Autopsy Match Simulation, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Demons

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How long was he in charge of the footy department ?

I struggle to see what he achieved that deserved a promotion

came in late then in his first year had to decide if we should sack Richo or not. He decided not too and instead put more support around him. He poached Ratten from Hawthorn to help Richo. Didnt seem too happy with trout. Started to get very active in the trade market. We were linked to Lycett, Hanners and another player i cannot remember. We brought in Hanners on big coin. By coincidence Hanners had a connection to Lethers. Hanners had struggled with soft tissue injury and form at sydney and was seen to be "gettable". Around the same time Gubby is brought to the club. Caro has a crack at the boys club at St Kilda... from some old uni blues club or some college (forget the name, where they all circle from), hanners dad included. She names the group of em sitting on some random hill at the footy, says it's bit worrying.

Then next season decides we've had enough of richo and sacks him for Ratten. We under went a "process" led by Rath who was at AFL HQ at that point. Rath is then appointed head of footy. We lose some assistant coaches, but we roll with lade as 2IC. Lose kingsley to Richmond.

We sack Trout and go to "market". We replace Trout with an untried banker from SA who by coincidence was also mates with Lethers, 2nd time this happened.

Under gags we go under a list approach of trading in ready made players rather than hitting the draft. decided to pay up big for an outside player despite there being issues with inside attacking mids. bring in Jones... Butler... trade a first for combo of Howard and Ryder. Has a disasterous members Q&A session where they boldly state fitness is not an issue, Rath even claims to have the data to support that argument. later on they state fitness was an issue at the end of the season, replaces head of fitness.

Back ratten in. Wheels fall off. Give him an extension anyways mid year for 2 years... Finnis went on radio explaining they didnt want the super coach in clarko and saw the team of ratten to be collectively better. only to sack him less than 3 months later. Replace him with Ross Lyon whos been out of the game for years and hadn't made finals since 2015, almost a decade ago. Replace Gags with Gubby and SOS, also a mate of Lyon. bring in Misson mate of Lyons to be above the new head of fitness. Bring in Walsh as new head of footy, leaves literally weeks later. Bring Hayes out of retirement to be a midfield senior assistant. Brings in harvey from pies/carlton. Brings in untried goddard. now Ross Lyon's boss is a bloke who he brought to the club... like how is there ever going to be any accountability with that dynamic.

like seriously its an absolute cluster ****. its directionless. stinks of playing super coach with an AFL side and now that it hasn't worked, they're falling back to nostalgia because according to Caro the president was sold the idea by Eddie McGuire on a Yacht with a bunch of past players and ex presidents.

its rank. it stinks.

Last edited:

erection GIF

TANK! TANK NOW!

I'm responding to the comment that we are expecting too much from Owens, which is true. He's a second year player and we are bereft of leadership so cling to any player that shows a glimpse.
If you read the conversation though, we were discussing the position he's been asked to play

Fans getting over excited about young players is nothing new

Can't say I'm too upset about the coaches backing young blokes and giving them opportunities though

came in late then in his first year had to decide if we should sack Richo or not. He decided not too and instead put more support around him. He poached Ratten from Hawthorn to help Richo. Didnt seem too happy with trout. Started to get very active in the trade market. We were linked to Lycett, Hanners and another player i cannot remember. We brought in Hanners or big coin. By coincidence Hanners had a connection to Lethers. Hanners had struggled with soft tissue injury and form at sydney and was seen to be "gettable". Gubby is brought to the club. Caro has a crack at the boys club at St Kilda of the old uni blues or some college (forget the name, where they all circle from), hanners dad included. She names the group of em sitting on some random hill at the footy.

Then next season decides we've had enough of richo and sacks him for Ratten. We under went a "process" led by Rath who was at AFL HQ at that point. Rath is then appointed head of footy. We lose some assistant coaches, but we role with lade as 2IC. Lose kingsley to Richmond.

We sack Trout and go to "market". We replace Trout with an untried banker from SA who by coincidence was also mates with Lethers, 2nd time this happened.

Under gags we go under a list approach of trading in ready made players rather than hitting the draft. decided to pay up big for an outside player despite there being issues with inside attacking mids. bring in Jones... Butler... trade a first for combo of Howard and Ryder. Has a disasterous members Q&A session where they boldly state fitness is not an issue, Rath even claims to have the data to support that argument. they state fitness was an issue at the end of the season, replaces head of fitness.

