Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not prepared to say he has so many weaknesses because a lot of those weaknesses simply aren't apparent when he is playing well. I am prepared to say that I think it's clear he's one of those players who, when he is off the pace even a little, ends up off the pace by a mile. Kinda like Florent used to be in that sense. If he can find a bit more of a middle ground where even his worst performances only leak a couple of goals and silly mistakes, then I think he'll be pretty bloody great.
On the flip side of McCartin was playing on buddy he woudknt have had a free against him

He’s a bum and hecwill

You are right may have been a bit off the mark with overrated because yes he does have ability but people can stick the bullshit about oh ! He’s only 22 up their arse. Same people will be still saying in 10 years oh but we are young ! He was caned today cut and dry. He has so many weaknesses as a last line key defender.
He’s a bum?

How can I come away from a win and be unhappy? Well I am. I thought we played a lot of too fancy footy. Totally dollied around with the ball on too many occasions. Too many cute kicks that were turned over. Too many cute touches in the clearances that were ditto

Tom McCartin was woeful today. He needs to have a good hard look at his game. Even Goldstien ran him down. He was in lala bloody land. We need him to be far better than this in finals. Oh, John Longmire they wanted you to put Rampe on Larkey. Rampe is shite on Larkey.

As much as we won and it might give us 3rd, it was not an inspiring performance. Great preasure by both sides. But too many passes while ịn open space went to opponents. What's with players trying to break tackles instead of giving off to a better option? Our players first instinct was to break tackles instead of using the running player. I have been frustrated by Dane Rampe doing this for about 3 years. He seldom gets away any more. McInerney, Florent, Lloyd all try it every time.

Happy with the win. Not impressred with the execution.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was at the game and made this comment often, we didn’t take North with much respect and often made the simple really difficult by going for the low percentage instead of taking what was in front of us. Defence was putrid today. McInerney does not deserve his place, he is so down.

Warner was exceptional. Blakey the same, really good,. There is no doubt Buddy gets umpired differently to other forwards.

Thi# should have been a very big win, but the prpensity to dispose the ball so quickly for some created many unessecary turn overs, was a frustrating da6 considering the win.

Given how tight the top 4 is, will be very surprised if some positions don't come down to percentage.

I would be very happy finishing 4th and playing Geelong in the first final

Missed most of the 2nd half, take Larkey out and we would have smashed them. Regardless we still win by 6 goals. Even with our poor goal kicking early we kick over 120 points. Happy enough with that. Impressed by Hickey feel like he's getting better each and every game.

Thread title has been changed 3 times...

People are to precious of factual criticism

Never saw the title . don't give 2 shits what it was to be honest , negative or otherwise

Just happy to be top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not that bad KS :(
I never said you were... but we do disagree on a lot!

Just for instance: Aliir going, Hewitt being a poor trade, Jussy being a gun, Rowie being able to play his best role rather than his best role for the team, playing all players in their best role rather than their best role for the team... where to play Campbell, etc. etc.

I don't doubt your love of the Swans or your passion for the game...

Ticky009 Can we please change the title... or start a new thread.

This one is too disrespectful to our team.
I fell asleep during the game due to taking pain killers but even groggy it looks all right to me. What's the matter with it?

Anyone would think we lost percentage rather than gaining about 1 point. Sure it could have been better but we go good win and no injuries without getting out of third gear and I. Pleased with that.

What's great is how many players we have in career best form. We aren't favourites but we are a real chance to win the whole thing this year.

I don't think McCartin is over-rated but I do think he's judged differently to Melican and it's unfair. Melican has played plenty of quality games also but people only want to remember the bad ones. With McCartin, it seems people only want to remember the good ones.

yeah his brothers in team , makes it cooler

Patty is better

Never saw the title . don't give 2 shits what it was to be honest , negative or otherwise

Just happy to be top 4
damn right!
i can only guess those lamenting the percentage and the "blown games" v essendon, etc are the same people who said after that essendon game we were pretenders, not going to make finals, "bottom four", blah blah blah ...
five wins in a row ... job half done ... just five more wins

I never said you were... but we do disagree on a lot!

Just for instance: Aliir going, Hewitt being a poor trade, Jussy being a gun, Rowie being able to play his best role rather than his best role for the team, playing all players in their best role rather than their best role for the team... where to play Campbell, etc. etc.

I don't doubt your love of the Swans or your passion for the game...
Wait... you don't think McInerney's a gun? :eek:

Different role though. Gould, Rampe, Aliir would all look impressive being allowed to be 3rd man up or intercepting in defense

yeah different role, still a better player of the two imo

mind you I am happy with both

Remove this Banner Ad

Back