List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the way the reports about Logue are reported? It's things like "North declares interest". Then read the ones for Taranto, "it's down to either Richmond or Collingwood". If he's actually leaving he has signaled his intentions yet, he's just leaving the floor open probably to try and get more. Still reckon he stays.

You're probably right but we should have imo. Still going well, fills a need and would be cheap and easy to attract.
He's an average role player. Decent footballer but doesn't offer anything of note. I don't reckon he's any better than Tucker for example.

Notice the way the reports about Logue are reported? It's things like "North declares interest". Then read the ones for Taranto, "it's down to either Richmond or Collingwood". If he's actually leaving he has signaled his intentions yet, he's just leaving the floor open probably to try and get more. Still reckon he stays.ge
Vic media barracking for the Vics.

Not at the moment. We're not exactly overflowing with kpp. But yeah get rid of a versatile key. Good plan,
Don't want to lose him but would prefer to pay him for the role he will play, not an amount making him our highest paid tall forward who isn't going to kick 20 goals in a season.

Don't want to lose him but would prefer to pay him for the role he will play, not an amount making him our highest paid tall forward who isn't going to kick 20 goals in a season.
How much is he asking for? He's been thrown forward with little preparation. I'd back him to tidy up his goal kicking. Tabs did.

A more than competent backman if he needs go back. Great versatility. But hell yeah he's not needed. Are we overflowing with kp players? Have I missed something?

Jackson should be on 500k on a 3 year contract. If he improves his game he gets more.

I know he’s raw and will only improve..but gee he is a long long way from earning what’s reported. He is border line a crab.
Its one thing to be an undersized ruck, its another to be an undersized ruck that doesnt seem to be a natural footballer.

Jeff white and Corey Mckernan were undersized rucks but they were good coz they were pure footballers even at a young age who could use angles and get a ride up in the centre square. Luke Jackson lacks any sort of craft be it in the ruck or up forward.

He's more than depth, has played pretty much every game he's been available for.
Despite being ridiculously good, he simply doesn't fit in to our best backline.

Hes not really a forward either, he's filling a role brilliantly, but you would hope he is over taken by a player with better forward craft at some point.

I think in a final given a full fit list he ends up as a sub, with a forward line of lobb tabbs and fyfe.

Its one thing to be an undersized ruck, its another to be an undersized ruck that doesnt seem to be a natural footballer.

Jeff white and Corey Mckernan were undersized rucks but they were good coz they were pure footballers even at a young age who could use angles and get a ride up in the centre square. Luke Jackson lacks any sort of craft be it in the ruck or up forward.
Cory McKernan. What a player. Vied with Carey as the best player in the league at his peak.

Hes not really a forward either, he's filling a role brilliantly, but you would hope he is over taken by a player with better forward craft at some point.

I think in a final given a full fit list he ends up as a sub, with a forward line of lobb tabbs and fyfe.
Are we really going to rely on Pearce and Tabbs to be fit? Cox to lockdown on a gun forward with no other option?

Lobb's 30 next year and wants to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much is he asking for? He's been thrown forward with little preparation. I'd back him to tidy up his goal kicking. Tabs did.

A more than competent backman if he needs go back. Great versatility. But hell yeah he's not needed. Are we overflowing with kp players? Have I missed something?

Why don't we play Alex Pearce forward?

From the West: 5 Vic clubs show interest in Fremantle's Darcy Tucker who's rated a 50-50 chance to head home.
Alastair Clarkson even sounded him
out this week. Ave 30 disposals and
kicked 7 goals in last 3 WAFL games
but overlooked for elimination final.

What sdfc said plus it's looking like Acres goes and Chapman will be trialled on the wing leaving another spot open in defence.

Man, Jackson is clearly a talent (colts people I know say he's on one of the most dominant they've ever seen at that level)... and he's shown glimpses of that talent at AFL level in bursts... and he's a young tall who's years off reaching his peak... but gee his current form makes any potential godfather offer a pretty scary proposition.

If you sat down with someone with no prior knowledge of player reputation and asked them to rank the star potential of everyone in that final Jackson probably would have come 43rd out of 44 after Melksham. Hopefully his mind has already left the Dees and that explains some of his recent form, but for a club like us who's been burned so many times chasing messiah trades I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

And I've been someone fully supportive of striking when a talent like this falls in your lap. I'm just a bit concerned about how hard we should strike now.

I’m not just saying this cos Logue is my BigFooty BFF but…. He’s 100% the player that you can dump in any position and go -
FWD - Create a contest, bring it to ground, fight tooth and nail.
MID - Crash and bash, get ball, release it.
DEF - Kill ball, Lock it down.
RUCK - Compete, Halve the contest, fight tooth and nail.
I realise he hasn’t done the mid thing yet but he absolutely could. Not all that many players in the AFL that could do all that with little to no training. Not sure what that’s worth…
But I’d be loathe to lose him. Seems like he bleeds purple, absolutely the type that could swing a final.
Also, buy low sell high. See ya Blaceres. And I was/am a fan of what he can/could be also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why don't we play Alex Pearce forward?
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Its a weird one with Logue. Hes actually really a depth player. But a brilliant depth player for our some what fragile backline with Pearce always an injury risk.

He is also a very handy stop gap forward. If lobb does go, and we don't pull off some miracle trade, he's a very important stop gap forward. We are in a premiership window and Amiss and Treacey aren't premiership ready.

If we can somehow put his coin together for a quality forward, then I can accept him leaving.
The salary cap system is basically designed so your list can't be keep players as good as Logue (as a KPD) as depth.

Either we find a spot for him in the best 22 elsewhere (which we have this year) or we trade him imo.

Is there room for him in the forward line with Darcy/Jackson, Taberner and Amiss/Treact there. I certainly think that we've been better with two genuine KPDs and 5 small/medium defenders than three KPDs tbh.

I'm not sure we can keep a depth KPD on $500k a season and maintain a list capable challenging. If Logue isn't good enough to be a KPF/medium tall forward in a premiership side I'm not sure he'll be missed as much as this board thinks tbh.

Having said that I do think he ends up staying.

Man, Jackson is clearly a talent (colts people I know say he's on one of the most dominant they've ever seen at that level)... and he's shown glimpses of that talent at AFL level in bursts... and he's a young tall who's years off reaching his peak... but gee his current form makes any potential godfather offer a pretty scary proposition.

If you sat down with someone with no prior knowledge of player reputation and asked them to rank the star potential of everyone in that final Jackson probably would have come 43rd out of 44 after Melksham. Hopefully his mind has already left the Dees and that explains some of his recent form, but for a club like us who's been burned so many times chasing messiah trades I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

And I've been someone fully supportive of striking when a talent like this falls in your lap. I'm just a bit concerned about how hard we should strike now.
He’s had some good games recently and a few mediocre ones. Spent too much time in the ruck tonight – he doesn’t have the fitness for that. He has proven that his best is exceptional. I think he can find consistency with better fitness and by playing deputy to a more physical ruckman like Darcy.

I'm not suggesting it, I'm pointing out that Logue is a tagger of a defender, doesn't take enough intercept marks for his attempts at them - mostly because when he went for them last season he fumbled it and we had a goal against.

Cox and Pearce are superior players at everything except locking down a specific opponent exclusively.

That's why Logue plays forward instead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back