Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the stories of a Chol and Hardwick are true, I can’t see Chol leaving the party coast. Pretty sure I read previously that he has family roots up there and loves the sun. Maybe too much.

would his heart be in it if he was being pushed out. He has ability but clearly consistency has been an issue and he will be 27 before next season rolls around.

but by god do we need another forward target

Chol had 400 entries. DGB would have kicked 6 if he was playing in GC fwd line.
Our mids got belted. Our backline held up well.
Very hard ask to go to GC and play the best team for the whole season. But ok, let’s delist everybody because we lost a prelim 🙄

Stephens is shaping up as a bust of a trade too. Doesn't stand out in any way at VFL level.

Meek has been bang average and isn't versatile enough.

Thankfully Nash, Worpel, Newcombe and Day all kicked on with their development as midfielders - otherwise there has been little positive about our returns for Mitchell and JOM.

I’ve stamped DGBs papers as a backman, he has 12 months to become a solid forward otherwise he’s a big bust
It’s not looking good for DGB but his games as a forward give me some hope..Chol if cheap would be a good option. Otherwise someone suggested Finlayson who had talent and has torched us before.. if we get another top 10 pick I’d take Caddy along with Duursma… Would improve our fwd stocks immeasurably..

We don't need him to be a true key position. I think he'll become a Harrison Petty type which would be really valuable. Patience my friend.
I was a big wrap for him in his draft year and early on with us but he hasn’t shown much at all, even at VFL level. He’s a ripping lad and I wish him all the best but there comes a time when you need to see more.

If he doesn’t get traded next month, he’d want to show some significant development next year otherwise I’m quite sure the clubs patience will be similar to mine.

Box Hill game shows why we need to hit the draft again this year.... I don't see any of our small/medium forwards coming from the game today. Also no future pure key position players. Ramsden as a 2nd ruck is still genuinely promising but will require a lot of continued development. Would be ideal if we could get another pick on top of our first and McCabe, to get more talent developing in the areas where we are thin.

It sounded like Bennetts had a good game. Not impressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That 2020 draft is looking like the worst draft in the last 20+ years.

Look at the players taken after him its not like we missed out on anyone.

The two best players from that draft are Gulden & Jamarra both who were academy players.

Cut losses and move on with DGB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol had 400 entries. DGB would have kicked 6 if he was playing in GC fwd line.
Our mids got belted. Our backline held up well.
Very hard ask to go to GC and play the best team for the whole season. But ok, let’s delist everybody because we lost a prelim 🙄
spot on mate, DGB played well up forward in the first half with crap delivery from our mids. Then has to go down back under a barrage of entries, due to a midfield that is so slow. Yes, he gets frustrated at times, but you can’t blame him, gets shifted all over the place. Love how he has a crack.

Could Denver be the Gunston in this rebuild.
Gunners was kicking 40 goals for us a season at the same age DGB is. Gunners was just a natural forward who slotted right in. I’m not convinced DGB is that. Still think he’ll end up in defence.

O sorry Not as good as I hope
nah but also not as bad as the stats would suggest. felt like in the actual contest he was able to impact it and made a lot of nice spoils. but Chol still got quite a few scoring shots thru separation which i assume was him being fitter and running back on transition or just being smarter

denver is definitely a bit of a dumbcampaigner sometimes but im not gonna lie i find it really funny so i cant stay mad at him lol

I've banged on blindly all year to give Jeka a chance. Not anymore after watching today.

DGB I've kept the faith, but not anymore after after the last 5 weeks.

Jeka, gone, not even rookie

DGB + Brocky + 29 + F1 for WC pick 1

Stephens a bust also FMD

I've banged on blindly all year to give Jeka a chance. Not anymore after watching today.

DGB I've kept the faith, but not anymore after after the last 5 weeks.

Jeka, gone, not even rookie

DGB + Brocky + 29 + F1 for WC pick 1

Stephens a bust also FMD
They would only consider if pick 3 is traded.

Do we want stop gaps but let’s say we got Dear just play him next to Lewis and get games into him like we did with Roughy and Buddy.
Right now we are one injury to Lewis away from our entire forward line falling off. I'd go with both a young talent and a mature stopgap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back