Review Crows vs NM: The Good, the bad and ... the stultifyingly DULL.

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordon Butts

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Will Hamill

• Jackson Hately

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

From the ABC on the Collingwood phone breach last year. If rules are still the same, sounds like there could be some penalty.

The AFL released a statement saying it acknowledged both players "used their phones to contact family members and/or club staff on the status of their in-game injuries".

But it said the rules "clearly state" mobile phone usage was not permitted in the change rooms "by anyone who is not an authorised device carrier".

Each club is required to submit their 10 authorised device carriers to the AFL before every match.

Mobile phone use is restricted to those 10 people, plus media staff.

"The rules, which have been in place for a long time to protect the integrity of our code, clearly state no mobile phone usage during the match. It is a rule that clubs and players have been educated about and reminded of every year," AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon said in the league's statement.

"Each club has authorised device users each match day that are there, in part, for the very reason the players used their phones — to contact family members if required. The players know this, the clubs know this, and we must adhere to this very simple but important rule to continue to protect the integrity of the game."

Collingwood released a statement describing the breach as "innocent" but said it accepted and understood the penalty.

Footywire says we're ranked first in the league for tackles.
Same amount of tackles for as against, which says something about our games and gamestyle.

From the ABC on the Collingwood phone breach last year. If rules are still the same, sounds like there could be some penalty.

The AFL released a statement saying it acknowledged both players "used their phones to contact family members and/or club staff on the status of their in-game injuries".

But it said the rules "clearly state" mobile phone usage was not permitted in the change rooms "by anyone who is not an authorised device carrier".

Each club is required to submit their 10 authorised device carriers to the AFL before every match.

"The rules, which have been in place for a long time to protect the integrity of our code, clearly state no mobile phone usage during the match. It is a rule that clubs and players have been educated about and reminded of every year," AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon said in the league's statement.

"Each club has authorised device users each match day that are there, in part, for the very reason the players used their phones — to contact family members if required. The players know this, the clubs know this, and we must adhere to this very simple but important rule to continue to protect the integrity of the game."

Collingwood released a statement describing the breach as "innocent" but said it accepted and understood the penalty.
There’s goes our first round draft pick!

Loves this. Pumps it so deep too. Massive leg on him.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Just finished watching the SANFL team against South. It's time to give Newchurch a game. He's developing nicely, has speed, very unselfish and was clean with most of his touches.
Best of all looked dangerous around goals, Mc Henry is offering very little apart from chasing like a greyhound out of box 8.
Time for a change and take a look at a player more suited to playing forward.

Watching Schoenberg in the middle really highlighted how much we've been missing out on an outside mid. At least 3-4 times he was running ahead of the ball, in the right direction and created separation, allowing us to be proactive in the middle and forcing our inside mids to get the ball moving forward.

Stark difference from our usual mo, whichs is to do one of three things.

A)Handball backwards
B)Handball to a stationary player with their back to our goals
C)Hack kick around the corner.

Just finished watching the SANFL team against South. It's time to give Newchurch a game. He's developing nicely, has speed, very unselfish and was clean with most of his touches.
Best of all looked dangerous around goals, Mc Henry is offering very little apart from chasing like a greyhound out of box 8.
Time for a change and take a look at a player more suited to playing forward.
This week could be a good game to start vs Melbourne at home.

I know people say it's hard against the top team, but jeez of he gets a couple of goals out could be perfect.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Collingwood it was a fine, so we can brace for draft sanctions again?

Bit bemused by posters surprised by Murray doing the back up ruck and others saying their idea etc .
But as soon as team picked it was bl---y obvious ,as there totally nobody else could do.
This will be unpopular in here but...

Well done to the selectors to resist the Himmelberg selection.

Possibly their best play of the year?

Watching Schoenberg in the middle really highlighted how much we've been missing out on an outside mid. At least 3-4 times he was running ahead of the ball, in the right direction and created separation, allowing us to be proactive in the middle and forcing our inside mids to get the ball moving forward.

Stark difference from our usual mo, whichs is to do one of three things.

A)Handball backwards
B)Handball to a stationary player with their back to our goals
C)Hack kick around the corner.
Compare our usual centre bounce foursome to Murray, Laird, Berry and Schoenberg.

Just think about it!

I'd say it's largely frustration. Everything was happening very easily for him to start and now the pressure has ramped up on him and he's struggling a bit. It's not fun to feel like you're not playing well.
I know that feeling so he would definitely be feeling frustrated. I hope I am wrong but its just an observation. I'd like to see the players gathering around him a bit more.

You are overthinking it, he's a first year player likley seeing some frustration at it becoming harder for him.
I hope I am but I felt a little sad for him on the weekend. He just looked out of place and has done for a few weeks. I remember his first game and he was over the moon but recently his body language doesnt look good.

This! Jeez we’re so dumb around the whole ground doing this. The number of times we have three or four defenders fly with no one waiting down is infuriating. Not so much this game today but it’s a regular occurrence. Same in the forward line particularly when our short people try to outmark Tex Fog McAdam and TT.
Speaking of McAdam, I remember one marking contest (2nd term, from memory) on the near wing where McAdam went for one of his Hail-Mary MotY contenders and took out ROB who was in position to mark. McAdam flattened him and the ball went back to NM's advantage :(.

If I didn't see it with my own eyes I'd be hard pressed to believe you.

Apparently we are a tackling team.
Does it give a stat on how many were actually successful tackles? The other thing is that usually one tackles when they don't have the ball...would much prefer a lower tackle count and higher possession count!

Back