Review Where’s Biff? Dees v Handbaggers: Good, bad and fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I completely miss Goodwin's presser?
It has just been on.

Just talking about not handling the pressure.

Has said “they ramped up their pressure” 3 times in the first 2 minutes.

He’s walking away with mixed emotions because he was happy with the first 3 quarters.

The only difference was they were more efficient in that fourth quarter (emphasised just the fourth)

Again just saying we didn’t sustain it. No mention of being out coached, or did he think about trying something different in the forward line

Asked about our finishing, leaving a few out there in the last 3 or 4 weeks

Oliver - a lot been spoken, a lot is incorrect. Hammy, infected foot, training for last 8 days with a tight hammy, scans tomorrow.
”hopeful it’s ok”. The other rubbish out there is garbage.

Thats it for hard hitting questions..

It has just been on.

Just talking about not handling the pressure.

Has said “they ramped up their pressure” 3 times in the first 2 minutes.

He’s walking away with mixed emotions because he was happy with the first 3 quarters.

The only difference was they were more efficient in that fourth quarter (emphasised just the fourth)

Again just saying we didn’t sustain it. No mention of being out coached, or did he think about trying something different in the forward line

Asked about our finishing, leaving a few out there in the last 3 or 4 weeks

Oliver - a lot been spoken, a lot is incorrect. Hammy, infected foot, training for last 8 days with a tight hammy, scans tomorrow.
”hopeful it’s ok”. The other rubbish out there is garbage.

Thats it for hard hitting questions..
He’s a dingbat if he was happy with the first quarter, should’ve been 3-4 goals down at quarter time.

Goody going pretty strong clipping the Oliver rumours and I completely agree with him. You'd have to be some kind of flog to spread rumours about players stEdy
Not saying this one is, but it feels like more often than not, in afl industry, where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Good on him for brining it up and 100% confirming it’s crap.

shame he’s s**t at just about everything else in the role

Goody going pretty strong clipping the Oliver rumours and I completely agree with him. You'd have to be some kind of flog to spread rumours about players stEdy
Evening. I haven’t heard the rumours, but would like to know what they are. But I understand if no one wants to elaborate on that. Was super impressed with goody rubbish these rumours in the presser.

Bring back the days of coaches ripping into players, not these modern coaches that give them a shoulder rub after a hard game.

Evening. I haven’t heard the rumours, but would like to know what they are. But I understand if no one wants to elaborate on that. Was super impressed with goody rubbish these rumours in the presser.
Rumours that Oliver is out of the side because he's been hitting the baggies/partying/being unprofessional and the strain/blister is a convenient cover.

Rumours that Oliver is out of the side because he's been hitting the baggies/partying/being unprofessional and the strain/blister is a convenient cover.
Yeah right. I would not of thought so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“We lost to the premiers on their home ground”

Legit this guy has no standards at all

Tick for me on Goody bingo, knew he'd bring that up that they were premiers last year. It sounds better saying that than we lost to the team that is tenth on the ladder.

Love how he opens the presser saying we played a style that suited the conditions well, like we have a different style and shifted to that one specifically for the conditions. ..😂

The one out I’ll give them is the mixed results of teams coming off the bye and our game being Geelong in Geelong straight up. But it feels like we are a 4th-6th side this year.

Good: Confirmation that we are mentally fragile and can't beat the average teams but beat Collingwood
Bad:petracca's foot skills.
Ugly: The team doing Sweet F all when Stewart pushed an injured Viney. We're a bunch of softies. Embarrassingly weak.

The one out I’ll give them is the mixed results of teams coming off the bye and our game being Geelong in Geelong straight up. But it feels like we are a 4th-6th side this year.
Meh, losers make excuses and winners win. We have had more excuses than wins lately.

Let’s face reality. Goodwin fluked a flag off the back of Roos’ genius and now we’re stuck with the campaigner.

Robotic, unimaginative coach of middling intelligence at best.

Last edited:
Love how he opens the presser saying we played a style that suited the conditions well, like we have a different style and shifted to that one specifically for the conditions. ..😂
We do, we played it in rounds 1 and 3. Boy you’d better believe that one’s up our sleeve for the third quarter of the 6 v 7 elimination final against the Bombers at Marvel

What concerns me is the attitude around the club is near enough is good enough. After we lost to Freo and Gawn said ‘15 clubs would kill to be in our position’ that rang alarm bells.
Completely true. The ruthlessness that Goodwin and Gawn spoke about frequently has essentially morphed into a painful self-confidence. They genuinely believe we're the best team in it, and just need to play better.

What concerns me is the attitude around the club is near enough is good enough. After we lost to Freo and Gawn said ‘15 clubs would kill to be in our position’ that rang alarm bells.
So frustrating. After beating Collingwood Gawn said something like: "we've lost a few games, but that's normal, what we did the previous year winning ten in a row is not normal".

Sure ok you can't win every game but that's not an excuse for putting in lacklustre efforts.

You gotta play a few good games in a row to win a flag. Beating the Pies was huge, but it takes the gloss off it getting our arse handed to us in our very next game.
We had a few good games last year too, but we never backed it up.

Just want to see a really nice block of form. If we're serious we should win all of the Lions, Adelaide & Richmond games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back