List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but you don't draft a 24 year old to be a 3rd choice ruckman, nor do I think he would be happy to do it. Don't forget that at his age he has a life and is probably working a full time job. You are asking him to basically put his life on hold on the off chance that he might play a couple of games a year when Darcy inevitably gets injured.

You only draft a 24 year old (who will be 25 mid-season) if you need them now. If we want a 3rd choice ruckman we should be looking in the 20-22 age range that we can develop for a couple of years.
Then maybe he shouldn't enter the draft...

Said this before - absolutely bullshit we can have priority access to him given his his old man played at Claremont- aligned games to Freo, WA games, played for Fremantle as inaugural captain, coached the club when were custard and was a board member.
FFS….
Wikipedia says our clubs for F/S are South, East, Perth, Swans.

Hawthorn would also be spewing. Allan played 98 games for them.

Interesting how Allan, Fletcher and McGovern were all pretty short and produced much taller sons. Of course none of our 100 game players could produce such offspring.

Wikipedia says our clubs for F/S are South, East, Perth, Swans.

Hawthorn would also be spewing. Allan played 98 games for them.

Interesting how Allan, Fletcher and McGovern were all pretty short and produced much taller sons. Of course none of our 100 game players could produce such offspring.
Wikipedia contradicts the NGA alignment distribution and also the priority access players and clubs that Fremantle could select from when Freo started up - that’s the point I’m making.
Ben Allan - Ed Allan should qualify based on Fremantle and Claremont combined games alone.
I know he may be in the range of a pick we have at the time in the draft - but gee it would be great to get a free kick - for once….
I just hope the club has asked the question.

Wikipedia contradicts the NGA alignment distribution and also the priority access players and clubs that Fremantle could select from when Freo started up - that’s the point I’m making.
Ben Allan - Ed Allan should qualify based on Fremantle and Claremont combined games alone.
I know he may be in the range of a pick we have at the time in the draft - but gee it would be great to get a free kick - for once….
I just hope the club has asked the question.

It’s 100 afl games OR 150(?) WAFL games, it’s not “AND”.

If we somehow get Pick 15 from doggies as part of lobb trade then i wonder if we would take Busslinger

Should be AND - his WAFL games were prior to Fremantle being formed - can’t see that ???
1) That's not the criteria as far as I'm aware, i.e. it is always described as 'OR'
2) Claremont isn't part of Fremantle's WAFL eligibility is it?

"The Eagles are aligned to Claremont, East Perth, West Perth and Subiaco, while Fremantle have access to players from South Fremantle, East Fremantle, Perth and Swan Districts."

Should be AND - his WAFL games were prior to Fremantle being formed - can’t see that ???
In my opinion this is the ultimate point of condecture with the father/son for Freo. How the hell can someone like Ben Allen make up the 100 games for Freo when he played a fair portion of games in the WAFL before Freo existed? Surely those games should count? This league is a sham.

In my opinion this is the ultimate point of condecture with the father/son for Freo. How the hell can someone like Ben Allen make up the 100 games for Freo when he played a fair portion of games in the WAFL before Freo existed? Surely those games should count? This league is a sham.
AFL was so worried about the SA dynastic footy families they made the threshold for those clubs 250 games.

1) That's not the criteria as far as I'm aware, i.e. it is always described as 'OR'
2) Claremont isn't part of Fremantle's WAFL eligibility is it?

"The Eagles are aligned to Claremont, East Perth, West Perth and Subiaco, while Fremantle have access to players from South Fremantle, East Fremantle, Perth and Swan Districts."
Go back and check when Freo were formed - Souths, East Freo, Claremont and Swans from memory. I am probably older than you and can remember- or maybe the opposite????
I was playing colts at Claremont before 1991 and I remember this to be the way it was???

Go back and check when Freo were formed - Souths, East Freo, Claremont and Swans from memory. I am probably older than you and can remember- or maybe the opposite????
I was playing colts at Claremont before 1991 and I remember this to be the way it was???
Definitely the former, I have no actual memory of which clubs were aligned, only reporting.

Edit: This from 2008 is a little clearer, and suggests the 150 game WAFL rule no longer applies regardless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does freo have an eye on anyone in the WAFL colts GF tomorrow?. From West Perth, I would think Jasper Scaife. Maybe Kane Bevan (who won the Jack Clarke medal earlier this week). Both Scaife and Bevan are likely to be in our range. Late roughy..............Byron (we need another Byron) Sherwood starting to rack up some good figures for WP. Who are our colts draft watchers here?

