Game Day brownlow medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribunal decisions have everything to do with winning the Brownlow.

And the tribunal suspended him. It was the extra appeal that has nothing to do with him that got him off. Not to mention that Christian is only the MRP and NOT the tribunal. Once things go beyond the MRP everything is out of his hands.

And the tribunal suspended him. It was the extra appeal that has nothing to do with him that got him off. Not to mention that Christian is only the MRP and NOT the tribunal. Once things go beyond the MRP everything is out of his hands.
And as leader of that officiating process, he has shown to ineffectively perform his role.Especially given the Inconsistency.

Ans that's without arguing an apparent bias over the years.

Have to laugh.

SpDhdaM.gif

And as leader of that officiating process, he has shown to ineffectively perform his role.Especially given the Inconsistency.

Ans that's without arguing an apparent bias over the years.

He is not the leader of the process. I don't know where you are getting the idea that he is from. The AFL control the process. He is employed by the AFL to be the MRO only. The AFL then employ a different group of people for the tribunal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chill out guys Cripps was a chance to win from the start of the night. The league’s not corrupt it’s incompetent, learn the difference they are often confused.
The AFL is completely corrupt and has been for many years. Not the least of which can be sheeted home to Dimwitrio and a lazy, incompetent board

Good on the bloke, but I highly doubt we'd see this sort of incompetent prosecution from the league judiciary if a player from a non big four Vic club had concussed another player on field.
“Oops sorry we got the wording wrong you’re free to play”

Any non vic club and the AFL appeals that

He is not the leader of the process. I don't know where you are getting the idea that he is from. The AFL control the process. He is employed by the AFL to be the MRO only. The AFL then employ a different group of people for the tribunal.
Hey, pal. He's the boss of the tribunal system. Prove me otherwise, or sit down, please.

Sole MRP officer.

That will do.

Serong polling only 5 votes is sketchy but if he had polled better it would've only hurt Brayshaw's chances

Meh it's always been a pretty silly award for the most prestigious one given in a professional comp. Or any comp for that matter.

I mean the umps being tasked with giving the votes, hardly surprising they get it wrong with strange ones when they already have more than enough on their plate. Good luck getting noticed no matter how well how you play unless it's in the middle.

The 3, 2, 1 voting. Is the guy that's best on ground really worth 3 times points as the person that was rated 3rd?

Suspension controversies.

I watched it properly tonight but usually don't even bother, like even when Fyfe won in 15. And struggle to remember who won them in recent years..

FYI

FREMANTLE​

NameVotes
Andrew Brayshaw25
Will Brodie11
Rory Lobb7
Sean Darcy6
Lachie Schultz6
Hayden Young5
Caleb Serong5
David Mundy4
Luke Ryan3
James Aish3
Blake Acres3
Matt Taberner3
Alex Pearce1
Jordan Clark1
Wish Brodie had been able to keep his form up, was going so well early and dropped right off. Hopefully can sustain it next year

Serong polling only 5 votes is sketchy but if he had polled better it would've only hurt Brayshaw's chances

Which is why, in my mind, the brownlow medal isn't as prestigious as the MVP. Would Lachie have won a brownlow at Freo? Probably not since there are other mids (i.e. Fyfe) who would take votes away. I know this is sacrilege to say, but part of the reason Fyfe was able to win two was because the lack of any other dominant mids on the team. Don't get me wrong, it's a great honor to win and the players who win are outstanding, but you're chances of winning go down the better your teammates are (in some sense). You need to be a top mid with good, but not great, talent around you. Look how Oliver and Petrraca split votes. I personally think the MVP is the award that should be celebrated.

Lol at this two bit comp gets suspended then gets turned over and wins the Brownlow how can a so called professional comp be so amateurish.
This competition has been a farce for a Very LONG time. Those tasked with officiating the game can't do that competently, nor can those selected to compile the rules. Then we have the corrupt MRP, the Grand Final being played solely at the MCG, a farcical goal review system..need I go on?

Hey, pal. He's the boss of the tribunal system. Prove me otherwise, or sit down, please.

Sole MRP officer.

That will do.
He's not the boss of anything.

He's in that positron because he's a compliant moron who does as he's told.

The tribunal and the appeal panel do not report to him, they report direct to the AFL. The MRP is just the first step in the process not the entire process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back