Back ratten in. Wheels fall off. Give him an extension anyways mid year for 2 years... only to sack him less than 3 months later. Replace him with Ross Lyon whos been out of the game for years and hadn't made finals since 2015, almost a decade ago. Replace Gags with Gubby and SOS, also a mate of Lyon. bring in Misson mate of Lyons to be above the new head of fitness. Bring in Walsh as new head of footy, leaves literally weeks later. Bring Hayes out of retirement to be a midfield senior assistant. Brings in harvey from pies/carlton. Brings in untried goddard.

like seriously its an absolute cluster *. its directionless. stinks of playing super coach with an AFL side and now that it hasn't worked, they're falling back to nostalgia because according to Caro the president was sold the idea by Eddie McGuire on a Yacht with a bunch of past players and ex presidents.

its rank. it stinks.
The world is ending. Unfortunately or fortunately that’s all in the past and now irrelevant but let’s bang on about it just to hang more crap on people and the club. The other option is to look at what has happened as ceo but hey that could be positive but no you find fault as expected. And even slightly blaming him for getting Walsh and then him leaving is just pathetic. Getting him was a great move. Him leaving was impossible for anyone to know. Hayes out of retirement? What a load of crap. Maybe it’s just me but if I had the footy experience you seem to have I’d give the game away even though I love the club. Luckily I don’t look for fault in the past and go on about it and even in the current chose words that make decisions look bad when nearly everybody outside the clubs finds the decisions as positive.

This is my take on his performance as ceo. Get Lyon in who has a fantastic record for a coach who hasn’t one a flag. By far and away the best available. Get Lenny back into coaching which he has been wanting to do for the last year. How many here called for him to come back. Most I’d say. Get bj back to the club. May or may not be a good coach but big deal getting an untried coach. Every club does that. Get mission back who has been with Melbourne just before they won the flag. And he was in charge in our best period since 1966. Get Walsh. Fantastic get. Very unlucky to lose him. Hindsighters see fault in his appointment. Get Harvey back. A coach with senior coaching experience. We have been calling for an assistant like that for years. No idea about SOS or gags but being a mate of Lyons shouldn’t be an issue after all you claim leathers was a mate of gags yet he got him replaced. Interesting. Wow. It’s amazing how a few different words makes his ceo performance look excellent in his first 6 months.

Last edited:
If you read the conversation though, we were discussing the position he's been asked to play

Can't say I'm too upset about the coaches backing young blokes and giving them opportunities though
I did read the conversation? We're expecting too much of him is the point, right? Which I agree with.

I don't get this theory, Pies change coach and game plan and they reach a prelim.

Geelong change game plan and win a flag.

Why is it different for our list?
Pies have a young list can change easily since they aren’t already familiar with a system. Cats are an old team who are experienced professionals who can simply change their game plan and adapt.

The world is ending. Unfortunately or fortunately that’s all in the past and now irrelevant but let’s bang on about it just to hang more crap on people and the club. The other option is to look at what has happened as ceo but hey that could be positive but no you find fault as expected. And even slightly blaming him for getting Walsh and then him leaving is just pathetic. Getting him was a great move. Him leaving was impossible for anyone to know. Hayes out of retirement? What a load of crap. Maybe it’s just me but if I had the footy experience you seem to have I’d give the game away even though I love the club. Luckily I don’t look for fault in the past and go on about it and even in the current chose words that make decisions look bad when nearly everybody outside the clubs finds the decisions as positive.

This is my take on his performance as ceo. Get Lyon in who has a fantastic record for a coach who hasn’t one a flag. By far and away the best available. Get Lenny back into coaching which he has been wanting to do for the last year. How many here called for him to come back. Most I’d say. Get bj back to the club. May or may not be a good coach but big deal getting an untried coach. Every club does that. Get mission back who has been with Melbourne just before they won the flag. And he was in charge in our best period since 1966. Get Walsh. Fantastic get. Very unlucky to lose him. Hindsighters see fault in his appointment. Get Harvey back. A coach with senior coaching experience. We have been calling for an assistant like that for years. No idea about SOS or gags but being a mate of Lyons shouldn’t be an issue after all you claim leathers was a mate of gags yet he got him replaced. Interesting. Wow. It’s amazing how a few different words makes his ceo performance look excellent in his first 6 months.
Some people just need a narrative to complain about. Looks like if things aren't going well this year it will be Lethlean's fault followed closely be Misson.

Some people just need a narrative to complain about. Looks like if things aren't going well this year it will be Lethlean's fault followed closely be Misson.
It will certainly be someone still at the club even if they complained previously about the problem being someone who the ceo got rid of.

came in late then in his first year had to decide if we should sack Richo or not. He decided not too and instead put more support around him. He poached Ratten from Hawthorn to help Richo. Didnt seem too happy with trout. Started to get very active in the trade market. We were linked to Lycett, Hanners and another player i cannot remember. We brought in Hanners or big coin. By coincidence Hanners had a connection to Lethers. Hanners had struggled with soft tissue injury and form at sydney and was seen to be "gettable". Gubby is brought to the club. Caro has a crack at the boys club at St Kilda of the old uni blues or some college (forget the name, where they all circle from), hanners dad included. She names the group of em sitting on some random hill at the footy.

