FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's frustratingly vague. I was a fan of sci-fi shows from the 90s and had a look for lesser known ones but couldn't match any.
yeah be nice if purple can think of any more details so we can sleuth

ok so you're entire description apart from Sci Fi and a dead actor was wrong

cool had no hope
Dean Stockwell is indeed dead but not bald, Scott Bakula has worked pretty much consistently since then, including in two of the world's biggest franchises. This was my favourite show as a kid and I had no chance of guessing :tearsofjoy:

My memory was a little hazy. I wonder why its not available for streaming. I want the origional.
welcome to the reality of streaming where most stuff isnt available anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it because they want to pronote the new series or for woke reasons
just bog standard boring digital licensing stupidity I would have thought

Just finished s2 of The Bear. I didn’t but if you find the first half of eps a little slow stick with it …brilliant tv in second half incl some outstanding performances from guest appearances.
Yeah we are 3 episodes in and both of us have said 'not much going on so far....'

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Special Ops: Lioness (Paramount+)

It's a propaganda piece about the US spying and military involvement in Syria - probably sponsored by the DoD and CIA's entertainment liaison offices. Production values are good. As you would expect from Taylor Sheridan it's entertaining and well put together. As always, Zoe Saldaña puts in a good performance. The dialog is fairly cliched.

My biggest problem with it is the suspension of disbelief. The other main character is played by Laysla De Oliveira. We are asked to believe this skinny armed woman (53kg) can beat all the male marines in the fitness tests and hand-to-hand combat. It's what The Critical Drinker has highlighted about 'strong females characters' in modern shows and movies. There's no arc where she struggles to compete against the men then overcomes it, like in GI Jane. She goes from domestic violence victim, flipper of burgers to kickass, undercover, Arabic-speaking US marine without even a montage. Low ranking marines take a private jet to Syria? OK. There's the obligatory tick box of a mixed race relationship and you can be sure there will be a lesbian character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back