Does freo have an eye on anyone in the WAFL colts GF tomorrow?. From West Perth, I would think Jasper Scaife. Maybe Kane Bevan (who won the Jack Clarke medal earlier this week). Both Scaife and Bevan are likely to be in our range. Late roughy..............Byron (we need another Byron) Sherwood starting to rack up some good figures for WP. Who are our colts draft watchers here?

Freo will have a lot of interest in Scaife as he is part of the NGA.

If we somehow get Pick 15 from doggies as part of lobb trade then i wonder if we would take Busslinger
How would you fit him in the best 22 in his 2nd year? I can't.

Hamling looks like he may provide some KPD depth in his twilight. Perhaps a later pick on a developing defender at best for me.

Around 15 I would look at small forwards, or possibly go early on Allan. Dream world is Phillipou slides.

Scaife isn't playing this week, not sure of the reason why but I'm sure there'll be someone here who knows

For 2022 you've got Kane Bevan, tall midfielder and Luke Michael who's a reliable half back (personal favourite of mine) from West Perth. For Peel there is Jackson Broadbent (The ruck/forward) who should probably still get drafted as well as Josh Draper who I know a few on here are still holding out hope for. Tregenza-Cashell also playing but I'm not a fan

The grand final is a gold mine for 2023 players though. Reece Torrent, Mitch Edwards (Freo NGA), Clay Hall and Ethan Logan are all really good. Edwards is a tall ruckman in a Luke Jackson sort of mould that we'll likely miss out on if he keeps his form next year. Ethan Logan and Reece Torrent are both players who can play multiple positions (Logan is probably playing as a tall defender but has played forward in the past, Torrent can play anywhere from half back to the forward line) and Clay Hall is a really good inside mid. Eli Alexander is a pretty reliable goal kicking tall forward from West Perth but I don't have too much notes on him other than that

If there are any smokies to keep an eye on it'd be Daniel Gathercole and Griff Julian (West Perth, 2022) who both made the WA squad this year. Joel Rush (Peel Thunder, 2022) is a pretty handy wingman and has been consistent all year and has his fans. I also have a soft spot for Mitchell Lonnie from West Perth because I had a handful of notes on him earlier in the year but besides that he's mostly been a consistent cog in a winning Colts side

Players like Jack Demarte and Noah Farrow from West Perth will probably kick a few goals in the grand final. I'm not a fan of them personally but expect their names to come up in this thread from people watching. Same goes for Michael Sellwood who's a pretty good but nothing special over-age mid for Peel Thunder

Also Noah Pegoraro will be playing in the seniors for West Perth, if we look at a mature tall defender in this years draft we can't really go wrong with him

It sounds like Elijah Hewett is now a late first round pick, potentially even into the second round.
Would we grab him if he was available to us?
And what is the latest on Jed Hagan, surely after playing WAFL colts since he was 15, he’ll get drafted?

If something like 13 + f1 for Jackson and 15 for lobb + something? happens could we pick up busslinger at 15? And if so would he be the best pick for us since we just lost logue?

If something like 13 + f1 for Jackson and 15 for lobb + something? happens could we pick up busslinger at 15? And if so would he be the best pick for us since we just lost logue?
If we get a choice at 15 I’d rather a forward or at least a forward mid.
The club will pick the best available talent at 15 anyway, it’s been shown often enough now

Colts GF qtr time update.
After two early goals (within 2 minutes) to the falcons Peel now lead 3.4 22 to 2.0 12.
Seems like a lot of players will be gassed by the last. Lots of high pressure tackling, transition counter attacks and long running.
Streaming on 7plus if anyone is unsure how to watch it.

Colts GF qtr time update.
After two early goals (within 2 minutes) to the falcons Peel now lead 3.4 22 to 2.0 12.
Seems like a lot of players will be gassed by the last. Lots of high pressure tackling, transition counter attacks and long running.
Streaming on 7plus if anyone is unsure how to watch it.
Reece Torrent and Clay Hall been great while Dom Dravitzki been a surprise. Broadbent's kick just before the siren was a beauty

West Perth boys been mostly disappointing since their first two goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back