Then next season decides we've had enough of richo and sacks him for Ratten. We under went a "process" led by Rath who was at AFL HQ at that point. Rath is then appointed head of footy. We lose some assistant coaches, but we role with lade as 2IC. Lose kingsley to Richmond.

Under gags we go under a list approach of trading in ready made players rather than hitting the draft. decided to pay up big for an outside player despite there being issues with inside attacking mids. bring in Jones... Butler... trade a first for combo of Howard and Ryder. Has a disasterous members Q&A session where they boldly state fitness is not an issue, Rath even claims to have the data to support that argument. they state fitness was an issue at the end of the season, replaces head of fitness.

Back ratten in. Wheels fall off. Give him an extension anyways mid year for 2 years... only to sack him less than 3 months later. Replace him with Ross Lyon whos been out of the game for years and hadn't made finals since 2015, almost a decade ago. Replace Gags with Gubby and SOS, also a mate of Lyon. bring in Misson mate of Lyons to be above the new head of fitness. Bring in Walsh as new head of footy, leaves literally weeks later. Bring Hayes out of retirement to be a midfield senior assistant. Brings in harvey from pies/carlton. Brings in untried goddard.

like seriously its an absolute cluster *. its directionless. stinks of playing super coach with an AFL side and now that it hasn't worked, they're falling back to nostalgia because according to Caro the president was sold the idea by Eddie McGuire on a Yacht with a bunch of past players and ex presidents.

its rank. it stinks.
Well typed dopey. Real keyboard warrior style.... the facts are we’ve 1 premiership in almost 150 years, so whatever moves around coaches or management that we make will be ridiculed. Rather than chime in with a low IQ analysis why don’t you sit back and actually see what happens this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only we had GT's doctor mate on the board to help with all these injuries. Another huge opportunity missed by the club.
Don’t think we’ve had anyone lose a tooth since Zac knocked out Buddy’s….fat lot of good a dentist would have been to us.

Uh yeh, I know…was agreeing with you and adding to it….
I didn’t really believe that having him on the board would’ve helped the injury situation…🙄

Its amazing what 1 practice match and a poor showing creates on this forum. A change in game plans/styles takes time, so lets give RTB the chance to work through this, until he at least gets the group playing how he wants. All those close to the club said there might be a bedding in period, which looks to be the case. We have major holes in our list even when all our players are available, but as the injury list continues to grow things arent going to get easier.

Lets be realistic our current list is not going to win a flag this year. If we can develop some of these promising kids and continue to grab talent via the draft then we might be a chance in a couple of years. In the interim hopefully we can be competitive, but until we can get somewhere near our best side on the field we might continue to struggle like last year.

I do believe RTB is a smarter coach than Ratten, but like Ratts he will need his best players available and major improvements in the list going forward.

We all wish the best from the young players , however we all know the best is ahead of them and the kids we picked up could well entrench themselves in the side but they will be fighting for there spot's like everyone else.

If our team finally gets it together - Hill plays how we know he can play , Crouch , Steele , Sinclair , Wilkie continue play good consistent football and the players who have the ability to tear teams apart start performing it's going to be hard to fit all the kids in the team.
Marshall , Howard , Gresham , Membery , Butler , King have a good consistent season the club will a good season.

There is no one left he has sacked everyone at the club - he is that last man standing

Ever tried the Carlton Cold Brewed? I kind of like it.
Most of the beer is brewed, kegged or bottled , then heated to above 80 degrees to kill any bugs , then stored or shipped at ambient temperature.
Cold Brewed is brewed then refrigerated, and kept cold during transport and storage at specific pubs that have the refrigerated tanks.

You can definitely taste the difference, very different to the regular Carlton.
I believe the proper term for that is a Larger.
Larger yeast beer is brewed at 4°C

Well typed dopey. Real keyboard warrior style.... the facts are we’ve 1 premiership in almost 150 years, so whatever moves around coaches or management that we make will be ridiculed. Rather than chime in with a low IQ analysis why don’t you sit back and actually see what happens this year?

oh the irony

If Clark in the midfield doesn’t work out I reckon you’d have to give serious consideration to moving him back to a HBF and playing Sincs predominantly in the midfield.

Clark is too good to be playing in the VFL and maybe HBF is just his spot. He’s still got plenty of scope to be very very good there.

Him Coff and Wang could be a very good rebounding trio back there and all are 186cm and above, so will be competitive in the air/an intercepting threat.
I like Clark but him taking Sinclair’s spot on half back is a super downgrade. Way slower not as creative. Not a run and carry type half back. Replacing an AA in a position with an inconsistent out of position player

I like Clark but him taking Sinclair’s spot on half back is a super downgrade. Way slower not as creative. Not a run and carry type half back. Replacing an AA in a position with an inconsistent out of position player

100% he just doesnt have any real production. sinclair not only can defend (something Clark has no desire to do) but he's incredibly damaging with the ball.

Back