List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a fixation on here with what round the picks are in. You could trade a first round pick 19 and it would be a travesty but using a second round pick 19 is shrewd business.
It's more than that - some seem to value picks very differently when they're used to pick up a player in a trade than if they are used to pick up a player by draft. Eg. The following year after Murray, we did exactly the same trade: future 2nd for future 3rd to get the pick to draft Bianco. Everyone applauded it as clever and cunning.

Because they didn’t bother offering him a contract at all until they got word of our interest, or so the story goes. So getting a future second for what would have been a DFA is quite the reaming, if true.
It's a myth. They'd offered him a contract, but were rolling him over as a Cat B, because it has an obvious advantage. However, they didn't know there was outside interest and there was a massive disadvantage that we could have added him as a DFA without trade due to some strange Cat B rules. So when they got wind of our interest they offered him a list spot, which meant that we ouldn't pick him up as a DFA.

I think 19 is about right. He's had 2 very good years and is young and heading into his prime. In a successful team there's no reason he can't move into AA quality performance. The perfect replacement for Billy.
Freo have been very flaky the last few seasons so I can imagine it’s been tough for a small forward in that team at times. I read somewhere that he’s kicked more goals than any of his teammates the last 4 yrs. So for me - he’s a great pick up.

Just thinking out loud a little bit here about how Dodoro is seemingly chasing Duursma from Port as an afterthought to them chasing BZT. And now Geelong chasing Lord as a result of them chasing Esava.

I feel like all of our targets over the years - previously with Hine and now Wright - have always been just that, a legitimate target. Crisp probably the last one I can remember that has come out of nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking out loud a little bit here about how Dodoro is seemingly chasing Duursma from Port as an afterthought to them chasing BZT. And now Geelong chasing Lord as a result of them chasing Esava.

I feel like all of our targets over the years - previously with Hine and now Wright - have always been just that, a legitimate target. Crisp probably the last one I can remember that has come out of nowhere.
To be fair, Schultz came a bit out of nowhere.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back