QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Aspley by 10 or less I reckon. I’m feeling 2008 AFL Grand Final vibes. I think they can get the Cats today. Up the Hornets!View attachment 1510115
Lol, I didn’t know how right my ”2008 Grand Final” prediction would be. Aspley blew the cats out in the end like the Hawks did in that GF. I always felt confident for Aspley today. Broadbeach on paper are the better team, and have been a great side for years, but I think the added pressure of being undefeated for the whole season and trying to go back to back just hurt them today. Plus the fact that the game was at Coorparoo didn’t help them. Their crowd was far out numbered, which was to be expected. Also I believe AFL Queensland and a lot of people didn’t give the Hornets enough credit this year. I remember the commentator said from the Redlands game at the end of last week “The Hornets have come from the clouds this season“. I was always telling my mates throughout the year that a lot of times in the previews on the AFL Queensland website the writers said stuff like “A lot is not known about this Aspley side for this season“. This team has played together in the NEAFL days and last year in the VFL, so I was always confident that we would pull through for this season. It doesn’t matter, I liked that we flew under the radar for this year. Anyway great season and can’t wait for next season. The QAFL keeps getting better.

Lol, I didn’t know how right my ”2008 Grand Final” prediction would be. Aspley blew the cats out in the end like the Hawks did in that GF. I always felt confident for Aspley today. Broadbeach on paper are the better team, and have been a great side for years, but I think the added pressure of being undefeated for the whole season and trying to go back to back just hurt them today. Plus the fact that the game was at Coorparoo didn’t help them. Their crowd was far out numbered, which was to be expected. Also I believe AFL Queensland and a lot of people didn’t give the Hornets enough credit this year. I remember the commentator said from the Redlands game at the end of last week “The Hornets have come from the clouds this season“. I was always telling my mates throughout the year that a lot of times in the previews on the AFL Queensland website the writers said stuff like “A lot is not known about this Aspley side for this season“. This team has played together in the NEAFL days and last year in the VFL, so I was always confident that we would pull through for this season. It doesn’t matter, I liked that we flew under the radar for this year. Anyway great season and can’t wait for next season. The QAFL keeps getting better.
yes good comments here,, agree with you

Jesus my Hornets were good today. Liam Dawson was a machine and everyone else played their role superbly.

I'd have to say that Broardbeach were a class side, majority of other teams would've caved under pressure. Most would go the biff because they would have nothing in the end to counteract a better side on the day.

I'd have to say that Broardbeach were a class side, majority of other teams would've caved under pressure. Most would go the biff because they would have nothing in the end to counteract a better side on the day.

The way yesterday went if there was any biff we would have lost that too 😀.

In all seriousness though even though it was a shocker for us I was proud of how the club conducted itself in the circumstances and I must say Aspley were very respectful and humble winners. They are a very good club, well led.

There’s no doubt the comp took a big step in standard this year and I expect it to get better again in 2023

The Broadbeach Cinderella’s strike again.
Make it the Major Ball but lose the Golden slipper!

Let’s not sugar coat the fact that they choked again & Aspley took the easy way out by not competing in the VFL, dropped down to the QAFL being a much less standard so should’ve won the Flag.

Noosa the big improvers & will climb up another couple spots next season.

I heard Winston Grange Major sponsor next season is Australia Post, both don’t deliver on Saturdays!

The Broadbeach Cinderella’s strike again.
Make it the Major Ball but lose the Golden slipper!

Let’s not sugar coat the fact that they choked again & Aspley took the easy way out by not competing in the VFL, dropped down to the QAFL being a much less standard so should’ve won the Flag.

Noosa the big improvers & will climb up another couple spots next season.

I heard Winston Grange Major sponsor next season is Australia Post, both don’t deliver on Saturdays!
So you think Aspley should have stayed in the vfl and get flogged every week, which they did last year?

Great win by Aspley - very very good coach is Webby. Think he's doubling up with the Lions AFLW girls again isn't he? Massive effort. No celebrating off to Melb tonight for tomorrows game!

I don't subscribe to the mantra that by losing a GF you may as well have not made it. I know which footy clubs will have done best this year financially, socially and the excitement that flowed through to their junior club and invariably they are the ones that played finals and went deep into finals irrespective of the final result.
How do you know which clubs have done best financially, socially and excitment through their junior club? Are you just basing it solely on finals placings?

How do you know which clubs have done best financially, socially and excitment through their junior club? Are you just basing it solely on finals placings?
No - just an assumption based on experience. I'm not saying every club but as a generalisation think that clubs that make the pointy end of the ladder consistently tend to then have the knock on effects of these 3 factors. Winning the premiership is the ultimate but success can be measured in many different ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lost for words,,, beaten all day, all over the ground . Whilst I must say we just were not on today and our unusual poor disposal saw the turnover of the ball on so many occassions. Then again as the saying goes , you only play as good as the opposition lets you.and must also say Aspley were brillant..Another surprise was the size of the crowd crowd, which was very vocalas well creating a good atmosphere.
Can you give us a ‘my Broady’ review please

Hear on the grapevine that Mt Gravatt are financially in trouble and may well bow out of the Qafl comp and hear that Coorparoo may well put their hand up to to enter the QAFL for 2023
Coorparoo have just won a flag after 5-6 years in the middle of the pack, they have some work to do id say to be in the conversation. That’s just on the field.

Noosa & Maroochydore were miles ahead of the pack over a long period and located in an area without qafl representation. Move made sense.

Would like to think any club that was bought in, the decision would be made much earlier than a few months before pre season so they have a chance at coming in & staying in.
Would also hope Aflq stood by an existing state league club in a difficult time if that even is the case. Plenty of clubs do it tough financially & make it work, has mt gravatt ever done well financially?

Im just reporting a conversation I had with a particular QAFL club Football Manager at the Grand Final on Saturday , ( and the person/ club is from a Brissbane based club ). This is a forum where we as a group of QAFL supporters can comment on all things heard and seen and this is what Im doing , In no way saying its correct but it creates response etc etc

Im just reporting a conversation I had with a particular QAFL club Football Manager at the Grand Final on Saturday , ( and the person/ club is from a Brissbane based club ). This is a forum where we as a group of QAFL supporters can comment on all things heard and seen and this is what Im doing , In no way saying its correct but it creates response etc etc
I reckon there are a few QAFL clubs in the hand to mouth category financially. But the great thing is each of these clubs seem to have fantastic volunteers who week in, week out, get the teams on the paddock.

BTW when does that new clubhouse start at Broady?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back