Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat Pies - likely finish 2nd or 3rd

Lose to Pies - likely finish 6th

Can’t remember a bigger regular season game.

Huge.

It shouldn’t have come to this but it has and it’s up to us to show what we’re made of. That we’re a genuine flag threat.

We should win but it will be far from easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what game people were watching if they think Hickey was poor. He was very good today - a couple of ineffective clearances but otherwise very good.

There are definitely fingers to be pointed but he ain't one of them.

We controlled the game from start to finish and flexed our muscles when the game was on the line. A sign of maturity and something the Swans haven’t always been able to do in the last couple of years.

Chad Warner needs to be signed on a Buddy like deal to make sure he doesn’t head back West. Absolute star!

North played their best and Larkey is going to be a very very good forward.

It’s best we don’t look at the ladder this weekend as percentage will be irrelevant if we get the win against the Pies.

Last edited:
This is a public service announcement.

The Lions and Demons play each other in the last round. The results do not matter if we win both games.

Beat Collingwood and St. Kilda and we finish 3rd at worst.

I just feel like this needs to be made clear.

On the game, aside from the junk at the end, we played it perfectly. Logan even found some touch.

We have every reason to feel incredibly optimistic about where this team is headed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey had 9 clearances. I am prepared to renege on my criticism until I watch the replay and see the quality of those clearances. Perhaps in the heat of the game they seemed more frequently poor than they actually were, and I am not so arrogant as to believe that I am right and the many who loved his game were not.

TBD, Ruck Jesus!

Parker doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for the defensive work he has done of late. He's not been poor defensively ever, but it's never been a massive strong suit of his. He's shown so much discipline over the last 4-6 weeks, holding his position on his man, clearing ways for other mids to win the ball and get it out. It's easy to take for granted that a midfield leader would do these things, as they should, but for an absolute hard nut bull like Parker who has never met a ball he won't try and win (for better or worse), to be restrained and disciplined and selfless to NOT go for a ball HAS to be tough for him.

Hasn't effected his ability to find the ball by any stretch, but it has made the midfield more effective, so kudos skipper!

Hickey had 9 clearances. I am prepared to renege on my criticism until I watch the replay and see the quality of those clearances. Perhaps in the heat of the game they seemed more frequently poor than they actually were, and I am not so arrogant as to believe that I am right and the many who loved his game were not.

TBD, Ruck Jesus!
One of his clearances hit McDonald lace out and it was glorious

Yes but destiny is in our hands. Of course win first but Let’s not kid ourselves, percentage matters very much. Top 2 shot mean potentially 2 finals at the SCG inc a prelim.
Absolutely but the frustrating part is we shouldn't have do or die games against top 4 teams when we drop games to bombers and gold coast

This is a public service announcement.

The Lions and Demons play each other in the last round. The results do not matter if we win both games.

Beat Collingwood and St. Kilda and we finish 3rd at worst.

I just feel like this needs to be made clear.

On the game, aside from the junk at the end, we played it perfectly. Logan even found some touch.

We have every reason to feel incredibly optimistic about where this team is headed.

Agree, great call!

Hitting form at the right time

22 year old key defender who has been a pillar of our defence through a rapid rise up the ladder …. and you want to crap all over him.

Sure, he got beaten today - but your denigration of a very good player is way over the top.
He’s a bum and hecwill
I don't think McCartin is over-rated but I do think he's judged differently to Melican and it's unfair. Melican has played plenty of quality games also but people only want to remember the bad ones. With McCartin, it seems people only want to remember the good ones.
You are right may have been a bit off the mark with overrated because yes he does have ability but people can stick the bullshit about oh ! He’s only 22 up their arse. Same people will be still saying in 10 years oh but we are young ! He was caned today cut and dry. He has so many weaknesses as a last line key defender.

He’s a bum and hecwill

You are right may have been a bit off the mark with overrated because yes he does have ability but people can stick the bullshit about 22 up their arse. Same people will be still saying in 10 years oh but we are young ! He was caned today cut and dry. He has so many weaknesses as a last line key defender.
I'm not prepared to say he has so many weaknesses because a lot of those weaknesses simply aren't apparent when he is playing well. I am prepared to say that I think it's clear he's one of those players who, when he is off the pace even a little, ends up off the pace by a mile. Kinda like Florent used to be in that sense. If he can find a bit more of a middle ground where even his worst performances only leak a couple of goals and silly mistakes, then I think he'll be pretty bloody great.

John Longmire "we got the job done"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back