Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

got some tools
Souup's Sam Frost comparisons don't seem far off the mark.

I don't mean that as a good or bad thing. Frost does a good job most weeks, but he also has his limitations.

Last edited:
Go well Kallan, hope you notch up a 150 game+ career and win us a few games off your defensive efforts.

But bloody hell, what a NMFC pick, to pick the guy who injured himself on the weekend :tearsofjoy:

I’ll preface this by saying I haven’t been following any of the draft prospects, but watching his highlights package looks like he has good pace, good hands and a good leap?

Welcome to North Kallan, and don’t worry we’ll coach those good traits out of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking issues aside, I like his leg speed, spoiling and marking, so there's something there. We haven't had a really fast KPD in a long while. Plus, he fills a direct need. I am more puzzled and annoyed by the freeing up Lynch's spot for nothing.

I like the look of this guy. Everyone on here has been complaining about the lack of investment in young KPD options, now we've gone for one instead of taking best available (in the MSD no less) and it's melts all around?

It just seems like increadibly s**t list management.

We opted against a KPD last year in a year absolutely stacked with them. We opt out of the Rookie Draft and use it to shuffle salaries when someone like Charlie Dean (who was the best KPD in the VFL) is available.

Then we scramble to take a KPD when there some quality best available 19 year olds for the taking.

It’s just absolutely reflective of where we are at as a club at the moment, mismanaged and incompetent.

In saying that, this might be a master stroke, but I’m not holding my breath.

I’ll preface this by saying I haven’t been following any of the draft prospects, but watching his highlights package looks like he has good pace, good hands and a good leap?

Welcome to North Kallan, and don’t worry we’ll coach those good traits out of you.
Can someone start the “Durdin vs Dawson” thread ?
I’m banking on Turdin being the better selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back