Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornes is like a dog with a bone.

FFS He should leave the kid alone. Has done the same with Horne-Francis.

Cornes is a self-righteous flog.
The football world would benefit if Cornes took an extra month off.

Lol. The only person complaining was Kane Cornes. Cornes has a serious, almost sociopathic obsession with Ginni.

I'd hoped when he left the Pies, the media might let up on Jack a little. But not sour puss Kane Cornes.

Cornes talks about Ginnivan because it generates interest and ratings. That is all.

Cornes is successful because of people who react to his opinions, spread them, then go listen to his radio show to complain how "stupid" he is while he laughs and counts his money.

Cornes talks about Ginnivan because it generates interest and ratings. That is all.

Cornes is successful because of people who react to his opinions, spread them, then go listen to his radio show to complain how "stupid" he is while he laughs and counts his money.
I think everyone knows Cornes is employed by sen & FC for his fake outrage.

Cornes is the shock jock of footy -

Not really. Cornes is pretty harmless. Shock Jocks have their own place in hell.

shock jocks are grotesquely over paid

Sadly, they get paid the market rate for their services.

Last edited:
I think everyone knows Cornes is employed by sen & FC for his fake outrage.

Maybe this says more about me, but I actually agreed with Cornes in principle, but for very different reasons than he’s cited.

Cornes is banging about how little game time he played in the finals - doesn’t matter, he trained, he turned up to team meetings, Eventhough he might not have been on the field, he was still on the job.

But new club, new year, for him this is about getting to know his team mates and his coaches, starting to build relationships.

And he’s only 20, he’s still had a decent 6 week break since the GF, more than most workers get.

But not a big deal, and not worth dying on a hill over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes is a little bit right here,
Maybe this says more about me, but I actually agreed with Cornes in principle, but for very different reasons than he’s cited.

Cornes is banging about how little game time he played in the finals - doesn’t matter, he trained, he turned up to team meetings, Eventhough he might not have been on the field, he was still on the job.

But new club, new year, for him this is about getting to know his team mates and his coaches, starting to build relationships.

And he’s only 20, he’s still had a decent 6 week break since the GF, more than most workers get.

But not a big deal, and not worth dying on a hill over.
I agree, he won a Premiership at Collingwood but he’s at Hawthorn now get involved show them you want to part of what they are going through and you’re fully buying in on the Hawks journey.

I wonder if it was a bit of a test from Sam Mitchell.

Each to their own but if I had the chance I’d be all in and and chomping at the bit to get going.

Where do we all think his career will end up? I’ll always rate his footy smarts, but I feel like his physical limitations will hold him back in the long term. Might not get to 100 games.
He screams Jaidyn Stephenson to me. Gonna get games but not really be great then fade away into insignificance.

Cornes is a little bit right here,

I agree, he won a Premiership at Collingwood but he’s at Hawthorn now get involved show them you want to part of what they are going through and you’re fully buying in on the Hawks journey.

I wonder if it was a bit of a test from Sam Mitchell.

Each to their own but if I had the chance I’d be all in and and chomping at the bit to get going.
Maybe he booked travel based on still being at Collingwood and having the extra couple of weeks? I guess he could have cancelled but likely had Hawthorn's blessing to stay with his plans.

Maybe he booked travel based on still being at Collingwood and having the extra couple of weeks? I guess he could have cancelled but likely had Hawthorn's blessing to stay with his plans.
I'm absolutely sure the Hawthorn Football Club advised Jack what date he was required back at the club for training. I'd also be absolutely sure he would have told the club where & when he was on holidays.

One thing i'd say about the volcanetoad.... he's manages to think up more interesting topics than most - aside from his Port interests. But if he ever wants to be a journalist, he needs to do a course in the basics, and in this instance, that would include contacting sam mitchell to see if ginnivan was given any directions regarding not turning up....which evidently he was. Not that the Toadmeister is the only person in australia falsely calling themselves a journalist at the moment.

exactly. Who the hell would come into work if the Boss said to have an extra week off.

When Mitchell says “It was my idea”, that’s what his media managed response was. It’s not necessarily what actually happened.

There is a reason clubs hire comms and media people - and it’s certainly not to be spokespeople, because we never hear directly from them.

One thing i'd say about the volcanetoad.... he's manages to think up more interesting topics than most - aside from his Port interests. But if he ever wants to be a journalist, he needs to do a course in the basics, and in this instance, that would include contacting sam mitchell to see if ginnivan was given any directions regarding not turning up....which evidently he was. Not that the Toadmeister is the only person in australia falsely calling themselves a journalist at the moment.

Nah, in this case Cornes was editorialising. It was opinion. Nothing to do with journalism. And no obligation to fact check (and essentially the facts were correct, Ginni indeed hadn’t turned up to training)

Journalism is what Damian Barrett pretends to do, it’s a very different thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back