List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have Murphy insurance it’s Dean, what we need is preseason Dean insurance as that’s a dangerous time for his feet.
I’m not familiar enough with him. Can’t say I’m unhappy his foot issue happened last preseason though. Out late Markov would never have become a pie and a massive part of the team!

Just thinking out loud a little bit here about how Dodoro is seemingly chasing Duursma from Port as an afterthought to them chasing BZT. And now Geelong chasing Lord as a result of them chasing Esava.

I feel like all of our targets over the years - previously with Hine and now Wright - have always been just that, a legitimate target. Crisp probably the last one I can remember that has come out of nowhere.
If you look at our trades last year, each one was made for a specific need, and all of them worked as planned, apart from McStay's injuries.
Dan still showed his worth when he came back.
Other clubs are now trying to follow our lead.
Dodo is more like a kid running around in a shop grabbing shiny baubles - ooh! there's a McKay - grab that! - and a Gresham - I've got to have that! Zerk-Thatcher - you rat! - I'll grab a Duursma to get even!
Mackie is developing a similar vibe.

Na its going to go the other way. GC will have about 5 picks before our pick that will be deleted and only 3 players to push it out more. That pick 33 has already been pushed back by the free agents. Is Croft in this draft? Would be the same for him.

Im not sure. You've got the three gold coast boys, MCcabe and Croft plus who knows what the Gresham compo will be. Before our picks gold coast has four picks and hawthorn have one that could be eaten up so possibly our pick stays the same or gets pushed out one, unless I'm misreading it. Could change from now on though if gold coast get more picks.

We definitely need Murphy insurance. Even if he is cleared by the panel and plays on, he’s on such a time clock now.

Add to that Howe will retire at some point in the near future.
We have Frampton, then there's Dean and Will Kelly :rolleyes:, the last 2 are pretty much untried.

goldy will be burning 23, 26, 27 and 31 themselves before adams pick 33. So there’s 4 spots.

Not sure what other picks are getting used on. It’s a high 20’s pick

You have to factor in the +1 for each player taken though.

As an example if club A bids on GC player X at 3, GC matches at 3 and club A's next pick is now 4 pushing back everyone else's selection. Of course player X was never available to us anyway so the pool of available players remains unchanged.

There's likely to be what, at least 4 players (3 Gold Coast, Croft WB) taken prior to pick 33 so that pushes it back to 37.

Gold Goast have 4 selections prior to 33 so that becomes a zero net gain/loss in terms of position.

The Dogs have none between between their current pick 5 and 33.

At this stage I'd say 33 will remain at 33 though that could still change due to multiple factors.

Our current pick 38 could potentially come in two spots however as GC have picks 35 + 37.

The Fremantle pick 45 could come in 3 places due to the Dogs holding 39 presently.

It wouldn't surprise if the deal for Schultz ends up being 19 plus a swap of one of our picks in the 30's for 45.

P.S- Any other F/S or NGA expected to go in the first 2 rounds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not familiar enough with him. Can’t say I’m unhappy his foot issue happened last preseason though. Out late Markov would never have become a pie and a massive part of the team!
Dean has had a similar start to his career as Murphy who had injuries his first few seasons. Dean was an excellent intercept defender in the VFL. There were big raps on him when we got him when Roughead had to retire early. Nows the time for Chas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back