Roast Tarryn Thomas - The AFL's answer to Ben Simmons

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of flogs who think it’s their right to insult players on social media and then get upset when they get a bit coming back their way.

Look at all you knobs in here, upset that he had the temerity to fire a shot back at some sarcastic flog.

Good on Thomas for giving some lip back to a keyboard warrior, but if it’s true that he lost a grandparent this week then he probably shouldn’t have played.

North would do well to monitor the abuse headed his way and check in on him though.

Here's a solution. Be a professional. Dont answer the trolls.

He better put his accounts on private - cause im sure they will be lining up to get a reaction now.

What do you think his team mates think? And the North supporters that have to sit through the crap he serves up? Im pretty sure internally North would be fuming. But as long as he gets his $$$ who cares if they get beaten pillar to post every week.

Its a piss poor look. Defending it is just absurd.

The criticism is him bragging about how much money he's making literally 10 minutes after the worst game of his career in what has been such a disappointment of a season from him personally and the team as a collective.

I mean, this his first game back after being dropped because he was out on the piss and turned up to training hungover and, in the words of his coach, 'lost the trust of his team mates'.

To call posters in this thread knobs because they hold the opinion that his response was poor given all the above says more about you than any one else.
The criticism is of him having the temerity to make a sarcastic response to a flog on social media who was having a crack at him in the comments of a non-footy post.

Who gives a * if it was his first, third or tenth game back, flogs who think that players should just cower to online commentary are the problem.

He had every right to throw back a barb at some w***er who wanted to take a shot, and there should be more of it as long as it doesn’t cross the line.

Here's a solution. Be a professional. Dont answer the trolls.

He better put his accounts on private - cause im sure they will be lining up to get a reaction now.

What do you think his team mates think? And the North supporters that have to sit through the crap he serves up? Im pretty sure internally North would be fuming. But as long as he gets his $$$ who cares if they get beaten pillar to post every week.

Its a piss poor look. Defending it is just absurd.
His teammates probably think “yeah, I’ve copped that sort of s**t too Taz, good on ya for telling some muppet to shut it”.

I dare say the club, if they’re smart will say “probably not the best response mate, but we want to support you and get you back into the kinda form that we think you can give us. Let’s catch up this week on some plans to do so.”

Always laugh at these guys who think they can belittle other people based off how much money the make….

Will probably make approx 5mil over his AFL career, and like many before him not much once his footy days are over.

Do these idiot sports people think no one else makes good money in there job???

Always laugh at these guys who think they can belittle other people based off how much money the make….
Don’t you mean you laugh at these guys who think they can directly belittle complete strangers, based on how their game of sport is going?

The criticism is of him having the temerity to make a sarcastic response to a flog on social media who was having a crack at him in the comments of a non-footy post.

Who gives a * if it was his first, third or tenth game back, flogs who think that players should just cower to online commentary are the problem.

He had every right to throw back a barb at some w***er who wanted to take a shot, and there should be more of it as long as it doesn’t cross the line.
The criticism should be of the way he is playing not the comments on IG.

Had a s**t first game. Then he ended up with internal injuries after a smother in round two after playing really well. He came back too early from the injuries and hasn't really been right since but today's performance was pretty bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not looking good for any of the parties concerned.

I ECOd a long time ago.

I've been a member for a long time and will remain so.

But this is as bad as I have seen the team in all the time I have supported the club.

And it only seems to be getting worse.

The amount of flogs who think it’s their right to insult players on social media and then get upset when they get a bit coming back their way.

Look at all you knobs in here, upset that he had the temerity to fire a shot back at some sarcastic flog.

Good on Thomas for giving some lip back to a keyboard warrior, but if it’s true that he lost a grandparent this week then he probably shouldn’t have played.

North would do well to monitor the abuse headed his way and check in on him though.

Correct I don’t understand why anyone thinks they have the right to abuse the athlete.

On the flip side, his response tells you he needs to grow up a bit: earning more money than someone else is probably the very last and worst thing you can give someone s**t about.

Thomas earns more than doctors because he can kick a ball. That’s not something to brag about it’s something to feel incredibly blessed over

Correct I don’t understand why anyone thinks they have the right to abuse the athlete.

On the flip side, his response tells you he needs to grow up a bit: earning more money than someone else is probably the very last and worst thing you can give someone s**t about.

Thomas earns more than doctors because he can kick a ball. That’s not something to brag about it’s something to feel incredibly blessed over
I reckon Tarryn’s response was a very cheap and easy return of serve. Not the best response, but I find it amazing the amount of people who are lining up to condemn him for firing a shot back at some wannabe who wanted to throw some mud at him.

I’ve never understood w***ers who tag players into their demeaning or emotional posts during or after a game on social media. They wouldn’t say it to a players face, and if they ever did they’d be doing so with the comfort of knowing that the player has a limited ability to respond without bringing more heat onto himself.

It’s why I applaud Thomas for throwing some shade back at this flog, even if it’s a cheap and childish insult that he’ll be told to not do by North. Fire with fire and all that.

Last edited:
I reckon Tarryn’s response was a very cheap and easy return of serve. Not the best response, but I find it amazing the amount of people who are lining up to condemn him for firing a shot back at some wannabe who wanted to throw some mud at him.

I’ve never understood w***ers who tag players into their demeaning or emotional posts during or after a game on social media. They wouldn’t say it to a players face, and if they ever did they’d be doing so with the comfort of knowing that the player has a limited ability to respond without bringing more heat onto himself.

It’s why I applaud Thomas for throwing some shade back at this flog, even if it’s a cheap and childish insult that he’ll be told to not do by North. Fire with fire and all that.

It is disrespectful to the North supporters who still pump money into the club and pay his wage despite the poor efforts. A lot of those would be earning 10x less than Tarryn.

A simple “jog on” would’ve sufficed. Better yet ignore it like 800 other players do.

I have no dramas him giving it back, none at all. Just think he chose the cheap way to do it

That’s cool , dunno about sitting on the bench like a dick though

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back