there than the Hardwick on Cameron one was up the other end earlier.

Back