Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 was our best chance of a premiership and the way we were easily bundled out of finals should have had many on thin ice.

Jonathon Griffin should have played many more matches for the club.

Hilly was a s**t winger. Man people have short memories. There are probably a 100 pages of raging at Hill on here for being soft when he used to get tagged out of games.
Sending him inside out (and finally half back) saved his career.
You dont tag s**t wingers so what you're saying does not make any sense...

A team letting a player get tagged out of a game is at fault not a 19 year old Stephen Hill.

[takes a really deep breath]

1) We are the red-headed stepchild of the AFL & the WAFC, and neither of them wanted us,
2) We should have been awarded the AFLW Premiership in 2020,
3) Ryan Murphy should have won one (1) Coleman Medal,
4) I am the greatest moderator in the history of this board,
5) The Green Giant original away jumper is the greatest sporting uniform in history.

OK, it has been over ten years (nearly 13 in fact) but time to confess I once died on this Fremantle hill, up near the Roundhouse overlooking the beach and the wharves:

changes vs slime

Geez was I wrong...

Tho a few famous posters on here did have similar views back then...

Nah just perhaps another player who looks like he wants to play for the jumper.​
Watch the young fellas throwing their skinny bodies on the lone and then watch him.​
If you want that, good luck to you :thumbsu:
Spot on Lach. No player has ever looked liked they care less about the Freo jumper than one David f&cknuckle Mundy. Can't believe the flogs that are calling for Hill, Suban and DeBoer to be dropped in favour of the genuis that is Mundy, Hinkley, Murphy and Browne.​
I dont think our young blokes do that at all. We have one guy called Dean Sollomon who does that.​
The fact Mundy has resigned for us a couple of times suggests he does care for the jumper? Clearly he is a defender playing out of position in the midfield because we dont have any others?​
Bullsh*t. Just bullsh*t. Solly gives his all for the jumper every week, whereas Munndy is a weak flog who spent most of the Carlton, Adelaide and Brisbane games either in our midfield or our forward line.​
F%ckin drop the f%ckin weak pr^ck, Harvs.​
I think I've just about heard it all now :thumbsu:
Wait for when flog Bridesmaid and flog ChrisTooFlog get on here to defend Hinkley and Mundy - then you will have heard it all...​
My 12 y.o son got pushed over by his 10 y.o sister just before, and then had a whinge about it... his father rolled his eyes and muttered... "jesus, we'll have to start calling him David Mundy"... :rolleyes:
OUTSTANDING!! Actually, hang on, if he is 12 years old I really don't think that the Mundy excuse is appropriate - it really only applies for under 7s...​
And, seriously, Impy, I am sure that both your 12 year old son and your 10 year old daughter are (both individually and collectivelly) harder, gutsier and smarter (and probably better skilled) than flog Mundy.​

Last edited:
Crowden could have been the difference in a few of our wet game losses mid year.
If I recall correctly, your love for Jesse Crichton's hair was a slightly higher hill for you than the little mound of Mitch's Mud Misses...

OK, it has been over ten years (nearly 13 in fact) but time to confess I once died on this Fremantle hill, up near the Roundhouse overlooking the beach and the wharves:

changes vs slime

Geez was I wrong...

Tho a few famous posters on here did have similar views back then
Cbf searching but I’m pretty sure I said several times that Nick Suban would captain Freo one day. Thank f that didn’t happen 😂

Sean McManus went to ground more often than Hayden Ballantyne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I can't resist, a few other classics from that 2009 thread...

Luke should go back to CHB and the great man goes forward.

Mundy, I'd drop him at Peel with a sign around his neck

I'd shoot Mundy in the head just to make sure he never plays another game for us again. I counted 5 times that he refused to go in and get the ball by pulling up short from a contest. The guy is a deadset squib, and a slow squib at that.

While Campbell has absolutely no chance of playing for us next year, i'd prefer him over Murphy, and we need someone there.

My favourite Mundy moment came in the last, ball is 15 metres out from the Freo 50 and he stands there watching while Haselby slings his body across the wet floor. Was quite comical

Injuries ruined Apeness of a decent career.

The inability to draft forwards has and will continue to cost this club
In my first wafl game of my illustrious 3 game career Apeness went absolputly berserk. I'm a small forward so was parked next to the man and on a wet day he was ferociously crashing packs and marking it. Was incredible. He took 9 marks and kicked 3 goals in a tightly contested low scoring win as an 18 year old key forward in the wet. He had also only just moved over from rugby a couple years before this.

I was dead certain we were on to an absoloute superstar. Breaks my heart he never got a run at it.

And, FWIW, Mundy was actually initially dropped for the next game - but saved by injury to other players, played, got 14 disposals, kicked 1.2 and had two hitouts...

Meaning he both outscored Pav and had more hitouts than Pav.

Why couldn't I see Mundy's true promise...

And, FWIW, Mundy was actually initially dropped for the next game - but saved by injury to other players, played, got 14 disposals, kicked 1.2 and had two hitouts...

Meaning he both outscored Pav and had more hitouts than Pav.

Why couldn't I see Mundy's true promise...
You were drunk.

I miss Suban! He tackled like a junkyard dog on heat and was up for a scrap faster than you can say "tribunal"!
He’s still rolling around for Souths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back