List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mundy and Fyfe. Hughes doesn’t have Actes pace or tank for the wing

Hughes may not know the wing role but I’d be surprised if he was much slower than Acres. They’re both really quick.

We had one too many slow inside mids or one too many tall forwards. Fyfe playing full time mid and Mundy out of the side fixes both issues enough imo.

Seems odd that Blakely regularly plays wing for Peel yet a defender who played there once and didn't do a great job of it imo, was chosen ahead of him. He might not be part of our future plans but we are trying to win now, not next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems odd that Blakely regularly plays wing for Peel yet a defender who played there once and didn't do a great job of it imo, was chosen ahead of him. He might not be part of our future plans but we are trying to win now, not next year.
I’ve watched almost every game of Peel and Blakely spends very little if anytime on the Wing. Henry and Worner have been on the Wings. Hughes played the week before in the absence of Worner.

Blakely has had a couple of very short stints on the wing but not much. He plays in the Centre for about 95% of his game time. Blakely also burns the ball consistently. There was one game where he did well and got the pill over 30 times and was named an emergency but otherwise has been just ok.

If Blakely is going to play it will be part of the centre midfield mix and I’d have him well down the pecking order.

Mundy spent a lot of time on the bench on Sat. His game time has reduced this year but Sat was the lowest I remember him playing. Was right on 60%. I wonder if he was unwell because he didn’t look too good coming to the bench a few times.

Fyfe is rusty. I know it has been said by everyone but his rustiness is where to stand and the reading of where the ball is going to go. This won’t be developed at Peel. He could have possibly played over the bye but also may have needed the weekend off.

We got beat by a team who have been in and around the top 5 since the beginning of the year on their home deck. Yes they were missing a key back and Cerra but they have very good midfield depth and a smaller running team suited them at Marvel. They also haven’t lost at Marvel all year.

It was a disappointing result but no need to over react. We had a good run in the third but didn’t push on and a couple of late Carlton goals killed the game.

Hughes and Banfield are both very fast runners. I guess fast thinking is a weakness of both Banfield and Hughes.
That would be my guess as well. Although I reckon both would be very slow getting boot to ball as well

Man Finn Callaghan would have been a really good pickup for us. Pacey tall midfielder which is exactly what we need. GWS got *ing lucky with him.

We've got Matty Johnson...
Of course! Very happy with the haul but there's a reason the club really wanted Callaghan but just couldn't get a deal done without sacrificing Amiss (which is fair enough). Our midfield was exposed for its lack of speed on the weekend which Finn has.

I’ve watched almost every game of Peel and Blakely spends very little if anytime on the Wing. Henry and Worner have been on the Wings. Hughes played the week before in the absence of Worner.

Blakely has had a couple of very short stints on the wing but not much. He plays in the Centre for about 95% of his game time. Blakely also burns the ball consistently. There was one game where he did well and got the pill over 30 times and was named an emergency but otherwise has been just ok.

If Blakely is going to play it will be part of the centre midfield mix and I’d have him well down the pecking order.

Mundy spent a lot of time on the bench on Sat. His game time has reduced this year but Sat was the lowest I remember him playing. Was right on 60%. I wonder if he was unwell because he didn’t look too good coming to the bench a few times.

Fyfe is rusty. I know it has been said by everyone but his rustiness is where to stand and the reading of where the ball is going to go. This won’t be developed at Peel. He could have possibly played over the bye but also may have needed the weekend off.

We got beat by a team who have been in and around the top 5 since the beginning of the year on their home deck. Yes they were missing a key back and Cerra but they have very good midfield depth and a smaller running team suited them at Marvel. They also haven’t lost at Marvel all year.

It was a disappointing result but no need to over react. We had a good run in the third but didn’t push on and a couple of late Carlton goals killed the game.
Well he did spend time on the wing this week. And I have seen it before quite often. Has been doing it for quite a while now. Even seen him at half forward. Certainly more than Hughes who has probably done it approximately once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back