Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a time zone 6 hrs behind AEST. I log in every morning and come to this thread hoping to see some weird ass hypotheticals which has us somehow converting a pick in the 60s to pick 5 and a gun player. Today every page is discussing some number curse! Stick to the topic fellas!
This was post 6777, baaaad juju.

Then no one is taking Haynes without a first rounder attached. He will be staying at GWS. There is not one club stupid enough to pay him over 1 million without that pick being involved.
Stating this with absolute certainty doesn't make it true. I'm sure that GWS would love to offload Haynes' contract, but there is no salary cap crisis at GWS (it's been explained twice by Cal Twomey that the CBA increase is bringing cap relief across the comp).

They have so many options with his contract. They could pay part of his salary elsewhere or they could extend his contract and renegotiate the terms. They won't pay pick 12 for the privilege of giving away a foundation player. That's last resort, fold-the-club stuff, i.e. Gold Coast.

Stating this with absolute certainty doesn't make it true. I'm sure that GWS would love to offload Haynes' contract, but there is no salary cap crisis at GWS (it's been explained twice by Cal Twomey that the CBA increase is bringing cap relief across the comp).

They have so many options with his contract. They could pay part of his salary elsewhere or they could extend his contract and renegotiate the terms. They won't pay pick 12 for the privilege of giving away a foundation player. That's last resort, fold-the-club stuff, i.e. Gold Coast.
Mate, the Haynes talk didn't come from Hawks or any other club though. İt's from GWS sending out the feelers to see who'd be interested! With a million dollars on his head there's no way at his age, is any club out there gonna bite. Even if it's not pick 12, they would have to sweeten the deal for the club interested. They can keep him if they want, unless they off load him for future fourth or third, plus pay half his salary which again, is stupid business anyway. This way, our proposal, gets him off their hands plus his huge contract for a pick they shouldn't need!

Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Haynes, Kelly, Himmelberg all on huge contracts.
Green, Taylor, Callaghan, Hogan, Perryman all either on or looking to be on pretty big contracts soon. That's 11 players taking a huge chunk of the TPP, with most on long term deals. A rise in the TPP is not going to be saving them when essentially every player will be demanding that same % rise as an increase on their contract

Just a thought. Our 2nd round pick (Doggies 2nd round pick) and future 3rd round pick for Ricardi and Haynes. We take on say 75% of Haynes contract. Seems fair to me but maybe I have on the brown and gold glasses.
What happens to the GWS draft pick? I very much understand we are not interested without the pick.

Just a thought. Our 2nd round pick (Doggies 2nd round pick) and future 3rd round pick for Ricardi and Haynes. We take on say 75% of Haynes contract. Seems fair to me but maybe I have on the brown and gold glasses.
I don’t think you are wearing your brown and gold glasses. Why would we do that?

We don't get Ricardi and a draft pick. Just speculative as Ricardi and Haynes both want to have to come to Hawthorn.
We are not interested in a 31+ year old player without the pick.
As I understand it, the individual has had an offer which ticks all the outstanding boxes. We approached the individual at the behest and encouragement of the GWS. The matter is very much in the court of GWS. If they are not stressed by an overshoot of their salary cap so be it, but I understand it is not the case.

We are not interested in a 31+ year old player without the pick.
As I understand it, the individual has had an offer which ticks all the outstanding boxes. The matter is very much in the court of GWS. If they are not stressed by an overshoot of their salary cap so be it, but I understand it is not the case.
It's not about Haynes. It's about getting Ricardi who I think is a serious talent. I'm not sure where GWS/Ricardi are at with their contract negotiations but until then we should be going hard after him. Packinging him up with Haynes is maybe a way we can convince GWS to make a trade.

It's not about Haynes. It's about getting Ricardi who I think is a serious talent. I'm not sure where GWS/Ricardi are at with their contract negotiations but until then we should be going hard after him. Packinging him up with Haynes is maybe a way we can convince GWS to make a trade.
I have info on Riccardi and the GWS counter offer. I understand we are still ahead. Let’s leave it at that, but he loves his coach. Kingsley wants to keep him.

Four weeks ago I believed getting Riccardi was critical to our growth and the development of our List. Particularly, as a young forward line developed.

Regardless of the form of Kosi, I am still of that opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the CBA increase, increase everyone’s wage already on the List?

I have info on Riccardi and the GWS counter offer. I understand we are still ahead. Let’s leave it at that, but he loves his coach. Kingsley wants to keep him.

Four weeks ago I believed getting Riccardi was critical to our growth and the development of our List. Particularly, as a young forward line developed.

Regardless of the form of Kosi, I am still of that opinion.

So is it fair to say we are very much in the race for both Haynes + pick and Riccardi either separately or as a package?

Blues-Brothers-in-Church.gif

Okay, nice try Cal/Cal’s sidekick, I’m not going to watch your show.

Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Haynes, Kelly, Himmelberg all on huge contracts.
Green, Taylor, Callaghan, Hogan, Perryman all either on or looking to be on pretty big contracts soon. That's 11 players taking a huge chunk of the TPP, with most on long term deals. A rise in the TPP is not going to be saving them when essentially every player will be demanding that same % rise as an increase on their contract
It doesn't hang together. Haynes is on big money for next year only. We don't know what those players are getting next year, and the youngsters are already contracted for next year. The market for KPDs across the comp is very healthy, Haynes is a good player. They will easily find a suitor for him that will probably smooth out his contract to 600k over 2 years.
Mate correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the CBA increase, increase everyone’s wage already on the List?
TPP increases by 10% as part of the deal. Twomey says: "Not all of that 10% will be available in the salary cap to go and throw at players, because players' contracts have built in triggers that will see them take 3-5% of that, but I think it should mean clubs have an extra 700-900k". He's said two weeks running on Gettable specifically that the Haynes deal won't involve their first round pick.
Okay, nice try Cal/Cal’s sidekick, I’m not going to watch your show.
I actually find him pretty obnoxious. I guess that's self-loathing for you.

Let's talk Riccardi!

Do we need to chase a key forward like him? Compares statistically with Kosi, and Brandon Ryan seems a much better prospect.

Yes mate we understand you don’t believe it to be real because Cal Twomey said so

Wait.
You're buying Haynes with a 2nd or 3rd Round Pick - then paying him $750k to play 2nds.

What am I missing here?

They are miles over the cap and thats being generous. Its coming from within GWS too , not media and not even us .
They have approached some clubs us included to make offers on a few of their players .
Salary dump for potential picks . Pretty simple.

Cant make it much more clear than that .

This is a hypothetical thread, if you're going to continue to get upset about the presence of hypothetical deals you may wish to close the tab and take a few deep breaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back