Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 2 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand it when people chew with their mouth open and even worse if they have a chew that turns the food around and around like a washing machine.

It's worse than finger nails on a chalk board for me.

+100

Open mouth chewing drives me bat$h!+ insane, especially the audible smacking that comes with it.

I have literally left the table when younger nieces/nephews do it.

At one time, Simpsons was one of the greatest things on TV. At some point (season 10? I don't remember) the decline was clear.

The degeneration and pandering evident later in Apu's elimination became complete with Diz-Neez takeover of the entire franchise plus.
The Harry Potter episode (think it was in season 12) was the moment where it died. It became about pop culture and Family Guy style gags after that.

At one time, Simpsons was one of the greatest things on TV. At some point (season 10? I don't remember) the decline was clear.

The degeneration and pandering evident later in Apu's elimination became complete with Diz-Neez takeover of the entire franchise plus.
I did like Homer's version of a song from the Sound of Music:

Dough - the stuff that buys my beer
Ray - the bloke who buys my beer
Me - the bloke who drinks my beer
Far - the distance from my beer
So, I think I'll have a beer
La la la la la la beer
Tea - no thanks, I'm having beer
That will bring us back to (and he looks in his empty beer glass)
DOH!!!

The idea that I’m ‘washed up’ is a bit washed up itself I reckon. I averaged around 30 posts per game last season and ruffled plenty of feathers. For every post I contributed there’s be another 6-8 posts tagging me or replying. I became the topic of conversation quite easily. A target. Which is great!

Case in point, you’ve gone out of your way to reference me looking for a reaction, which you’ll get, because I love it. But by definition that means I’m not washed up or irrelevant or whatever people want to call me.

And for all the disrespect, 99% of which is faked in the name of banter because people know I can take it and know it is there to go against my egotistical persona, I just played my 350th game and kicked my 900th goal in round 1.

Washed up? No. I’m in my prime.
You know you're washed up when you talk about how many "posts per week" you compiled last season as a way to justify your existence in the league. 🙃

George R.R. Martin should get in touch with you.
I finish what I start. Eventually. 1000 goals, another Fred and another premiership by S35.
Wizard Of Oz Rain GIF by EricaLYNN
Lame response. Be better. Match threads so much more fun when people engage in the banter rather than resorting to the unintelligent ‘LOLZ CAUGHT A FISH’ or ‘ROFLCOPTER TLDR NICE MELT’ bullshit. Cop out.
Mate, okeydoke7 plays for okey. The team is irrelevant
The team is relevant. But I’m in it for me more. It’s a fantasy footy league. I play for my own enjoyment. I enjoy my team but I enjoy my opposition as well. Don’t be afraid to admit it, we are all the same. Leave the ‘I put the team before me’ s**t to the robotic professional sports people who are media trained. Be real.

You know you're washed up when you talk about how many "posts per week" you compiled last season as a way to justify your existence in the league. 🙃
This, however, is a valid argument. You’re right on this and I concede this point. Poor early season form by me.

This, however, is a valid argument. You’re right on this and I concede this point. Poor early season form by me.
Indeed. Okey of S18 would never have resorted to that tactic.

As I said: you're washed. I'm glad we've come to an early agreeance. 🤗

Indeed. Okey of S18 would never have resorted to that tactic.

As I said: you're washed. I'm glad we've come to an early agreeance. 🤗
No no, it’s a phyrric victory. I’ll lure you into a false sense of security then overwhelm you by the end.

I’m always willing to admit when I get one wrong. It just doesn’t happen often.

The new posters of the Sweet FA, obsessed with their posting numbers (despite actually SAYING nothing) have got to me here.

But I’m not washed up. I’m here. I’m active. I’m causing a stir. I’m promoting my own fantasy brilliance. And that makes things fun for me. Those who come to post generic team first one liners last a season or two then get bored. I’ve been around in some shape or form since Season 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't stand it when people chew with their mouth open and even worse if they have a chew that turns the food around and around like a washing machine.

It's worse than finger nails on a chalk board for me.

+100

Open mouth chewing drives me bat$h!+ insane, especially the audible smacking that comes with it.

I have literally left the table when younger nieces/nephews do it.
Chewing with a mouth open is horrible, but what's worse is the scraping of forks on a plate. Makes me flinch so badly.

I made a vow at the start of the year that I'd lose the 10 kilograms I put on during the COVID lockdown. Doing quite well so far - only 15 kgs to go.......

Yeah, the COVID-19 (insert preferred mass unit here)

Yeah, the COVID-19 (insert preferred mass unit here)
I liked that photo of the same bloke lying on a couch in separate pictures:

• First photo - the caption is "2019 - lazy bastard".
  • Second photo - the caption is "2020 - responsible adult".

The Dragons certainly lack vigour without Bonz, maybe we need to rota69 to stir some life in these Dragons fossils.

Big talk from an admin whom I completely forgot was part of this week's opposition.

First post in the match thread, KP?

Big talk from an admin whom I completely forgot was part of this week's opposition.

First post in the match thread, KP?
No, I posted the Arthur theme song as my first post of the thread.

Which is now also the official theme song of the SFA committee.

No, I posted the Arthur theme song as my first post of the thread.

Which is now also the official theme song of the SFA committee.

Ah, so you did. I glossed over it, as kids shows starting in 1996 are so far out of my experience as to be unrecognizable.

By 1996, I was following The Smashing Pumpkins and finally realizing that my last gasp at cultural relevance was gone, along with the grunge movement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back