List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Jackson is clearly a talent (colts people I know say he's on one of the most dominant they've ever seen at that level)... and he's shown glimpses of that talent at AFL level in bursts... and he's a young tall who's years off reaching his peak... but gee his current form makes any potential godfather offer a pretty scary proposition.

If you sat down with someone with no prior knowledge of player reputation and asked them to rank the star potential of everyone in that final Jackson probably would have come 43rd out of 44 after Melksham. Hopefully his mind has already left the Dees and that explains some of his recent form, but for a club like us who's been burned so many times chasing messiah trades I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

And I've been someone fully supportive of striking when a talent like this falls in your lap. I'm just a bit concerned about how hard we should strike now.
Especially when he doesn't address our greatest, long standing need.

Man, Jackson is clearly a talent (colts people I know say he's on one of the most dominant they've ever seen at that level)... and he's shown glimpses of that talent at AFL level in bursts... and he's a young tall who's years off reaching his peak... but gee his current form makes any potential godfather offer a pretty scary proposition.

If you sat down with someone with no prior knowledge of player reputation and asked them to rank the star potential of everyone in that final Jackson probably would have come 43rd out of 44 after Melksham. Hopefully his mind has already left the Dees and that explains some of his recent form, but for a club like us who's been burned so many times chasing messiah trades I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

And I've been someone fully supportive of striking when a talent like this falls in your lap. I'm just a bit concerned about how hard we should strike now.
As like one of the biggest supporters of getting him, tonight was a little concerning. The cash amounts in particular are looking absurd. It’s weird he’s basically not even discussed on the Dee’s board post-match.

More mentions on Kozzie being invisible then Jackson

From the West: 5 Vic clubs show interest in Fremantle's Darcy Tucker who's rated a 50-50 chance to head home.
Alastair Clarkson even sounded him
out this week. Ave 30 disposals and
kicked 7 goals in last 3 WAFL games
but overlooked for elimination final.
Tucker leaving? Non-issue.

He's played the 100 games, we got the father-son eligibility now, it's time to go son. Very average AFL player.

As like one of the biggest supporters of getting him, tonight was a little concerning. The cash amounts in particular are looking absurd.

Could you imagine if we made him our equal highest paid player and he turned in performances like that every second week? The eagles media over here would destroy him.

You guys are going to be spending a lot of money on a second ruck. It's a shame he isn't a forward that's what you really need. I reckon max king would be great for Freo. You already have one of the best ruck's in the comp in Darcy and Darcy is young but Jackson's best position is ruck ? It's a tricky situation to be in, jackson is very talented and you cant ignore him but of all the positions getting another ruck is the least of your concerns. Maybe he can develop into something else time will tell.

Hasn't Luke Jackson been playing through injury all year though? Hence why he hasn't really improved this year.

Still don't have much interest trading 2 first rounders for him but whatever, the move seems to be happening so I have to learn to accept it.

On another note, I can't remember was it Ben or Sam Reid we were allegedly very close to trading in a few years ago?
If it was Sam we missed one there, I know he's been injured a lot but he just seems a savvy player and still going ok

As like one of the biggest supporters of getting him, tonight was a little concerning. The cash amounts in particular are looking absurd. It’s weird he’s basically not even discussed on the Dee’s board post-match.

More mentions on Kozzie being invisible then Jackson
I guess we have a vested interest in keeping a very close eye on him since we know he's coming here for a king's ransom, and they have a vested interest in not caring as they know he's gone

I guess we have a vested interest in keeping a very close eye on him since we know he's coming here for a king's ransom, and they have a vested interest in not caring as they know he's gone

It all depends on what we pay for Jackson, and if Treacy/Amiss make some headway next year, Kozzie could be the ‘missing piece’

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's not to late to wipe your hand of this deal Fremantle. Walk away and allow the Eagles to deal with those dusty old VFL pr*cks. They need a replacement for the palm tree messiah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d still rather have Jackson over McDonald. He was unsighted!

And all the more reason to hold Lobb to his contract…
Assume it’s still because he’s in the finals mix but he’s names gone quiet

I’d still rather have Jackson over McDonald. He was unsighted!

And all the more reason to hold Lobb to his contract…
Assume it’s still because he’s in the finals mix but he’s names gone quiet
McDonald>Jackson

Went to the game and as arguably the most vocal one here for being against Jackson, I can honestly say I'm sick to my stomach that we're offering him a big pay cheque.

He did exactly what I thought he would, absolutely nothing and was second worst on ground. He isn't a gun, he isn't a generational talent, he's very close to being a useless spud

McDonald>Jackson

Went to the game and as arguably the most vocal one here for being against Jackson, I can honestly say I'm sick to my stomach that we're offering him a big pay cheque.

He did exactly what I thought he would, absolutely nothing and was second worst on ground. He isn't a gun, he isn't a generational talent, he's very close to being a useless spud
2nd worst on ground? Slight overstatement when Melbourne had its fair share of passengers, Buddy and McDonald did nothing and The Chad was very quiet

With Jackson I’d be prepared to risk the draft capital, but not the cap space.

$600k per season tops, although I acknowledge that’s fanciful as we’ve seemed pretty hellbent on landing him and the salary has probably been agreed upon (likely higher).

Melksham was worst

Flip a coin, Buddy or Jackson second

No overstatement at all
Ben Brown was useless, Pickett and McDonald literally invisible. He’s concerning but 2nd worst on ground is a hate boner

Hate boner? Get off it mate, that's ridiculous

Brown was far, far better than Jackson. Quiet yes, but stupid call by you
Brown was a useless potato for his role and I didn’t know McDonald and Pickett were even playing for half the game. There is no way you can say Jackson was the 2nd worst on ground, that’s the dumb call here.

I’m even fully acknowledging he was shit and I’m getting concerned

Luke Jackson with the sore knee is a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back