Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking about it during the game.
He seems to be that type of athlete that doesn't need too do a big pre season.
He looks naturally physically gifted.
If that's the case there shouldn't be a problem getting him too 100 games.

How good was the defensive mark he took almost in Carlton’s goal square. He sat under a high ball with blues players running at him. He drops it and very good chance for Carlton to score, instead snaffles it and relieves pressure.
Everything is so laconic about him which helps in those situations.

Was thinking about it during the game.
He seems to be that type of athlete that doesn't need too do a big pre season.
He looks naturally physically gifted.
If that's the case there shouldn't be a problem getting him too 100 games.

I liked that article I read with Isaac Smith saying all premiership players should automatically be added to the father / son rule.

Only decent thing I've heard coming from sleepy hollow.

I liked that article I read with Isaac Smith saying all premiership players should automatically be added to the father / son rule.

Good idea.

How good was the defensive mark he took almost in Carlton’s goal square. He sat under a high ball with blues players running at him. He drops it and very good chance for Carlton to score, instead snaffles it and relieves pressure.
Was right in front of me , right in front of me

Was right in front of me , right in front of me

#willneverstopmakingmecrackribs

right-in-front-of-me.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Use the AFLW approach: 1 game?

That way we can get Hollands' kids.

RFC's recent history has been Naish. MRJ & Broderick in the VFL.

The humble jet this bloke.

Bloody lucky to have him.

Tough as nails and goes 100% at the footy every time.

Can't imagine what Dimma see in him? 😉

I’ve liked Marlion up forward. He has a great leap and loves a contest. As he gets more used to the role, I think his kicking into the 50 with prove useful.

There was just a couple times where you see him not chase a defender going for a quick one two but I’m sure the coaching stafff will be all over that.

Think this will be a very important move for 2023.

I’ve liked Marlion up forward. He has a great leap and loves a contest. As he gets more used to the role, I think his kicking into the 50 with prove useful.

There was just a couple times where you see him not chase a defender going for a quick one two but I’m sure the coaching stafff will be all over that.

Think this will be a very important move for 2023.
Taking one for the team. Doing what Cumberland wasn't, hitting the contest, chasing down and contesting etc. Not a slight on Cumberland, he's just learning the caper, but Pickett is experienced enough to know what to do. Plus he's a Hardwick scrapper, like Mansell.

Not like you to criticise Marlion's play!?
Just thought he had opportunities to make Geelol pay and let it slip

Couple of almost markes a few times he just didnt look like he made the right choice and was easy out for the cats from the backline

I love Marlion but didnt believe it was 1 of his better games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back